Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations to Anesos on his dragon kill :D

For real though, when I go to the end I'm gonna make sure I have a ton of poppets on standby...maybe a vampiric poppet or two tied to an obsidian golem...or three.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations to Anesos on his dragon kill :D

For real though, when I go to the end I'm gonna make sure I have a ton of poppets on standby...maybe a vampiric poppet or two tied to an obsidian golem...or three.
Woot! Thanks man. Yeah, it was a harder fight than I expected. I probably should have prepared even a bit more, but it worked out. Just make sure you bring twice as many arrows as you think you need. heh. ;)

I was actually going to link it here since it's a pretty big milestone for me. Thanks for the reminder. :) (Fight starts about 10 minutes in)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Woot! Thanks man. Yeah, it was a harder fight than I expected. I probably should have prepared even a bit more, but it worked out. Just make sure you bring twice as many arrows as you think you need. heh. ;)

I was actually going to link it here since it's a pretty big milestone for me. Thanks for the reminder. :) (Fight starts about 10 minutes in)
Yes yes, good job Anesos. I just killed the dragon for the first time legit yesterday. Only flight I used was an air sigil though, so I was on the ground for most of the fight. :p Any real flight kinda breaks the boss, since half it's abilities don't even work....

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Yes yes, good job Anesos. I just killed the dragon for the first time legit yesterday. Only flight I used was an air sigil though, so I was on the ground for most of the fight. :p Any real flight kinda breaks the boss, since half it's abilities don't even work....
Ya know, it's not a real fight unless you tie one hand behind your back and only use a wooden stick though. I think we should both try again. lol...[DOUBLEPOST=1414620847][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you know what you are doing and go well prepared, its easy to kill the dragon in hardcore!

Hard is getting there!!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk
It's not just killing the vanilla dragon in hardcore mode. The Hardcore Ender Mod makes the dragon MUCH more difficult. But yes, preparation is good. :)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, it's not a real fight unless you tie one hand behind your back and only use a wooden stick though. I think we should both try again. lol...[DOUBLEPOST=1414620847][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not just killing the vanilla dragon in hardcore mode. The Hardcore Ender Mod makes the dragon MUCH more difficult. But yes, preparation is good. :)
Of course! We should go together :D!

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
hello... can i put my head in the Witchcraft Altar... i'm thinking set an autonomous activator with a cleaver and kill myself until get my head... is that posible? i know that sounds weird but want to boost a lot my altar

Last edited:

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
That wouldn't work. The altar is very specific about the heads that can boost it's strenght: only skelleton and wither skills work. And only one skull per altar, so a wither skull is the best for boosting.Also you'd have to defeat the dragon before you can build autonomous activators.

Speaking of the dragon: congratz Anesos. But now I can't watch your videos any more until I defeated him myself :( Don't wanna spoil me the surprise :)

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
tl;dr: The best strategy to enchant armor with an auto enchanter is to first enchant it level 30 and then a ton of automated level 1 enchants.

I was messing around with this in creative and I found that enchanting something multiple times takes exponentially more work for each enchantment.
Then I found that this doesn't apply for level 1, this always takes the same tiny amount of work, no matter how many enchants.
So I built a loop with item ducts that would enchant my chest plates over and over (I used amordine here). After about 2 buckets of mob essence they wouldn't get any new enchants but at that point they'd have Protection, Absorbtion, Unbreaking, Fire- and Blastprotection 3, Thorns 1, Projectile protection 4 (always exactly the same).
From this I conclude that the best strategy is to get a good level 30 enchant first while the price is still reasonable and hope for a good high level enchantment like Absorbtion 5. Then just keep going with level 1s until you can't get any more out of it.

Reactions: kaocrat

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this modpack for two months now and gotta say: It is AWESOME... but I ran into a big problem. I am currently in spirit world, trying to progress and I just CANT find any Adamantine. I have about 500 ingots (!!!) of every other fantasy metal, but I just cant find ANY of Adamantite. Anyone has any hints how to find it?

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing this modpack for two months now and gotta say: It is AWESOME... but I ran into a big problem. I am currently in spirit world, trying to progress and I just CANT find any Adamantine. I have about 500 ingots (!!!) of every other fantasy metal, but I just cant find ANY of Adamantite. Anyone has any hints how to find it?
It is a known issue -- there is a fix in this post: 1.1.5 Known Issues and Recommended Fixes.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is Redstone from witches turned off or is it the grinder preventig the drop? Took me quite some time to figure out how to move those spawners there :confused:

n7xb686y.png
So.... you used portaspawners or is there another way of doing it?

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Random Things block teleporters can do it intradimennsional (is that a word?). That's what I used at least. I'm not sure about Blood Magic Teleposers, but I guess those would work as well

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea why plants wont grow in a Redwood Forest? Its been like 4 Mc days and their at 0%.
They will grow, but just rather very slowly. You can expect a couples more days still. Each Biomes has the trait of certain vanilla biomes. And each crops gros in specific vanilla biome more than the rest. IN this case, the redwood forest i believe has it own "vanilla biome" trait (i could be wrong though.)

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Trees won't even grow. Is this their way of destroying sky bases?

Bone meal works, but nothing grows in the sky over time as far as I can see.

No one wants to continue playing due to the time we spent building in creative. We already played one round of bnb and killed the dragon, and wanted to play again but only in a bigger/ better pre made sky base. Redwood Forest is considered only a Forest on the BoP site, so there is no reason for plants not to grow un less plants not growing in the sky is a new thing.

I'm sure there is a configuration, but man I'm so done with configuring lol.