Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

kurisu_TEPDCR

Apr 18, 2015
After installing Windows 10, the pack crashes as soon as I break a block. Any idea what could cause it? It's a clean install of Curse BnB so far, without modifications.

Maybe this log would help: http://pastebin.com/g1F0hFAr

Got anothe crash log: http://pastebin.com/wdPSks84

I think the issue narrows down to sound. Turning off sound seems to work. This log popped up once:

Code:
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] Error in class 'CodecJOrbis'
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT]     Ogg header not recognized in method 'readHeader'.
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] Error in class 'CodecJOrbis'
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT]     Error reading the header
I don't know the exact error, but Windows 10 kinda don't like minecraft

A

aandolin

So I can no longer access BnB on the FTB Launcher? I checked third party modpacks and it is not there. Anyone know why it is like this? Or what I can do to play BnB now that its no longer on the FTB Launcher?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
So I can no longer access BnB on the FTB Launcher? I checked third party modpacks and it is not there. Anyone know why it is like this? Or what I can do to play BnB now that its no longer on the FTB Launcher?

FTB swapped out the listed Third Party packs a few days/weeks ago, so now you have to enter the pack code to show up. Eyamaz should probably put that on the OP just for reference. You can also install and play from the Curse Voice Launcher without a pack code.

Answer was only 2 pages back:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/public-pack-blood-n-bones.31815/page-251#post-1496747

A

aandolin

FTB swapped out the listed Third Party packs a few days/weeks ago, so now you have to enter the pack code to show up. Eyamaz should probably put that on the OP just for reference. You can also install and play from the Curse Voice Launcher without a pack code.

Answer was only 2 pages back:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/public-pack-blood-n-bones.31815/page-251#post-1496747

I forgot to mention that I am on a Mac. And therefor curse voice launcher is not available for me. I swear I looked back before for the pack code and did not see it. I must have just skipped right by it. Thank you for the heads up sir!

P.S. It's been awhile since I've played. With the current version do I need to make an config edits or changes to anything for the best possible experience? Any recommendations? I think it was still 1.1.1 when I played last.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to mention that I am on a Mac. And therefor curse voice launcher is not available for me. I swear I looked back before for the pack code and did not see it. I must have just skipped right by it. Thank you for the heads up sir!

P.S. It's been awhile since I've played. With the current version do I need to make an config edits or changes to anything for the best possible experience? Any recommendations? I think it was still 1.1.1 when I played last.

Didn't we just release the mac version of the Curse App? I thought we did. I'm mid flight and can't actually look.

A

aandolin

Didn't we just release the mac version of the Curse App? I thought we did. I'm mid flight and can't actually look.

I downloaded the Mac client and its just the voice part. Nothing else. As far as I can tell anyway.

Hey Eyamaz I'd be happy to test out BnB2 on the Mac for bugs ;)

Reactions: Eyamaz

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019

The Curse Voice Launcher. Even the FTB Official Packs are moving there. The FTB website even seems to have merged with Curse's.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The Curse Voice Launcher. Even the FTB Official Packs are moving there. The FTB website even seems to have merged with Curse's.
They removed it because the list was full with old packs that didnt made sense being kept listed. Not because they are moving to Curse.... BnB and a lot of older packs got removed from the list and are again only accessible trough code.

Connor20120

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an intended method for getting vanilla iron swords or will I have to look through dozens of dungeons for my dagger of sacrifice? And is this pack still being updated for things like spirit world generation bugs that made me struggle for hours to get infuscolium?

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an intended method for getting vanilla iron swords or will I have to look through dozens of dungeons for my dagger of sacrifice? And is this pack still being updated for things like spirit world generation bugs that made me struggle for hours to get infuscolium?

There is no recipe for making an iron sword. Though it might have been an oversight, dungeoneering is the the current preferred method. Remember that two damaged enchanted swords can be combined to make an unenchanted one.

The 1.1.5 version of this pack is no longer being updated. Issues such as the rarity of infuscolium can be rectified with config changes listed here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/public-pack-blood-n-bones.31815/page-210#post-803720

Connor20120

Jul 29, 2019
There is no recipe for making an iron sword. Though it might have been an oversight, dungeoneering is the the current preferred method. Remember that two damaged enchanted swords can be combined to make an unenchanted one.

The 1.1.5 version of this pack is no longer being updated. Issues such as the rarity of infuscolium can be rectified with config changes listed here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/public-pack-blood-n-bones.31815/page-210#post-803720
(sigh) Where in the dungeon are iron swords most commonly found? I've never been good at fighting and would not like to spend more time in the dungeon than necessary.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
You can also disarm zombies and wither skeletons to get iron/wood/stone/gold swords (witchery Harry Potter spell).

Villagers sometimes sell iron gear as well, although I'm not sure about iron swords.

kakas12345

Jul 29, 2019
They removed it because the list was full with old packs that didnt made sense being kept listed. Not because they are moving to Curse.... BnB and a lot of older packs got removed from the list and are again only accessible trough code.
Ok but how do I find those codes? I want BNB 1.6,is there any way to play again?

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing BnB lately, and I'm in the nether looking for Shadow Iron. Do ores in the nether spawn within specific heights like the ones in the overworld do? If so, can anyone point me to chart that shows what is where?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Nether ores are all at 0-128, so it doesn't matter where you mine. Shadow Iron is hard to see though, because of its color.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Actually shortly after that post, I found shadow iron, lol. Now I'm looking for alduorite. That and nether diamond are the only two things I haven't found. I found a Metallurgy 3 spreadsheet that shows that some of them do have specific debths, though it might be for a different version, or it might be specific to a different mod pack. I figure I'll start mining around that depth just in case though, I mean It can't hurt.