Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
And it means you could remine the area right there over and over again. The dream world is very specifically supposed to be a "reflection" of the overworld. I mean that's the whole point of the portal you can make in the dream world...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
And it means you could remine the area right there over and over again. The dream world is very specifically supposed to be a "reflection" of the overworld. I mean that's the whole point of the portal you can make in the dream world...
Yeah the regeneration idea would be a pretty extreme change to the idea behind the mod and with a bunch of pre made tunnels in your protected chunk you could do allot of branch minning during the duration of a dream.

The regeneration idea could also make it next to impossible to attain the enderchest.

Last edited:

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
How do you guys go about server play, I tried to jump on one but I found it very unsatisfying that I could just log out for the night.

Also @Eyamaz Is there any chance of Opencomputers being put in this pack over CC?

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
How do you guys go about server play, I tried to jump on one but I found it very unsatisfying that I could just log out for the night.

Also @Eyamaz Is there any chance of Opencomputers being put in this pack over CC?
That is simply a reality of minecraft. Cheating is possible, and not satisfying.

W

WillThGreat

Episode 2 of my Blood N' Bones series published today. Check it out if you're interested!

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 2 of my Blood N' Bones series published today. Check it out if you're interested!

You felt slow because you were walking on sand. :p Clay spawns under naturally spawning lakes and rivers. You'll need to make a stone crusher to double ores when you finish your smeltery.

Adarcer

Jul 29, 2019
@Radid glanced thro your error log and your memory is overburdened i would suggest these settings
Min memory= 1024 ,Max memory = 4096 ,Permgen =256
and these arguments taken from first post
-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation

hopefully you have at least 6-8 GB of ram cause you don't want to starve your OS either

Last edited:

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try disabling Glenn's Gases?
I went and looked at your crash report and it matches mine from before I disabled my Glenn's Gases when trying to figure it out myself.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 8/16/14 2:07 AM
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73156_b(ChunkProviderServer.java:328)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:181)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

I had tried to do an OPIS logging but that crashed my game so thoroughly that I don't have automatic record of that crash, but what I did see clued me into Glenn's.

So definitely try disabling Glenn's.

IMarv

P.S. I wish the Applied Energistics stuff were not end-game. The food situation demands an ME system all on its own just to automate food preparation.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

That is simply a reality of minecraft. Cheating is possible, and not satisfying.

OpenComputers relies on a native lib last I checked, but idk. I have to play with it a bit. To see where it is, I honestly haven't touched it since the start of 1.6.

On another note, the log off issue can be stopped with a bukkit plugin so that will be seen to in 1.7.

Oh, did I mention I will be using Cauldron servers for BnB in 1.7 (or at least looking at doing) with preconfigured pluggins?

Yeah, that's a thing I guess.

P.S. I wish the Applied Energistics stuff were not end-game. The food situation demands an ME system all on its own just to automate food preparation.

-insert back in my day speech here-

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
-insert back in my day speech here-
*chuckles* youngsters and their nigh unlimited storage. I remember a day when the most items you could possibly store in one block was 1728.... and don't even get me started on auto-crafting... lol

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy prepping food. Yeah its tideous but I'm the server chef so once I learned the basic recipes it was easy to make most things. it's my new favorite mod to be honest. I'd love more foods lol

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy prepping food. Yeah its tideous but I'm the server chef so once I learned the basic recipes it was easy to make most things. it's my new favorite mod to be honest. I'd love more foods lol
I'm the same way, as someone who likes to cook.... and well.... eat IRL the idea of living indefinetly on nothing but say steaks or carrots has never been very appealing. Pam's, SOL,HOL add and encourage far more variety.

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
OpenComputers relies on a native lib last I checked, but idk. I have to play with it a bit. To see where it is, I honestly haven't touched it since the start of 1.6.

On another note, the log off issue can be stopped with a bukkit plugin so that will be seen to in 1.7.

Oh, did I mention I will be using Cauldron servers for BnB in 1.7 (or at least looking at doing) with preconfigured pluggins?

The native lib is now included in the mod itself, It does not work on more oldschool/unique OS systems, But then it goes to a LuaJ fallback

Did I mention I love you, I kind of asked that question not really excepting an answer more me venting...and I get told of an incoming fix /drool server play here I come

Also I am very uneducated about servers, Does that mean all BnB servers will have aforementioned plugins by default, or just your personal servers?

Last edited:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, that's a thing I guess.
You? Cauldron? Since when is that on your list of things you're good at?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The native lib is now included in the mod itself, It does not work on more oldschool/unique OS system, But the it goes to a LuaJ fallback

Did I mention I love you, I kind of asked that question not really excepting an answer more me venting...and I get told of an incoming fix /drool server play here I come

Also I am very uneducated on this change, Does that mean ALL BnB servers will have aforementioned plugins by default, or just your personal servers?

I try to answer people if I can, politely. Unless someone is telling me what to do, then I'm not so polite. :p

I will be looking in BnB 2.x.x + in shipping Cauldron as the native server jar instead of forge server jar I normally make for FTB. This will allow me to tweak some server issues, provided better server support, and pre tweak things for 1click installs like CreeperHost provides.

BnB is designed, by nature, as an ssp challenge, not smp. Moving into mc1.7, I'm looking at redefining some things specifically for smp and can utilize bukkit plugins to do some of these things.

One example is the log off issue. I can utilize a bukkit plugin to set a live timer when a player logs out to keep their character loaded for a period of time after log out. Setting this timer to 5minutes effectively means the player spends half the night logged in and can't avoid death as easy. (This was used when Sevadus ran the BnB HC week event at the launch of the 1.1.x branch.)

Of course, bigger servers, like forsaken, may or may not retweak or add plugins based on the specific type of server being run. Anarchy servers, Faction servers, etc. all require the use of different plugins to make them happen.