QuarryPlus

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
As for the quarry in the OP, I liked it for 10 seconds, then I thought about it and decided I'ed rather there be a benefit of hand mining over quarrying.

If BuildCraft ever is to change the Quarry it's hopefully going to make things harder and not easier to use. Multiblock structures with frames, pulleys, carts, drill, more flexibility, more fun.

Why in Minecraft would a mod based on gears add a pully to a device that looks like it has no room for one, I CAN see them giving you the option to pre build the scaffolding (not frames, that's RP2) into custom sized.

Tho with the general usage of buildcraft... I can't really see them adding multi-block structures. Not saying I wouldn't love the idea, I do miss my TBMs type machines. Now that I stop to think about it they are multi-block already, assuming you don't use Tesseracts, you need to set up the power production, which includes engines, pumps (if you use combustion engines), gates if you want more control, pipes and/or railcart. Just because it's only one block, does not mean it's not multi-block. :p

Carts are the realm of Railcraft and somehow I don't see CovertJaguar doing that.... Some people use them already with world carts, or mystcraft protals

Drills are the realm of IC2, I can't see BC relying on or copying other mods.

I would LOVE for them to add a pump to the quarry however.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
It works fine in single player do this:

Go to the minecraft forum post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1756982-yogpstops-mods-quarryplustimesoreforgeand-more/

Scroll down a bit and click the blue link that says:
Download(current version is 1.4.0.5 (For Minecraft 1.5~1.5.2 and BuildCraft 3.5.0~3.7.1) updated on 2013-07-10 09:23:17 UTC)

Click the download link for the version you use and put the folder that you just downloaded into your minecraft/mods folder
I did and it gave me grayscreen which i think is a blackscreen and I'm gonna use this in the beta pack.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I did it exactly as I said for 1.4.7 and it worked without problems.
Maybe there are some conflicts with other mods. But in theory it should work the same

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I did and it gave me grayscreen which i think is a blackscreen and I'm gonna use this in the beta pack.
It uses the IDs 4000-4003 by default, which are kinda loved by Forestry or something, so you need to change the config.
I knew about how the power usage could be set in the config, I just changed everything to be 4x higher than default, but are you sure that efficiency only changes the speed? Mine seemed to be really power efficient before I upped it in the configs.
The power multiplier for efficiency is 1.3x in the config, and a quick PowerConverters test told me the quarry will still use 100 MJ/t with Eff. IV.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
One feature I haven't seen anyone mention so far...

IMO, the single-most significant advantage to this quarry is it's ability to work correctly in the Nether [MC 1.5.x +] without laying down a layer of still water blocks to make the quarry harvest everything.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Unleashed 1.1.3, and if memory serves, it ships with the latest version of Buildcraft for 1.5.x and I had difficulties with the BC quarry in the Nether with Biomes O' Plenty enabled [Tainted Soil , I believe, is what causes the problem].

Edit: just to clarify...I dunno if this issue was fixed in later versions, or if Sengir released an updated version of Buildcraft for 1.5.x after I experienced my problem. I did my research roughly a month before this post, and that's when I found out about QuarryPlus...and using the adv quarry solved my issue.

Last edited:

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
One feature I haven't seen anyone mention so far...

IMO, the single-most significant advantage to this quarry is it's ability to work correctly in the Nether [MC 1.5.x +] without laying down a layer of still water blocks to make the quarry harvest everything.
could you stop necroing threads with pointless messages like this?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
it's nice to see an advanced quarry, but it's sad that Buildcraft didn't add it's own.
I would really want a quarry that you can plop down, and tell from a GUI how big the quarry needs to be, and to be able to only let the quarry mine ores and not any stone, dirt, gravel etcetcetc
mekanism digital miner

Reactions: PierceSG

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
could you stop necroing threads with pointless messages like this?
only because you asked...nicely?

I stumbled across this thread when looking for the mod's forum link, so I can surmise others will too.
I read through this thread looking for the mod's forum link, and continued reading after I had found what I was looking for, so I can surmise others will too.
I added info on the mod to this thread that wasn't here previously, for these future thread readers.

Please explain, in as much detail as possible, how my post was pointless?

You, sir/ma'am/other, seem to be the one posting pointlessly.

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
only because you asked...nicely?

I stumbled across this thread when looking for the mod's forum link, so I can surmise others will too.
I read through this thread looking for the mod's forum link, and continued reading after I had found what I was looking for, so I can surmise others will too.
I added info on the mod to this thread that wasn't here previously, for these future thread readers.

Please explain, in as much detail as possible, how my post was pointless?

You, sir/ma'am/other, seem to be the one posting pointlessly.
you were only ranting and it's a general rule to not necro several months old threads

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
have you even seen when I posted that message? next time before posting a reply like that, check if the message you're replying to hasn't been posted BEFORE an item like that was released.
Not entirely sure what your point is, but Mekanism's digital miner has been "released" for weeks now.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
All this posting about who should have posted what about what was posted when is more annoying than a necro. Not_Steve posted a useful piece of information about the situation as it stands. The fact that it was in reply to an old message does not take away from the usefulness of pointing out, for the benefit of people who are still following this thread, that there is now a solution to a question that was posed a while ago.