Reliance Challenge Map

GuildedBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there I'm kinda new, to the forums but have been playing FTB for a while and thus while playing I had an idea. "What if you had a map where you had to rely on another party for a certain resource. (Power, Transport, Food, etc.) and while I'm working on this I'm looking for people who wouldn't mind giving me feedback as it goes from indev all the way up currently it's in the starting stages so not much has been done to it so in turn I'm also people who don't mind constantly rebuilding as things go along.

At least one person who wishes to undergo this must have a server or be able to play with friends
at least 3 people are required more depending
and must be willing to give both positive and negative feedback.

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
If you read my topic a few topics down you will see that ChocolateCharlie gave me some good advice. He said that no one will provide you with a server, you should start out with one. Sadly, people aren't nice enough to buy you a server. For my project, I'm waiting on people.

I'm also not sure about what you mean by another party. Do you mean by another mod that people don't normally use? I'll be willing to join you if my project doesn't get enough participants.

GuildedBlade

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really asking for a server or anything like that I'm asking for something along the lines of a group of people who would be willing to help test it even if it's simply Lan. So I'm okay with not having a server though it would be nice to be able to play along with it to see the progress as it goes along.

And about the other party I meant in this such way. If you were tasked to build a power supply for 3 other players, the 3 other players would be tasked with something different. I.E. food, transport, upgrades, etc. So in relative terms you are one party and you will have to rely on other players (other parties) to get something you want. That kinda was the basis behind the map you are set one task and the other players are set something that will help the rest of the players.

And I would love if you could help me it's in the beginning stages though I just have the basic map at the moment and some objects that set the roles up (Well 3 of them the final one is undecided)

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I see, its multiplayer.
One thing that I don't get is that I don't see that being much of a challenge. It seems like that would be something you would do during normal survival FTB. Usually I have some people working on different things when I play multiplayer survival. I get that you have to rely on your partner, but, its still not very challenging.
One thing that could work would be to put walls in between each player and have a system in the middle which transports certain items to the other players. Also, you would have a list of challenges. that they would have to complete. If that's the case, then.... wow, good idea.
And yes, I'll probably will be willing to help you.

Puggy

Jul 29, 2019
If you are looking for an idea like that, perhaps build a map where each team member is separated on their own island with only certain resources (ie. food on one, wood, iron, etc.) Also on each island will be one enderchest for each team. First team to reach pre-determined goals win. This way if one member of the teams fails they all fail.