Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Hi :)

Is there any info on how the red gas works? I'm trying to figure out how I died.

I heard it was explosive, so when I first encountered it I used lava to remotely detonate it. Then I hit another deposit, but this one wasn't exploding for some reason. I burned it with lava just in case. Then I saw some coal, and decided to mine it. Knocked down torches, apart from the one on my head. Mined one coal, boom. Maybe the coal dust reacts with the inert red gas?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi :)Then I saw some coal, and decided to mine it. Knocked down torches, apart from the one on my head. Mined one coal, boom. Maybe the coal dust reacts with the inert red gas?
The torch on your head is a possibility, other is the coal dust react with some remaining lava.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
The torch on your head is a possibility, other is the coal dust react with some remaining lava.

The lava was long gone, I went to do other things after collecting the source. I've been playing very carefully, letting things settle down before doing anything. Perhaps it's either the torch on my head, or I forgot a torch nearby (which is quite possible, even though it's not the 1st, or even the 1000th time I'm mining coal in this mod, duh).

I'm also curious why the red gas wasn't exploding.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
The lava was long gone, I went to do other things after collecting the source. I've been playing very carefully, letting things settle down before doing anything. Perhaps it's either the torch on my head, or I forgot a torch nearby (which is quite possible, even though it's not the 1st, or even the 1000th time I'm mining coal in this mod, duh).

I'm also curious why the red gas wasn't exploding.
There are two different types of reddish gas. The explosive one is actually called "red gas" and the other is "nitrous gas". Nitrous doesn't do much unless you pour water over it, and then it releases another gas that floats up like the green stuff, but this one will hurt you. I've never tried mining coal next to it though, so no idea how it reacts to that.

Definitely wasn't the torch on your head though, that won't react with stuff in the world.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I have another gas-related story that should make you happy.

I had just finished carving a big underground base, chiseled stone and everything, huge kitchen with six crafting tables, and was about to place the smeltery bottom. Just had to mine out a couple zinc ores from the layer under that. Up comes green gas, I'm falling down into the hole full of burning jet fuel, cinders spawning all around me.

I survived. I managed to wall myself off with dirt, and gulped all the healing food I had on me to combat the fire damage. So I stood there with half a heart, surrounded by walls of stone and dirt. Unable to dig myself out thanks to all the dying debuffs, thinking about the pretty base I was about to lose.

Reactions: Blargerist

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
hey... is possible growth moss? I found a good amount... but a need way more to make ball of moss (81 if I'm not wrong)... so i can get repair early on...

there is a way to get secure sapling from leaves I just get two from a fruit tree (jungle sapling) but growth one into tree and don't get any so just have one left and haven't found jungle biome yet (i been exploring a lot)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
hey... is possible growth moss? I found a good amount... but a need way more to make ball of moss (81 if I'm not wrong)... so i can get repair early on...

there is a way to get secure sapling from leaves I just get two from a fruit tree (jungle sapling) but growth one into tree and don't get any so just have one left and haven't found jungle biome yet (i been exploring a lot)
If you find cobblestone dungeons, you will also find mossy stone. 9 makes a ball of moss.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

No way to grow mossy stone early on, but you only need 9 for a ball of moss. I believe one of the TE machines (or was it MFR) can do it once you hit that point, but I've never bothered so I can't remember which one off the top of my head.

And nope to the second question. It's pretty rare that you don't get any, and in fact you usually get more than one. I'd suggest growing the second tree and hope you get 2 off it and then keep doing that until you have a few extra. That'll work 99.9% of the time. (seriously. I think it's less than a 1% chance that you don't get any saplings off a tree... although probably a little higher on jungle than oak or birch)[DOUBLEPOST=1411517867][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you find cobblestone dungeons, you will also find mossy stone. 9 makes a ball of moss.

There shouldn't be any cobblestone dungeons beginning with 1.1.4. There should still be rooms inside the dungeons that give you mossy stone though (probably where xcuad got some already).

Reactions: xcuad

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Nope...

In 1.1.3 I only found obsidian ones but in a 1.1.5 new world I found cobble dungeon towers!

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Nope...

In 1.1.3 I only found obsidian ones but in a 1.1.5 new world I found cobble dungeon towers!

You sure it was cobble and not stone brick? And that the world was generated in 1.1.5? I was sure that wasn't possible (and I just double checked the configs again...)

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.2 had obsidian towers made of MFR obsidian blocks (not real obsidian)
1.1.3 had obsidian towers made completely of real obsidian.
1.1.4/5 has a few different types of towers, but you won't find much mossy anything or real obsidian in them.

2.x is planned to have new and super cool towers with diamond blocks and jetpacks! (or something like that I heard...)

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Doesn't moss grow on trees and grass blocks in forests? I found some but never lived long enough to use them.

W

WillThGreat

Episode 9 uploaded today. I really don't have much to say about this one, other than the fact that it's long. Oh, and Damascus Steel.

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
why do i loose the reinforced when try to upgrade the pickaxe... do the item need to lvl up from 0

xcmZido.png

GHRFori.png

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
why do i loose the reinforced when try to upgrade the pickaxe... do the item need to lvl up from 0

xcmZido.png

GHRFori.png
Ignore what the table says... Its kinda bugged.

The valid result is show on the tool tooltip when you hover the mouse over the tool on the result slot

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

xcmZido.png

GHRFori.png
Which metal are you replacing? If it's iron, that is what gave you the reinforced, and why it goes away when switching to something else.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Which metal are you replacing? If it's iron, that is what gave you the reinforced, and why it goes away when switching to something else.
This is also another explanation! But never trust the table on the right side with the info!

I had a lumberaxe with reinforce III and when I was adding a obsidian head, the table said the result was Reinforced I but the tooltip on the output tool said reinforced IV, which was correct.