Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I talk about the config changes both to metallurgy and to Blood Magic in this video. I also posted the text in the description so you can copy and paste if you want to modify your own files.
No chance of retrogen Metallurgy ores in the dream world, correct?

I forgot about this(keep telling myself I needed to fix them but I had time until went to the dream world....) and now I generated like 2k x 2k blocks while searching for desert's and other required stuff... Seems I'm stuck with mining for hours or having to travel a lot to find it :(

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
No chance of retrogen Metallurgy ores in the dream world, correct?

I forgot about this(keep telling myself I needed to fix them but I had time until went to the dream world....) and now I generated like 2k x 2k blocks while searching for desert's and other required stuff... Seems I'm stuck with mining for hours or having to travel a lot to find it :(
You can delete dimension 9. Just make sure you have everything in your inventory or back in the overworld. Especially the enderchest or ender backpack in your inventory.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah.... doing some selective deleting in dimension 9...[DOUBLEPOST=1413764375][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok... Some MCEditing, prune all the chunks around my 'dream base' and its like new. :)

Also... is there any special trick to boost the picks? Since the high tiers require 2k+ of experience to boost even if its a brand new pick... There must be some way of quickly boost them or do I have to mine 2k of stone so I can mine a few blocks of ore right in front of me, make a new pick, and mine 2k of stone again to boost it...

Last edited:

TheQuixote

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah.... doing some selective deleting in dimension 9...[DOUBLEPOST=1413764375][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok... Some MCEditing, prune all the chunks around my 'dream base' and its like new. :)

Also... is there any special trick to boost the picks? Since the high tiers require 2k+ of experience to boost even if its a brand new pick... There must be some way of quickly boost them or do I have to mine 2k of stone so I can mine a few blocks of ore right in front of me, make a new pick, and mine 2k of stone again to boost it...
Boosting is just a lot of work but you can jump to the end level ores quickly using coal dust. At first you just have to get lucky and find a coal seam next to your target ore, but once you can get a silk touch pick in the dream world just place a coal block next to your target ore, a torch two blocks away from that, mine as far away as you can and run like hell.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Boosting is just a lot of work but you can jump to the end level ores quickly using coal dust. At first you just have to get lucky and find a coal seam next to your target ore, but once you can get a silk touch pick in the dream world just place a coal block next to your target ore, a torch two blocks away from that, mine as far away as you can and run like hell.
I think I have to point out that the only reason this exploit works, is because Creeper Collateral isn't working properly.

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm experiencing some kind of annoying lighting bug. A few chunks including my house have one or two faces which are ignoring light source blocks, unless its daytime, regardless of depth (by which I mean, my basement isn't exposed to sunlight but it gets lit like its light level 15 when its day).

It only started to occur after I died in the nether repeatedly while trying to retrieve my gear. I have no idea if this is a vanilla issue or it has to do with dynamic lighting or another mod. Anyone else experienced this in BnB?

Last edited:

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014

Netherrack is your best (legit) choice. Once your pick is fast enough it breaks instantly and you can level each pick in 1-2 hours tops. Take some fire res potions with you though, lava and hellfish will get to you

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Took some screens of the lighting bug.
4fwy77.jpg

6z0ao9.jpg

I loaded the world into MCedit to see if I could force it to recalculate the light, but it really didn't change anything.

BlazingTears07

Jul 29, 2019
Took some screens of the lighting bug.
4fwy77.jpg

6z0ao9.jpg

I loaded the world into MCedit to see if I could force it to recalculate the light, but it really didn't change anything.

I'm no expert by any means, but can you see if the lighting bug replicates using the default resource pack (vanilla). If it does then it's Blood n bones. If it doesn't, then your resource pack is at fault. Had that happen a long time ago with the Misa 64x64 pack combined with Optifine back in the day.

----------------------

Also, a great way I found to sort out food... Make a wheat farm, make a coal farm and trade with a giant farm of villagers. Pretty easy to make, and I get some brilliant trades (awesome food is only some of the awesome trades you get). Trade your materials, get emeralds, and go shopping :D Getting feasts has never been so easy :p

I went one step further.... my little contraption of a village breeder..... I have trapdoors set up inside, so at night, they go down a conveyor and fall into my smeltery, where I.... kill them for emerald blood... Genocide has never been so productive! :/

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure I tested if it was the resource pack or not first, and I think the bug was still happening with vanilla textures. Guess I'll check again...

edit: nope. still there. Guess I'll try exit/reloading the client while I have no texture pack selected and see if that does something.

fks4s6.jpg

edit2: god, it's so weird. I just broke all the torches in my basement and the level below that, hit F7 or whatever it is to see what the spawning situation is, and the Xs are yellow as if they're being effected by whether or not the sun is out even though there's no holes to the surface anywhere. Great. I might have to break and replace half the blocks on the ground level just to fool it into behaving.

Last edited:

BlazingTears07

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz Permission Request for Custom map I wish to create. (Info in the spoiler.)

Hi Eyamaz. I think it's mandatory to ask you permission for this. It's a bit of a read, but I need you to know what's involved. :)

Myself and a few other people willing to work with me want to make a custom CTM Map using your modpack Blood N Bones. I'm sure you're aware what a CTM map is so I'll launch into my idea. It'll be a fully decked out terrain of 1200x2000 block map, that is free-roaming with a story and sense of direction. It'll be your typical collect the wool monument with a possible second monument. I will still be sticking heavily to the essence this pack makes, with it's progression and difficulty.

In fact the difficulty will indeed be spiked. This map would feature a multitude of different dungeons, both on the enormous side and on the mini dungeon side. The terrain would not have naturally generated ores in the map, so players would have to brave infested abandoned mines to get any desirable ores they could get their pretty hands on. It will have custom towns in the map, where custom villagers would trade for various materials. I've considered the possibility of a monster hunter theme implemented into the villagers trades too, hunt this monster this many times for it's custom item to trade for various armours, etc.

Dungeons will be both on the surface and buried deep underground, roads and storyline will lead to all these various locations. Different areas I can think off my head right now are abandoned railway systems, glowing mushroom caverns, delving deep into a molten volcano, and crawling into the nether-like hell depths; the cracks of the earth spewing nothing but deathly horrors. Lets say my ideas aren't very limited.

A HUGE array of spawners will be used, with the help of MCEdit, I can create various new custom potent creatures, to instill fear into the most geared up player. Simple things like stacking mobs onto each other, to gearing up a mob with specific mob drops and mob gear, and enhancing, or crippling a mob with potion effects.

It will also run a script over the map to auto fill all empty chests with custom loot. In all areas, it will be balanced to stop "scene-breaking". This also includes giving metallurgy armours a damage value to stop players from smelting armour for a ingot headstart (example: giving iron armour in a loot chest and having it smelted down to iron ingots = bad.)

Lastly, the terrain has been hand painted using "World Painter" to create a lovely terrain, with custom trees, terrain, cliffs (with various rock shades) etc.

I have already begun work on this by myself, but will immediately halt if I'm not allowed to continue.

1) Am I allowed to use your mod pack Blood N Bones 1.6.4 version 1.1.5 for this Map? Full credit of course.
2) If yes, are there any requests, ideas, or restrictive rules you would like to add?
3) Would you like a lovely statue of you in the map anywhere? :p

Let me know your thoughts, and anyone else if you think this would be a good/bad idea. Thank you.
[DOUBLEPOST=1413795870][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm pretty sure I tested if it was the resource pack or not first, and I think the bug was still happening with vanilla textures. Guess I'll check again...

edit: nope. still there. Guess I'll try exit/reloading the client while I have no texture pack selected and see if that does something.

fks4s6.jpg

edit2: god, it's so weird. I just broke all the torches in my basement and the level below that, hit F7 or whatever it is to see what the spawning situation is, and the Xs are yellow as if they're being effected by whether or not the sun is out even though there's no holes to the surface anywhere. Great. I might have to break and replace half the blocks on the ground level just to fool it into behaving.

Haven't tested whether a roof of halfslabs would still generate the yellow X's underneath. That would be interesting :p Though the half slabs shouldn't be generating the lighting glitch (except for the empty half in the block space itself).

Sorry, but I don't know what's causing that glitch. Someone else will have to help now, sorry :p

fluffly

Jul 29, 2019
Could probably automate food with crafty turtles and overcome the stack limits with upgraded JABBA barrels. But that's not point. It's more of a question of, is this mod pack about survival or a mod about overcoming stack size limits? Once you have food production solved, If you want to put a lot of time into a Rube Goldberg food assembly contraption, that's great. Being forced into it is another story.

You can have my Rube Goldberg machine, it's on github ;-)

http://github.com/fluffle/deliabot

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz Permission Request for Custom map I wish to create. (Info in the spoiler.)

Hi Eyamaz. I think it's mandatory to ask you permission for this. It's a bit of a read, but I need you to know what's involved. :)

Myself and a few other people willing to work with me want to make a custom CTM Map using your modpack Blood N Bones. I'm sure you're aware what a CTM map is so I'll launch into my idea. It'll be a fully decked out terrain of 1200x2000 block map, that is free-roaming with a story and sense of direction. It'll be your typical collect the wool monument with a possible second monument. I will still be sticking heavily to the essence this pack makes, with it's progression and difficulty.

In fact the difficulty will indeed be spiked. This map would feature a multitude of different dungeons, both on the enormous side and on the mini dungeon side. The terrain would not have naturally generated ores in the map, so players would have to brave infested abandoned mines to get any desirable ores they could get their pretty hands on. It will have custom towns in the map, where custom villagers would trade for various materials. I've considered the possibility of a monster hunter theme implemented into the villagers trades too, hunt this monster this many times for it's custom item to trade for various armours, etc.

Dungeons will be both on the surface and buried deep underground, roads and storyline will lead to all these various locations. Different areas I can think off my head right now are abandoned railway systems, glowing mushroom caverns, delving deep into a molten volcano, and crawling into the nether-like hell depths; the cracks of the earth spewing nothing but deathly horrors. Lets say my ideas aren't very limited.

A HUGE array of spawners will be used, with the help of MCEdit, I can create various new custom potent creatures, to instill fear into the most geared up player. Simple things like stacking mobs onto each other, to gearing up a mob with specific mob drops and mob gear, and enhancing, or crippling a mob with potion effects.

It will also run a script over the map to auto fill all empty chests with custom loot. In all areas, it will be balanced to stop "scene-breaking". This also includes giving metallurgy armours a damage value to stop players from smelting armour for a ingot headstart (example: giving iron armour in a loot chest and having it smelted down to iron ingots = bad.)

Lastly, the terrain has been hand painted using "World Painter" to create a lovely terrain, with custom trees, terrain, cliffs (with various rock shades) etc.

I have already begun work on this by myself, but will immediately halt if I'm not allowed to continue.

1) Am I allowed to use your mod pack Blood N Bones 1.6.4 version 1.1.5 for this Map? Full credit of course.
2) If yes, are there any requests, ideas, or restrictive rules you would like to add?
3) Would you like a lovely statue of you in the map anywhere? :p

Let me know your thoughts, and anyone else if you think this would be a good/bad idea. Thank you.
This would be awesome!!!

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
question, how can i make the rain stop...

Something is weird with my dreamworld... don't stop raining... I get so tired of it that i try to cheat to turn it off but didnt work... load my backup before going to the nightmare world, do it everything again and after I get back to the dreamworld keeps raining...

Help plz

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
So there's nothing I can really do about having two chunks where light stops functioning properly it seems. I went into creative to build a dirt platform over the chunks where it's acting like areas are exposed to the sky even though they aren't, and it worked the first time, but then I died in the nether and the problem instantly reappeared. I built a platform again and, nope, problem still persisting. I think all I can do at this point is just tear down everything in those two chunks and rebuild it and see if light starts functioning like it should. Or completely abandon my base because its such an eyesore.

I'm honestly at a loss. It's so jarring. I have a feeling I might be able to fix it if I have a chunkloader like a poppet shelf in the same chunk as my bed/spawn point. That or I just never leave the overworld again.

Guess I'll just try and replace all the harvestcraft candles I have. I really have a ton, and I previously had glintweed growing everywhere. Maybe all the light sources were screwing with something.

Last edited:

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I was having a problem with my map, and maybe someone has had the same problem. I can only make worm paths
(instead of seeing the whole map like normal) and once I log they disappear and I have to start all over uncovering the map. My friends map shows a HUGE area, and mine use to as well, but now I'm getting little worm paths that reset every time I log off.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
question, how can i make the rain stop...

Something is weird with my dreamworld... don't stop raining... I get so tired of it that i try to cheat to turn it off but didnt work... load my backup before going to the nightmare world, do it everything again and after I get back to the dreamworld keeps raining...

Help plz

strange. The weather should have similar patterns to the OW.

So there's nothing I can really do about having two chunks where light stops functioning properly it seems. I went into creative to build a dirt platform over the chunks where it's acting like areas are exposed to the sky even though they aren't, and it worked the first time, but then I died in the nether and the problem instantly reappeared. I built a platform again and, nope, problem still persisting. I think all I can do at this point is just tear down everything in those two chunks and rebuild it and see if light starts functioning like it should. Or completely abandon my base because its such an eyesore.

I'm honestly at a loss. It's so jarring. I have a feeling I might be able to fix it if I have a chunkloader like a poppet shelf in the same chunk as my bed/spawn point. That or I just never leave the overworld again.

Guess I'll just try and replace all the harvestcraft candles I have. I really have a ton, and I previously had glintweed growing everywhere. Maybe all the light sources were screwing with something.

No idea why you would be having this particular issue unless its an LWJGL issue

I was having a problem with my map, and maybe someone has had the same problem. I can only make worm paths
(instead of seeing the whole map like normal) and once I log they disappear and I have to start all over uncovering the map. My friends map shows a HUGE area, and mine use to as well, but now I'm getting little worm paths that reset every time I log off.

Press U