Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
So I have recently received further news about the release of Red Power 2. It has apparently been decided that release of the mod has been delayed until after the 21st December 2012. Apparently there are fears that if Eloraam was to release now, the amount of data being downloaded at one time would effectively bring down the internet. This would lead to a chain of events that would cumulate in the end of world.

It is hoped that by delaying the upcoming release of Red Power we can avoid this disaster and may get to see a future where we finally get to a point where FTB can release a stable mod pack, the hard work of Pahimar and Soaryn isn't wasted and we all get to see the amazing looking Equivalent Exchange and Xycraft, and Notch and Jeb finally give the mod developers a few weeks to breathe by not releasing a new version or update to Minecraft (OK sorry, I admit it, the last one is a dream).

Anyways, you can all relax for the next few weeks, give your F5 key a much earned break and enjoy the awesome mods that are already out there.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
LOL. Stupid Internet. Thanks for the update.

I'm a little confused though. Does this mean EE and Xycraft will be packed into FTB first, with RedPower to come later? Or are they all waiting for the post-Dec. 21 date?

Reactions: John_The_Nuke

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
Admittedly I'd prefer stable release rather than way too early release with several bug fix updates after. Also yeah, good luck waiting for a time that Minecraft itself ISN"T updating. I just hope you guys don't have to keep updating for versions 1.5.1, then 1.5.2, then 1.5.3, etc. when the next update rolls out.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
My F5 key is happy now.
I, on the other hand, am very sad, although I do respect Elo's wishes. We get RP2 when we get RP2, and not a minute sooner. If we have to wait until the New Year, then we have to wait until the New Year. There's no changing that, so we might as well put up with it.
-goes away to be sad-

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
This is great news! The 21st of December is not far away! I actually expected it would be a lot longer before Eloraam got around to releasing Red Power. Red Power is weeks, not months away!!! That makes me happy!

Reactions: macks2008

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
This is great news! The 21st of December is not far away! I actually expected it would be a lot longer before Eloraam got around to releasing Red Power. Red Power is weeks, not months away!!! That makes me happy!
But there is an after the 21. so it doesn't give any more information than more than 10 days.

dronf

Jul 29, 2019
The real question is why let that one mod hold the pack hostage indefinitely? A FTB pack 1.4.5 update when the final release of ic2 comes out would be a pretty welcome release.

Reactions: Confidential1207

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
The real question is why let that one mod hold the pack hostage indefinitely? A FTB pack 1.4.5 update when the final release of ic2 comes out would be a pretty welcome release.
That would be nice, but the world gen in rp will start to ruin any unexplored area in your world :(

Kyler

Jul 29, 2019
slowpoke said on Xcompz stream the whole thing was a joke and shouldn't be taken serious

Status
Not open for further replies.