Recommendations on How to Get More Serious Players?

T

Techly88

Hello I am seeking for recommendations on how/where I could get more players whose are serious about my server and our community?

Obviously I has to be a serious admin if I going to get any serious players "in return" so here is what I doing so far.

• Has both a commercially paid web hosting and a VPS elsewhere to host the actual Minecraft server.
  • Minecraft server is backup regularly and website backed up as needed.
  • I has a helpful forum to source information regarding the server, rules, how to get our pack, and so on.
  • Forum also include places for our members to talk about our community and non community topics.
  • Server is in a uncommon niche (low PC demanding while being hi tech in game).
  • I also try to be very helpful to people, ask how they are doing, and all that nice stuffs. :)
  • I am trying to promote on FTB and MCF where appropriate and on my sigs.
  • I am also in addition sharing what I and the few members who actually does take our server seriously build on at least semi regular frequencies.
It would be nice if anyone could give me some ideas on boosting how many players come on my server (and keep on coming back every couple of days at least).

You can check out what I has already by going to my signature below this post. Thanks you in advance.

T

Techly88

I would like to add that the server is now Greylisted but that seem not to bring in barely any new interested parties.

phit

Jul 29, 2019
honestly, running a custom pack will always be hard to get players on your server unless you already have an established community

T

Techly88

honestly, running a custom pack will always be hard to get players on your server unless you already have an established community

I don't quite understand why though.. All they have to do vs. a listed pack is add in a code and isn't it clearly laid out on my instructions to do so?

phit

Jul 29, 2019
that's not why, people mostly search for specific packs when they are looking for a server, be it that they heard about the latest popular pack from their friends or a youtuber
just look the through the majority of applications of the server in my signature, most people found us because they were googling for crackpack servers or from their friends that are on our server
very few people look for a server for the servers sake, and even if they do it's hard to find those quality small servers when there's hundreds of them that all have their own small pack with the mods the owner likes

it sucks and I really don't have a solution for you

here's some of our google analytics data to back my claims, those are the top 10 referrals to our site in the last 3 months:
http://i.imgur.com/qtOdyZ9.png

the majority of our site visitors found us by googling for "crackpack whitelist server" and then going through one of the various server listing pages

T

Techly88

that's not why, people mostly search for specific packs when they are looking for a server, be it that they heard about the latest popular pack from their friends or a youtuber
just look the through the majority of applications of the server in my signature, most people found us because they were googling for crackpack servers or from their friends that are on our server
very few people look for a server for the servers sake, and even if they do it's hard to find those quality small servers when there's hundreds of them that all have their own small pack with the mods the owner likes

it sucks and I really don't have a solution for you

here's some of our google analytics data to back my claims, those are the top 10 referrals to our site in the last 3 months:
http://i.imgur.com/qtOdyZ9.png

the majority of our site visitors found us by googling for "crackpack whitelist server" and then going through one of the various server listing pages

I can see what your saying (in a nutshell go "be in the existing popularity or go home") however it not like I am getting ZERO traffic. Just those traffic aren't converting...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You can host your own pack it just takes a lot of marketing and perhaps using a launcher like ATL or the Curse launcher. People don't like typing in codes in to the FTB launcher unless they are trying to play a really popular third party pack.

T

Techly88

You can host your own pack it just takes a lot of marketing and perhaps using a launcher like ATL or the Curse launcher. People don't like typing in codes in to the FTB launcher unless they are trying to play a really popular third party pack.

I see I will have to check either of those ones out and see about putting my pack on there as well.

T

Techly88

Let's hope 1.10.2 does the trick and I could easily port this to Curse thanks to FTB syncing service but I will need to wait until I got someone to help me with Curse's required 400x400 image in order to ask for the service.