RedPower news, and thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I've got no problem with throwing a party and being off topic while we wait. And if there IS news (beyond there being only 2 bugs left) we can celibrate that, AND maybe a release.

So, what's your favorite party drink?

Crown Royal and Coke! Or mojito. That reminds of my comany's yearly seminar last year, we stayed at a resort with free drinks all over the resort; golf club had an employee on a golf cart to go around and give free drinks while we golfed, that was awesome. You can imagine how many Crown Royal drink-size bottles I downed ;)

It is tanning beds :p
You would have to eat several pounds of carrots multiple times a day to turn orange :p

Carrots can do that to you?! O_O

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
My grandpa turned orange from drinking a few cups of carrot juice a day, so... yes. I've seen it happen.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Just done workin. and the kids are visiting the inlaws. Think I'l award myself 4cc's of baileys Irish cream alongside desert after dinner alone with my wife tonight.
I think my wiofe has bribed Eloraam into not releasing til after the weekend. ;)

Reactions: Ashzification

Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Party drink? A Sling. A Singapore Sling.

That drink being what it is... Gin.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
funny-pictures-your-cat-is-drunk-dialing-you.jpg

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
*sees 15 more post since the last times he checked this post
*finds out it's all about alcohol

Well, gin and tonic for me. Really dry, tiny hangover effects, good quality gin easy to find anywhere.

mr_vit

Jul 29, 2019
What U guys (and girls :) ) are drinking there... wow. What can be better than just clean cold vodka (without any of those strange additions)? And of course some beer to fresh at summer (obviously :) )...

Reactions: ZPDali

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
For those that can manage fractions:
1/6th kulula (or tia maria if you don't have any), 1/6th vodka and 2/3ds milk. It's the best way to mix a white russian imo.

Proper malt scotch should never be mixed with anything more than 2-3 drops of water, which releases the flavours. Blocks of ice are to be avoided as well.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I will admit, though, my buddy ruined me on most tequilas. My buddy, on my 21st birthday, introduced me to Gran Patron Platinum for my first drink. I've never been able to tolerate any other form of tequila since. The magnificent bastard.

As a cute alternative to a Margarita, try mixing up tequila with Mountain Dew. It's a bit sweeter, and you get that booze/caffeine thing going.

I've always been partial to Rum n Coke (or rather, Rum and Dr. Pepper). Matusalem Classico is an excellent choice for this, since it's smooth and has a very lovely flavor. Perfect for making a drink you can sip while sitting on your back porch as the summer sun sinks slowly into the encroaching dusk.

A friend also introduced me to the buttery nipple... a layered shot of baileys and buttershots. Mmmmm....

Secretly replacing the cream in a White Russian with Baileys also makes for an interesting drink with quite a bit more punch than most people would be expecting.

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
Yeh, have to admit I went through a mezcal stage in my youth-massive memory loss from it though and a tendancy to bleach my hair while pi**ed. Nowadays, I'll have the odd blowout on white russians and the occasional wee snifter of remy martin VSOP. Whisky turns me into a bloomin nutcase, so I avoid getting drunk on it, but I will have a little glass of glenmorangie now and again.

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
I have always and will always be a vodka drinker, but not big on the taste so red bull makes a great addition, dandelion & burdock works too, or coke, lemonade etc.
EDIT: not that I drink often ¬_¬
There is another very close second drink though, has almost ZERO alchoholic taste, looks funky, and is quite potent. There is a drink here in the UK called vimto (unsure of it's awareness globally) which is a children's cordial as well as in bubbled form. One bottle of WKD Blue added to a few shots of Ruby Port transform both ingredients into this fizzy childs drink, hides the alchoholic flavour almost perfectly, and makes it a vibrant purple fizzy drink that can knock your socks off.
to anyone in the UK who hasn't tried it I recommend it highly for parties.

FYI I do not condone under age drinking at all, but who says all alchohol should taste like paint stripper? what's wrong with one that doesn't trace fire down your throat or look/taste like fermented germs?
6334605213_e07e0ab825_z.jpg
vimto_2102362c.jpg

[/spolier]This site really needs spoilers :confused: EDIT: WOOHOO spoilers ahoy!

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like the only thing that will get me remotely tipsy on a night out nowaday is vodka... so thats what i tend to drink, either with red bull or ribena :3 seems my tollerance for cider/beer has outran my wallets tollerance. Oh, and I wont touch other spirits... no no no >.<

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, nice. On the topic of drinks that taste like stuff, you ever made jelly bean?
Get a 2 litre jug, put in one shot of every clear spirit behind the bar. Mix in a small bottle of orange juice, a dash of grenadine and top it off with snakebite (50/50 mix of cider and lager). Bloomin lethal and tastes like jelly beans funnily enough.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I d
Heh, nice. On the topic of drinks that taste like stuff, you ever made jelly bean?
Get a 2 litre jug, put in one shot of every clear spirit behind the bar. Mix in a small bottle of orange juice, a dash of grenadine and top it off with snakebite (50/50 mix of cider and lager). Bloomin lethal and tastes like jelly beans funnily enough.
I drink cider\spiced rum or bourbon usually, though on the subject of mixed drinks something that looks horrible but tastes wonderful is a shot of black sambucca\a shot of peppermint schnappes in a glass of baileys.

Tybot

Jul 29, 2019
Screwdrivers, Grateful Dead's, and Hurricanes (with fresh lemon, none of that squeeze bottle crap).

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Uppercuts. The only alcoholic drink I enjoy. It's a shooter of Disaronno inside of an orange juice glass.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Green Apple Mojito with a shot of Absinthe. Initial taste is the mojito, aftertaste is all absinthe. Pretty awesome.

Really, anything that has too strong of a taste to mix with anything, goes great with absinthe...which is too strong to mix:)

Amazingly, even at 75% alcohol, you can't taste any at all.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
For those that can manage fractions:
1/6th kulula (or tia maria if you don't have any), 1/6th vodka and 2/3ds milk. It's the best way to mix a white russian imo.

Take off some of that milk, and make it a scoop of ice cream, with chocolate sauce.

But honestly, I'd rather be here, waiting with good company and good drinks, in a calm and civilized way, then the other thread where all hell is breaking loose.

Remember, we started to farm in order to have hops for beer.

Reactions: QueWhat