Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn413

Jul 29, 2019
If it hadn't be for the fact that it's been months since Elo's been in contact with her user base (when did RP2 for 1.2.5 come out?) this post would have been mildly amusing. As it stands though, it's nothing but trolling by someone who's been playing with RP2 for how long now? (And before the flaming starts yes I understand the concept of betta testing and bugs and her personal choice about releasing it... yada yada yada)

Posts like these don't do anything for programmers image...

Sheriff

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care if there is so many bugs that crash the game and corrupt saves every 5minutes. Give me ANY form of RP2.... /cry

Akaedis

Jul 29, 2019
If it hadn't be for the fact that it's been months since Elo's been in contact with her user base (when did RP2 for 1.2.5 come out?) this post would have been mildly amusing. As it stands though, it's nothing but trolling by someone who's been playing with RP2 for how long now? (And before the flaming starts yes I understand the concept of betta testing and bugs and her personal choice about releasing it... yada yada yada)

FINALLY someone who has the same thoughts as me, but was able to put them into words

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012

yea and considering this isnt just a moderator or a trusted user its the big boss himself. im saying if its true its true and then ok thats good to know. But if this is just a "joke" or an attempt to troll then its not funny i mean EVERYONE who uses FTB and is waiting for the 1.4.5 update is waiting for redpower to update since that is the stated reason for why it has not been released yet. so telling your entire userbase that something they have been waiting to get for a long time and then having a Moderator like Jadedcat come out with

Please do not feed the trolls. It requires massive amounts of cleanup when the post gets hit with a judicious meteor blast. Just report the trolls and DO NOT RESPOND. And yes I understand the irony of this on this post.
just make's slowpoke seem like a really big troll and to me that diminishes the worth of the mod pack as a whole if we can't trust the Creators of the modpack to be honest with us then why should we trust them at all with anything?

bhblacky

Jul 29, 2019
the mainproblem is probably that she's a perfectionist ;)

i mean, you've seen in direwolfs videos she is still adding new cool features, then there's another cool thing and another one, ouh and this could be nice and and and, a never ending story.

maybe it would be released since a long time, if there was not all this fancy new stuff. not that i'm against new things, but does this all have to be packed in the first release of 1.4.x ?

Reactions: beringtom

Nyldar

Jul 29, 2019
So I have recently received further news about the release of Red Power 2. It has apparently been decided that release of the mod has been delayed until after the 21st December 2012. Apparently there are fears that if Eloraam was to release now, the amount of data being downloaded at one time would effectively bring down the internet. This would lead to a chain of events that would cumulate in the end of world.

It is hoped that by delaying the upcoming release of Red Power we can avoid this disaster and may get to see a future where we finally get to a point where FTB can release a stable mod pack, the hard work of Pahimar and Soaryn isn't wasted and we all get to see the amazing looking Equivalent Exchange and Xycraft, and Notch and Jeb finally give the mod developers a few weeks to breathe by not releasing a new version or update to Minecraft (OK sorry, I admit it, the last one is a dream).

Anyways, you can all relax for the next few weeks, give your F5 key a much earned break and enjoy the awesome mods that are already out there.

What exactly was the point of trolling us ?
Grow up. Either provide factual information or keep quiet.

You're better off by taking community interaction seriously than actively annoying people and acting like a child.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a little confused. If releasing Redpower before the 20th will "bring down the internet", why would a release post 20-12 be any different? There will be a large amount of traffic no matter when it's released.

Spitfire2k6

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a little confused. If releasing Redpower before the 20th will "bring down the internet", why would a release post 20-12 be any different? There will be a large amount of traffic no matter when it's released.
It was a Joke... Redpower will be released after the 21st because Elo will presumably be off work/college and have more time to put into it.[DOUBLEPOST=1355398068][/DOUBLEPOST]
What exactly was the point of trolling us ?
Grow up. Either provide factual information or keep quiet.

You're better off by taking community interaction seriously than actively annoying people and acting like a child.

It was factual information with a joke mate, chill out.
Redpower will be released after the 21st because Elo will presumably be off work/college and have more time to put into it.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I could sit here and wait for some more time for RP2. My only big fear is that there is a new MC update and all mods shatter again over x versions of MC.
1.2.5 was great because most big mods where usable with this version. I really hope 1.4.5 will be this again.
So Elo take your time but please do not update again bevor the next release.

TnTBlockMan

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome troll post Slowpoke. But as silly as the post may be, there is legit reasoning for saying 21st+ as a RP2 Update release date. You just need to check out recent RP release date history, to find that RP Official Release dates have been posted in and around the 21st/Friday/Saturday time stamp.

But in all Seriously, the only way you know when RP will be Publicly Available is when Direwolf20 Makes Public the RedPower2 Mod Spotlight videos on Youtube :)

KRWren

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, people need to calm down about free entertainment. Aside from minecraft it's not like you paid for this content.

I fully agree. Add to much pressure for her getting it done may burn her out and then we will never get it.

Let her know most of us really appreciate all the hard work she is doing and release it when it's ready.

As to release it now even with the bugs, that will kill the mod. No matter how much you warn people about the problems, some people will still complain all over the internet and give the mod a very bad name and hurt her reputation a lot more then a slow delivery.

Cheeseless

Jul 29, 2019
I thinnk everyopne that is complaining about his trollling must be humorless box-dwellers with no desire to do anything in minecraft but play IN ZE DEZIGNATED PATTERN. and whatnot. Aside from that i'd say a Christmas release would be my best-case scenario.

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
31821729.jpg

Sheriff

Jul 29, 2019
I literally haven't played any Minecraft since 1.2.5, because I'm still waiting on RP2 release...

I kind of want to play again. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.