Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daeden

Jul 29, 2019
How about releasing a version that contains the world gen? I'm presuming the bugs are within the items/devices not the world generation.

When redpower is released is FTB going to be updated to 1.4.5? Why dont you update current mods now to 1.4.5? Why didn't you patch get a patch made for the cheaty rubber boots in IC2?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
How about releasing a version that contains the world gen? I'm presuming the bugs are within the items/devices not the world generation.

When redpower is released is FTB going to be updated to 1.4.5? Why dont you update current mods now to 1.4.5? Why didn't you patch get a patch made for the cheaty rubber boots in IC2?
Why are you asking so many questions that have already been answered elsewhere on the forums?

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
LOL So RP drops "around" Dec 21, gets a couple/few weeks of play then 1.5 drops and it becomes useless again, marvelous.

Reactions: Barkaway

P46EY

Jul 29, 2019
So obviously most of you didnt grasp Slowpokes joke then. Do a google for Mayan Calendar predicts end of the world. You may recognise the date. Doh!

Sheriff

Jul 29, 2019
Damnit, I wanted to play RedPower again before I died... If the world really does end, what will we do then, having not gotten to play a new version of RP2 since 1.2.5 over half a year ago?! -.-

And for those saying, "blah blah 1.5 and then useless blah blah", I doubt 1.5 will add anything significantly important like Cocoa Plants and Pyramids/Ruins, so we can just use 1.4.5 FOREVER.

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
And for those saying, "blah blah 1.5 and then useless blah blah", I doubt 1.5 will add anything significantly important like Cocoa Plants and Pyramids/Ruins, so we can just use 1.4.5 FOREVER.

They're changing the way red stone behaves. Pretty sure that'll effect Red Power. Perhaps you haven't heard, they're calling it the "Red Stone Update".

Sheriff

Jul 29, 2019
They're changing the way red stone behaves. Pretty sure that'll effect Red Power. Perhaps you haven't heard, they're calling it the "Red Stone Update".
Perhaps you didn't understand my post. I meant that 1.5 is probably not adding anything worthwhile in it, so we can just keep using 1.4.5 forever.

Unlike 1.3 or 1.4, which added interesting things to Minecraft like Cocoa Plants, I doubt 1.5 will add much other than breaking Mods and changing Redstone slightly...

Reactions: eisbaerBorealis

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you didn't understand my post. I meant that 1.5 is probably not adding anything worthwhile in it, so we can just keep using 1.4.5 forever.

Unlike 1.3 or 1.4, which added interesting things to Minecraft like Cocoa Plants, I doubt 1.5 will add much other than breaking Mods and changing Redstone slightly...

I guess if you don't use red stone then you might be right. Also they're changing red stone quite a bit more than "slightly". Not to mention they're whole aim after this, is to begin releasing updates every couple of months, and if eloraam's update interim wait time is any indication, she'll never be able to keep up with them. Oh and another nether ore... sounds like a decent sized update to me.

Sheriff

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention they're whole aim after this, is to begin releasing updates every couple of months, and if eloraam's update interim wait time is any indication, she'll never be able to keep up with them.
Only reason she's taken so long, aside from personal reasons, is that the Minecraft code changed drastically between 1.2.5 and 1.3. Yes, initially it'd take a long time for her to update to 1.5 since the API is changing. But I think it'll be back to the old RP2 release schedule we were used to pre-1.2.5.

As for "using Redstone", who needs Redstone when you have RedPower2? :p
I for one can't wait for Eloraam to finally implement all the other really interesting features she's had planned for RP2 for a while now. Like Rubber farming and Alchemy.

Reactions: eisbaerBorealis

logoster

Jul 29, 2019
well, how do we know something isnt wrong after all? as idk if anyones noticed, but eloraam.com doesnt even work at all now, in fact, for all we know, we could already be dead, and just be in an after life

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
Only reason she's taken so long, aside from personal reasons, is that the Minecraft code changed drastically between 1.2.5 and 1.3. Yes, initially it'd take a long time for her to update to 1.5 since the API is changing. But I think it'll be back to the old RP2 release schedule we were used to pre-1.2.5..
The whole of Minecraft's source is being gutted and recreated. Notch never intended it to be a worldwide phenomenon with millions of fans, and hundreds of modders attempting impossibilities with his code. I've watched the source change from 1.2.5 up to the latest updates. Everything is changing, regardless of how little change we see in gameplay. A good example is the Dispenser. It's function hasn't changed one iota, but it's code was completely gutted and refactored in 1.4 to make it easier to add interface hooks for modders to write custom code for Dispensing stuff. These updates (1.4, 1.5, and probably 1.6 and 1.7) add seemingly insignificant things (nether brick half slabs, fireworks?) in order to satiate the community, while Mojang is doing the real work without telling anyone.

That's why they have to fix Redstone. The initial hacks aren't cutting it, and if modders want to do new things with it, currently, they have to fix Mojang's quirks, or work around them. They're fixing those quirks so they won't be a problem anymore, but it will break a lot of stuff with most mods that interact with Redstone in any way/shape/form. This is a rough spot for modders, but it will hopefully set up a new system where every MC update doesn't destroy mods (Mod API, releasing whenever Dinnerbone and Jeb finish basically recoding all of MC).

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
*headscratch* Now this isn't ment as a jab or anything, but the line about donations wouldn't hurt.. If money from the community would aid her, wouldn't it be.. sorta.. beneficial to communicate with that community? Been following lot of mods for a long time, and those that show the donation bar to the public always do much better when they're active and chatty with their people. You wrap yourself in so many secrets, and people start to wonder if their money is doing anything at all. We've all heard the argument of 'It's her choice!' a million times, and it certainly is, but if money is the issue here, even just waving to her community would help people feel more generous. Unless things have really changed since I was in the distribution scene, entirely possible.

stephenseiber

Jul 29, 2019
the world ending would be in the form of... when FTB updates to 1.4.5 with redpower 2... everyone gets sucked into a minecraft world. complete with everything from the best mods including what xycraft is suppose to have... this world would include myscraft portals, link books, modifiers, description books, etc. also we would look like a minecraft version of our real life self. time to start mining. but just like mine-craft you can't permanently die.

would have rp2, BC 3, IC2, Thermal craft, Factorization, mystcraft, gregtech, portal gun, soul shards, railcraft, forestry, extra bees, extra biomes, iron chest, invtweaks, (used for inventory bag and chest,) NEI (this will be a book in the Invetory bag) minimap( this will be a watch showning map and time) steves carts, twilight forest, advance machines and Solar panels, CC, gravisuit, mffs, ic2 nuclear control, BC addition pipes, ender chest, teleport pipes,

Rensik

Jul 29, 2019
Three mods for technical things, underneath the sky
Seven for iron chests in halls of cobblestone
Nine for fields of forestry doomed thus to die
One for the Dark Lady on her coding throne
In the Land of Eloraam where the Beast may lie.
One Mod to rule them all, One frame to find them,
One tube to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
In the Land of Eloraam where the Beast may lie.

That is one Awesome poem, man. xD Sharing it with others, if you don't mind :) Of course, all credits to you. :p

mon636

Jul 29, 2019
We should be fine till then Xeno's Reliquary just came a couple days ago and looks pretty awesome.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect that the date posted by Slowpoke is probably a pretty good starting point for when we can look for a RP release. As in "after" the 21st. Since a lot of holiday time off begins on that Friday the 21st I believe that is why he is saying it will be after that date. The part about the end of the world is him just being a funny guy. Unfortunately this is also going to spill into the 1.4.6 release so I wouldn't count on seeing anything till the end of Dec or early Jan. Delays have been the norm here and it sounds like Elo's schedule hasn't opened up for her to work on this any further or the bugs are so involved that is is going to take some major recoding to fix them.
I really wish they would just do a 1.4.5 release matching what they have in the existing FTB pack with appropriate updates or additions of completed mods. Continuing to delay a full 1.4.5 modpack release just to wait on RP just doesn't make sense. We have lived without a new release for a long time now so time to move on and not hold things back for one overworked mod developer. Maybe if the pressure of having so many people waiting on Elo to complete her mod is off she will feel more relaxed about completing the task.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Well said Laguy. I am with you on that. Because I am not a modder, I have no understanding on why she is unable to at least let the world gen out. That way we could update to 1.4.5 with thaum and xycraft and such and just let her be for now. When she feels it is done then it would be just a matter of the mod release itself. Can that be done? And no I am not trolling I am asking a real question here, because I have no knowledge of modding.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
With Redpower if the bugs are in Core, which RP World has to have, then she can't release just the world gen. This leads most people to believe the bugs aren't in some of the other parts of the mod but in the core part, which all the other parts require.

Status
Not open for further replies.