Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Aivor

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz, hi, have question =) Do you plan add liiiiiitle more challenge to your pack ? Like GregTech ? =)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you put both Tinkers Construct and GT in a modpack, you computer melts down. They really don't like each other, last i heard :)

GrassHoppa

Jul 29, 2019
I think he did a great job making the recipes and tech stuff more challenging without GT. I just wish ME networks didn't require dragon essence :(.. I am terrible at keeping my items organized!

Aivor

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you put both Tinkers Construct and GT in a modpack, you computer melts down. They really don't like each other, last i heard :)
Well, atm we are plaing custom pack with GT and TK. All going rather smootly, exept GT dont like metals thet come from TK smeltery.
Count this as "era's" - TK era 1st then GT era =)

Aivor

Jul 29, 2019
I think he did a great job making the recipes and tech stuff more challenging without GT. I just wish ME networks didn't require dragon essence :(.. I am terrible at keeping my items organized!
yeah we had same problem =) and i'd suggest remove Big Reactors. =) Just really, it is tonns of RF with nearly zero cost.

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019

Last i heard, that issue was resolved. It was started when GregTech nerfed wood like in this pack already, only giving 2 planks, hoping to force people to use the sawmill. Then, mDiyo made it so that if you had TiC installed with GregTech, it would overwrite the wood nerf, so Greg retaliated by making the game crash if his wood nerf was overwritten. This issue was settled and a similar issue popped up and was resolved. My understanding is that they settled everything and both mods can be run alongside each other.

Dacryphile

Jul 29, 2019
Last i heard, that issue was resolved. It was started when GregTech nerfed wood like in this pack already, only giving 2 planks, hoping to force people to use the sawmill. Then, mDiyo made it so that if you had TiC installed with GregTech, it would overwrite the wood nerf, so Greg retaliated by making the game crash if his wood nerf was overwritten. This issue was settled and a similar issue popped up and was resolved. My understanding is that they settled everything and both mods can be run alongside each other.
The mods can be run alongside each other, but I believe part of the agreement was that none of the FTB packs would include both mods. Gregtech relies on a long progression to process some of the higher-end ores, and TiCo would skip all that if the ores could be smelted.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing how Eyamaz put up a picture of a server with two people on it back on the 1st and says the next month is going to be entertaining, I predict there will be some testing going on till Nov 10th at which point fallout 4 will be released. From there I expect to see sharp declines in productivity, with Eyamaz disappearing some time in December due to having a life. I expect to have him reappear some time in January to let us know he is still alive and has gone over the feed back from the testing over the holidays and is putting together changes to release "soon". In February we will be seeing teasers on a "finished product" and maybe might see some early streams pushing into march. There may be a public release in April assuming everything has gone smoothly up to this point. This is purely speculative and highly subject to change.
Your best bet at getting a chance to play in a timely manner is to donate $10 a monthly to Eyamaz on patreon which will give you access to his server and help him with finances and provide him encouragement to spend more time developing the pack.
That being said, I am a paying sponsor of Eyamaz, $1 for "[his] eternal gratitude [in giving him my] support!" and have had no communication with him..., period. I didn't even win one of his free T-shirts. sigh

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
T shirt give away hasn't been done yet (Closer to Halloween)

edit: The rest is pretty accurate though, minus the Fallout 4 part. It took me 4 months after GTAV came out before I had a chance to sit down and play it. I preordered it. I've played about 3 hours on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragon_fang101

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I haven't even filled out the form yet, but with only 18 other patreons chances look good assuming I do.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I haven't even filled out the form yet, but with only 18 other patreons chances look good assuming I do.

Not many have yet. I should make an announcement for that again, as stuff for server access is also in there.

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019
Has anything been said on whether BnB 2 is just a 1.7.10 version of the pack, or if it is going to be even more stupidly difficult than the 1.6.4 version? I cannot imagine anything harder even being possible on hardcore mode.

CrimsoN_Samurai

Jul 29, 2019
Has anything been said on whether BnB 2 is just a 1.7.10 version of the pack, or if it is going to be even more stupidly difficult than the 1.6.4 version? I cannot imagine anything harder even being possible on hardcore mode.
I don't think it would be called BnB 2.0 if it was just an upgrade to a 1.7 version ;) ;)
Also, it would take less time to convert it to 1.7
I think a lot of new things will be able to kill us :p

Reactions: Eyamaz

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot imagine anything harder even being possible on hardcore mode.
Its always possible. There are packs in 1.7.10 that are way harder but... are they balanced?

Hell no!

Some 'pack makers' (I dont think they deserve this title since they have no clue about balance and proper integration...) made packs they like to advertise as true hard packs where you will die in the first minutes if not even on the initial lag while your client is loading the world...

CrimsoN_Samurai

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of questions :p
Will the Invaders, Meteors and Bleeding make their return from 1.5?
Will the food behave the same as it did before (Hunger bars equal to food complexity) or will it be a bit more realistic (as in a steak wouldn't give just a single hunger bar)?

Taldrakkan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of what blocks enemies will/won't target and ruthlessly destroy? I'm trying to find a good balance between security, aesthetics, and durability for any waystations and the bases of my skytowers.

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of questions :p
Will the Invaders, Meteors and Bleeding make their return from 1.5?
Will the food behave the same as it did before (Hunger bars equal to food complexity) or will it be a bit more realistic (as in a steak wouldn't give just a single hunger bar)?
Both Hostile worlds (Invaders), Zombie Awarness (Bleeding) and Hunger Overhaul (hunger system and slower growth times) are updated to 1.7.10 and were a main part of the difficulty so I'm sure they will return. However, due to my own testing with the BnB Tweaks mod, It looks like some features in this mod are taking place of Cave Control. There no telling if this means moving away from all of Reika's mods (which includes MeteorCraft). I also found that one feature of BnB Tweaks doesn't work on Biomes O' Plenty trees so that is likely to be dropped.
Is there a list of what blocks enemies will/won't target and ruthlessly destroy? I'm trying to find a good balance between security, aesthetics, and durability for any waystations and the bases of my skytowers.
Also, anything that emits light will be griefed. Anything not listed and doesn't give off light is safe.

Last edited:

CrimsoN_Samurai

Jul 29, 2019
Warning, Long post ahead! :p
Trust me,
There is no place for aesthetics in Blood n Bones when it comes to base defences.
There is no overkill in defences.
There is no mob proof defence.
Trust me
What i have done for my base is:
I made 4 6 block tall walls around the base, 4 blocks thick consisting of (outer to inner layers) Dirt, Dirt, Cobble, Obsidian Bricks (not covered completely since i stopped playing thinking 1.7.10 would arrive soon :'( ). It has a dirt block overhang, and on that overhang there are those thorn/spiky plants and hanging on that overhangs are punji sticks. Around the outside of those walls there is a 3 block wide and 3 block deep canal filled with that black withery goo. Inside those walls, is my inner courtyard. Animal farms, a small sugar cane farm, jerky dying racks and a fishing station (next to a river, very bad) are there. And in the center of it all i have a skybase, which entrance is secured by a double trapdoor mechanism.
And mobs still find their ways in :/
Manticores and other flying mobs bombard me quite often.
A water creeper exploded next to my base and mobs climbed over it, i survived just barely :/
Zombies don't die because they stay in the river.
No base is perfect, trust me.

But regardless of that, i found a way to implement a sprinting mod in BnB :D
I copied all the stuff from the FTB directory associated with BnB (Config, Mods jibberjabber and so on) and copied it into my MC directory.
Installed Forge 1.6.4, added the better sprinting mod, set the java parameters as suggested in the FTB launcher BNB description and Me Gusta! :D
Still having some lag issues tho :/

Do you guys have any fixes for the lag? The framerate is fine, around 60fps, but i get the stutter every now and then.
I am playing with the faithful 32 texture from the ftb launcher, set the said parameters and allocated 4GB of ram to minecraft.
Tried disabling the texture pack, still stutter, tho a bit less frequent.
My pc specifications are
I3 3240 3.4GHz
12Gb DDR3 1600MHz (2x4gb HyperX Fury 1600mhz + 4gb 1600 regular kingston)
Asus Gtx 560 Ti DirectCu ii 1GB Gddr5.
Windows 8.1
I tried minimizing the graphics and turning dynamic lights off, but the stutter still happens often. Should i try squeezing Optifine into the modpack? Is it compatible?