REI's Minimap

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Beleriond01, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Beleriond01

Beleriond01 Well-Known Member Wiki Translator

Is it me or was REI's minimap removed from the latest DW20 pack?

2. BikerEleven

BikerEleven Member

It would appear that in version 5.2.0 REI's minimap is not installed which is all I can say about it.

3. esotericist

esotericist Member

Yes, we've been given the VoxelMap minimap instead. For better or for worse.

4. maylith

maylith Member

rei's is client side, and can easily be installed....and used on any server....

5. TheSandwichMakr

TheSandwichMakr Active Member

I'm guessing rei's was replaced with voxelmap since rei's had an issue with worlds unloading, so I would suggest not using it.

6. GameFAQsRolo

GameFAQsRolo New Member

This was also my guess. Direwolf recorded a bit of a conversation on the subject in one of his more recent SMP episodes. I can't remember what episode it was, but the conversation involved other stuff like garbage collection, leaking worlds and the topic of Rei's Minimap.

I still went ahead and added it back into my pack. If I run into any world problems or leaks, I might go back to VoxelMap (without all the other Voxel stuff I don't need).

EDIT:
    After running a comparison in different worlds with both minimaps, I found VoxelMap to be the better fit for me. VoxelMap ran smoother with a higher FPS overall. I disabled all the other Voxel stuff, leaving only VoxelMap and liteloader enabled.

7. Beleriond01

Just wondering here...voxelmap now part of the DW20 pack then? Reason I ask is I didn't see a map at all when I logged. Will have to look into the mod to find how to enable it and all...

Thanks for the heads up btw!

Bel*.

8. Dravarden

Dravarden Well-Known Member

removing that crap, rather have reis than voxelag, my fps are screwed enough to add even more lag.

9. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever

Well, would be nice if there was an official post about removing a mod for a different mod. It's really quite annoying when things like this happen. At the moment it's all guess work.

10. Beleriond01

I only partly agree here. Indeed it would be nice to have an official post indicating what mods were added/removed but by the same token we should all realise it's a courtesy we're even able to simply download an assembled mod pack like FTB and use it at will :)

That said, I did some searching and couldn't actually find a mod called VoxelMap. In fact, I found this link (http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/The_VoxelModPack) where it indicates that Rei's Minimap is part of the Voxel Box lol...

Think I'll manually add REI's back in...just hope my waypoints got preserved XD

Bel*.