Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I really appreciate all the work the FTB-guys do, since I am just stupid when it comes to combining mods to my MC.

I am one of those people who waited to start a new world when the beta-pack was released, since I can only play an hour or so a day and didn't want to restart very soon (since they all said, the real pack would be there soon).

We are months later, my fingers itch to start, we know the release is VERY close and now they say "it's ready but you can't get it before our friends try it"? That's ... sad ...

I just don't get why a couple of hours they can play before we do, will help them or the popularity of this pack... I just don't understand. Enlighten me please :)

Because it only makes sense to do it that way.

As of now, only the developers for the most part have used it. If they release it and there's a serious bug then everybody whining about a couple hours wait will be screaming about it being broken. The next logical step is to let the more experienced mod players have a shot and iron out any bugs found, then finally put out a release for the general public.

MeLikesRabbits

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough, although I don't think a couple of hours will be enough to assure no bugs... I'll be a little bit more patient and if it isn't ready by then...

I'll wait a bit longer :p

Devilmixer

Jul 29, 2019
they are makin 5 packs, one for mindcrack, wich they will get before the rest of us, then one for direwolf20, a magic, a technic I think it was and a ultimate.

so I think it is ok that dire and mindcrack get theres before the rest of us, but I also think they should focus on the other 3 first as I belive most are waiting for them

thats my 5 cents ;-)

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
they are makin 5 packs, one for mindcrack, wich they will get before the rest of us, then one for direwolf20, a magic, a technic I think it was and a ultimate.

so I think it is ok that dire and mindcrack get theres before the rest of us, but I also think they should focus on the other 3 first as I belive most are waiting for them

thats my 5 cents ;-)

a technic? are you joking ?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
don't know about mindcrack. but direwolf is the man! All the mods spotlights are done so good. i watched them all. I sure think he is the link between the modder's and the community

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I for one dont care if slow & Co. make 50 packs over the mext month & we dont get the full pack untill the challenge map is released, I am not a customer & am a user & have not got the right to demand or complain.

ppl get over your selves it Christmas relax spent time with the ppl you live with remember them, & remember it Christmas for the authors slow & all the team/dev's/mods, we as a unit should be thanking them all & wishing them the best for the holidays, not being demanding & abrasive.

anyway I am dont with this topic happy holidays one n all.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the mindcrack will have configs set up in "hard" mode where the normal one will be set up for the cheaper recipes where configurable.

As for the general-release packs, I think they are waiting for Mystcraft which currently has problems with updating to 1.4.6.

Just my understanding, I may be wrong.

AnDroid

Jul 29, 2019

thats my 5 cents ;-)
I believe that forgecraft pack will be like ultimate :D

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
OK, to clarify a few things first. The reason Mind crack and Direwolf20 will be getting their packs before everyone else is just a simple matter of respect. The are packs that they commissioned us to do, set to their specifications, that will carry their names and reputations with them. The average user who has not been following this forum breathlessly will associate those mod packs with those guys more than they will with FTB. If you commissioned something similar, wouldn't you want to inspect it yourself first, before it was available to the general public?

Secondly, the various mod packs are in the final stretch. We are currently testing them under the process we made with the Beta A pack, and refined with the Magic World pack. Assuming everything goes well then I can promise you at least one pack by Christmas, if not more or sooner.

Lastly, as opinions have grown heated to the boiling point, and this thread has definitely served its purpose, I am locking this down. Thank you for all the lovely conversation thus far.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the modpacks that are coming for the so called "normal user" are waiting on a few mods to be updated and testing of those mods and configs to finish. The reason Mindcrack and DW20 packs are being released prior to the Tech pack Magic pack and Ultimate pack is that they aren't using the mods that aren't or weren't updated yet. RP2 releasing for 1.4.6 meant several mods needed to update to 1.4.6 for inclusion , right in the middle of the holidays. Just hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.