Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
So in 1.1.3 i use the brew of sleeping and i get the downloading terrain screen but i just reappear in the over world with my normal inventory
Hmm, not good. I was going to mix that up for the first time and try it tonite. We'll see what happens.

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the Spirit World stage, just managed to create my pair of enderchests.
The only problem I found so far is needing Bonemeal to make Mutandis. I used White Stained Saplings as suggested, but there's a better way:
Mutandis is one of the few items you can take with you to the Spirit World. So just make a bunch before going, then drink up and take it with you.
To make an enderchest in the Overworld, you can bring back the Brew of Flowing Spirit, so it's all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Booyadude

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I'm doing a 1.1.4, but I'm moving a few more things from the 1.2 branch backwards and pushing the major rebalance into MC1.7.10 (BnB 2.0.0).

However, I'm working on the oreGen for the 1.7.10 packs right now. That's going to take me most of the weekend with the new things I am doing.

Ooooo... B&B 2.0.0... Should I even bother asking if you have any idea when this might be available? I ask because I too am looking to start a server w a friend or two. And just wondering if I should wait. And don't get me wrong, I understand that you put a lot of time and effort into this (and other packs), and it shows w how awesome the pack is. Not to mention that you also need to have a life aside from this, lol. I was just curious if you had any kinda rough idea on an eta.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooo... B&B 2.0.0... Should I even bother asking if you have any idea when this might be available? I ask because I too am looking to start a server w a friend or two. And just wondering if I should wait. And don't get me wrong, I understand that you put a lot of time and effort into this (and other packs), and it shows w how awesome the pack is. Not to mention that you also need to have a life aside from this, lol. I was just curious if you had any kinda rough idea on an eta.

From what he's said, 2.0 is a ways off. I'd just start a server and have fun. By the time you get to 2.0, you might be ready to start over again.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I'm doing a 1.1.4, but I'm moving a few more things from the 1.2 branch backwards and pushing the major rebalance into MC1.7.10 (BnB 2.0.0).

However, I'm working on the oreGen for the 1.7.10 packs right now. That's going to take me most of the weekend with the new things I am doing.

Thanks for the update! Sad to hear it'll be a while for a BnB update, but I am totally looking forward to some 1.7.10 packs. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to some 1.7.10 goodness.

What are the things you think are broken? Just curious. Broken as in 'can't progress' or broken as in 'this makes it too easy' ?

Looks like a lot of my concerns were addressed in 1.1.3, I probably should have read changelogs first!
What about lack of mobs in the spirit world? This probably falls in the 'this makes it too easy' category and not really broken.
Also, I'm worried about server crashes when traveling to/from the nether. I guess this isn't really a BnB problem though, so can't expect eyamaz to fix this. =D

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
So it sounds like the nether crash happenso when the nether unloads. So as a work around, couldn't you place an admin chunk loader (can't remember what they're called), or any chunk loader for that matter, to keep 1 chunk loaded in the nether? I can't imagine that the performance impact is gonna be much of anything.

Deo504

Jul 29, 2019
so after multiple relogs multiple different locations and about 12 tries i finally managed to stay in the spirit world until the nightmare killed me

Neko77025

Jul 29, 2019
Ok .. so I want to do A few witchery spells (circle magic) ... but requires vanilla tools that cant be made. How do we get around this ?

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
so after multiple relogs multiple different locations and about 12 tries i finally managed to stay in the spirit world until the nightmare killed me
visitting dream world results in nightmare 100% of time at first
you can run from it and you have to gather disturbed cotton plants and then craft dreamcatcher of nightmares which makes it 50% to be a dream instead

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Just made my first set of Ender chests from over world to dream world on my server with a few friends and had a question. Is it intended that you can only see the inventory that you place in it? Ex: player A puts in blocks of stone but Player B on other side cannot pull them out. It seemed to us that one could only pull things they put in making transferring excessive.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Just made my first set of Ender chests from over world to dream world on my server with a few friends and had a question. Is it intended that you can only see the inventory that you place in it? Ex: player A puts in blocks of stone but Player B on other side cannot pull them out. It seemed to us that one could only pull things they put in making transferring excessive.

This is the nature of Vanilla ender chests.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get a pick that can mine ardite?

About the best you can get pre-nether is boosted steel pick. After that, take a look at the various nether ores that you can mine. Look in NEI at what that pick can mine, boost it, move on.

Deo504

Jul 29, 2019
visitting dream world results in nightmare 100% of time at first
you can run from it and you have to gather disturbed cotton plants and then craft dreamcatcher of nightmares which makes it 50% to be a dream instead
oh i was actually glad when i saw the nightmare the main issue was getting the spirit world to load properly and not basically boot me back to the overworld before the loading terrain screen was gone

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, got to to the spirit world. But I can't see anything due to darkness. Is there any way to light things up? Used to be needles gave off light and you could see a few blocks ahead to see cotton.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
If it is dark, it's because you're having a nightmare. When you enter the spirit world you have either a nightmare or a pleasant dream, and only the dreams have light and daytime. You could get a torch, but it's best to just enter the spirit world until you get a dream.

You can enhance the chances of having a dream by making a Dream Catcher of Nightmares and placing flowing spirit and wispy cotton near your bed.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
If it is dark, it's because you're having a nightmare. When you enter the spirit world you have either a nightmare or a pleasant dream, and only the dreams have light and daytime. You could get a torch, but it's best to just enter the spirit world until you get a dream.

You can enhance the chances of having a dream by making a Dream Catcher of Nightmares and placing flowing spirit and wispy cotton near your bed.

Yes. Know all of this.
Previously, holding one of the witchery needles acted as a lightsource as you ran around chased by the nightmare looking for cotton. It got changed a while back, but i thought that it was going to be fixed. When i say 'Dark', i mean, black screen and i can only see what's in front of me by reading the top of the screen. And it's a tad hard to stay away from the nightmare, and find cotton without any visual clues.

Cotton only spawns in certain biomes, and isn't so plentiful that stubling into it won't take an ungodly amount of potions and luck. What are people doing to work around this?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what blocks that is in the grief lists of the latest version of BnB?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what blocks that is in the grief lists of the latest version of BnB?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Most everything is griefable. It's more of a question of what is not :) Obsidian, stone bricks, sandstone, logs, and other naturally occuring blocks don't get griefed. Most anything else does. Items that only vary in texture are also different. For fun, take obsidian and chisel it. Zombies will try to break the chiseled block if you leave it sitting out, taking forever and then burning up in the sun :)