Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Are Golems immune to poison? Could you take some pumpkins and cobble into the nether, build cobble Golems. Shove them through the portal, they just may distract the spiders enough to give you a fighting chance.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ha! yes, chunk is loaded, it's the Tower Eyamaz uses for a base :) Definitely loaded. The portal is down 40 levels and out a bit into the ocean.

I also wonder if a spark turned random obsidian doorway into a portal. I went into the dungeon with the portal a dozen times, trying to kill spiders and wall off the portal so I could destroy it. Sadly, spiders are constantly spawning and dropping. Even armor isn't going to help when you have 4 of the suckers attacking and poisoning you. I'm limited in metals for armor, and of course, boosted damascus steel picks.

I may just go down to level 31 at my base, and tunnel under the ocean to that bit of the dungeon, try to work around it until i can isolate the spot with the portal and break it. Need to mine at that level anyway, might as well do a freeway to the dungeon.
I must also ask, how evil mr eyamaz actually is.... :-} I have played on servers where it would not be unusual for certain players to engineer portal traps.

I'm not sure how antagonistic your server tends to be. That said if building a trully evil portal trap you never would have gotten out of the portal.

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, right after I get done starting drama for stating my opinion that I don't like pulling mods from Jenkins. I swear, some people are just looking for a witch hunt all day long. :(

No. It's a bug with the damage multiplier for use. I think I can fix this.

Also, please don't quote random things from months ago. Iguana is not even the current maintainer of the mod.

Enviromine was in the early 1.6 alpha builds.

I apologize, I was trying to quote the whole post about the issue and must have done so incorrectly. I was just trying to see if it was still an issue or had just been fixed as a part of the pack that mattocks break and it made farming more interesting or too bad kind of thing. Definitely did not mean to make it sound demanding of a fix. :/

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Are Golems immune to poison? Could you take some pumpkins and cobble into the nether, build cobble Golems. Shove them through the portal, they just may distract the spiders enough to give you a fighting chance.
Nice idea actually
After quite a few more suicides trying to kill the horde of spiders in the nether, (24 flint and crystal hatchets for sale, barely used each!) I got into the room on the overworld side of the portal, found the spawners, and managed to take two out that were nearby. Portal partially blocked off now with stone.

Sadly, it turns out it's a tower near Eyamaz and my bases, not actually his. So I can't sue him for the many dozen deaths that technically happened on his property :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406053251][/DOUBLEPOST]
I must also ask, how evil mr eyamaz actually is.... :-} I have played on servers where it would not be unusual for certain players to engineer portal traps.

I'm not sure how antagonistic your server tends to be. That said if building a trully evil portal trap you never would have gotten out of the portal.
Naw, he isn't evil on the server.

In my family, my brothers and uncles counted up "evil points" we earned pulling stuff on each other. So calling him The Evil One is a sign of respect and affection. We like evil, evil is more fun.

Reactions: Eyamaz

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Nice idea actually
After quite a few more suicides trying to kill the horde of spiders in the nether, (24 flint and crystal hatchets for sale, barely used each!) I got into the room on the overworld side of the portal, found the spawners, and managed to take two out that were nearby. Portal partially blocked off now with stone.

Sadly, it turns out it's a tower near Eyamaz and my bases, not actually his. So I can't sue him for the many dozen deaths that technically happened on his property :)[DOUBLEPOST=1406053251][/DOUBLEPOST]
Naw, he isn't evil on the server.

In my family, my brothers and uncles counted up "evil points" we earned pulling stuff on each other. So calling him The Evil One is a sign of respect and affection. We like evil, evil is more fun.
I got the impression you two where friendlier than that, but then I've played anarchy servers so..... I had to ask.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of simple questions.

First off, is gas worth actually trying to collect? So far I've just been igniting it to get it out of my way. I mean from when I can tell, it's main use would be for a gas furnace or gas lanterns. If I use the smeltery most of the time, no need for the furnace, and I can equip a torch just as easily as a lantern and it doesn't run out. Any uses I'm missing?

Second, when it comes to Hunger Overhaul, is the growth of plants biome specific by name (forest is very specifically only a forest biome), by general type (forest includes ender forest, jungle, and rain forest), or by climate (such as the bees from forestry)? I have a nice little base going on in a grasslands biome, but was wondering if I should look at moving so that my plants will grow better.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
BOP biomes have at least one and sometimes several tags corresponding to the original vanilla biomes. So Savanah might be desert and plain, etc. Grasslands should be good for most things.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
A bit more on that answer... There is a biome dictionary that's part of Forge which is what Mikhaila was referring to. There's a post way back many pages ago with a link to the source file that sets up the biomes. Here's the post for reference:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/public-pack-blood-n-bones.31815/page-45#post-621713

And here's the specific line for grassland:
BiomeDictionary.registerBiomeType(BOPBiomeHelper.get("grassland"), Type.PLAINS, Type.SWAMP, Type.HILLS);

So grassland should return plains, swamp, and hills to any mod that checks for the biome, which is cool since Plains is good for most crops, and Jungle/Swamp is good for most other crops. Seems like grassland should cover pretty much all of them!

Reactions: Blood&Scott&Bones

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
A bit more on that answer... There is a biome dictionary that's part of Forge which is what Mikhaila was referring to. There's a post way back many pages ago with a link to the source file that sets up the biomes. Here's the post for reference:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/public-pack-blood-n-bones.31815/page-45#post-621713

And here's the specific line for grassland:
BiomeDictionary.registerBiomeType(BOPBiomeHelper.get("grassland"), Type.PLAINS, Type.SWAMP, Type.HILLS);

So grassland should return plains, swamp, and hills to any mod that checks for the biome, which is cool since Plains is good for most crops, and Jungle/Swamp is good for most other crops. Seems like grassland should cover pretty much all of them!
I need to find some grassland..... I like having a bit of desert nearby but there are numerous crops that beat out cactus any day of the week

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I like having desert near by too, but mostly for all the sand. As luck would have it, my grasslands is next to a desert. And in this case, I'm using it for the quicksand as well... made a moat of the stuff around my base to kill mobs as they try and get near :-D

Butterknight123

Jul 29, 2019
I find floating bases too easy to make, access, and defend. To get in and out, you just make a two block gap between the base and the side of a mountain. In the two block gap, put two retracted trapdoor. Mobs fall to their deaths and you just jump or flip the doors.

I personally thought of two ways to fix this:

1: More flying mobs. This is kinda meh(in my opinion) because they still likely can't penetrate the base.

2: Block physics. Blocks require support and strength of blocks determines strength required, explosions fling blocks everywhere, (Making those darned redgas and creeper booms even more destructive and deadly), Dirt, gravel, and sand slide all over the place, falling blocks and moving block entities deal damage on collision based on velocity, terrain damage caused by high velocity projectiles.
There is one issue: The catapults/cannons. Even though they require a pretty significant amount of gold and quite a lot of Redstone(plus dispenser and piston), they can produce quite large explosion like effects just by flingin a block of cobble. Nothing else required after setup.

Block physics mod here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1283267-blockphysics-mod

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how to get stuff into spirit world in 1.1.3? In 1.1.3 recipe for enderchests has changed and we need to create brew of flowing spirit to craft it. Also there will be no ender chest in overworld until other item transportation is enabled (because player must bring back brew earlier). How to get bonemeal in spirit world for mutandis?

Nitrate

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how to get stuff into spirit world in 1.1.3? In 1.1.3 recipe for enderchests has changed and we need to create brew of flowing spirit to craft it. Also there will be no ender chest in overworld until other item transportation is enabled (because player must bring back brew earlier). How to get bonemeal in spirit world for mutandis?

For the first half of your question, the brews of flowing spirit in your inventory stay in your inventory when you leave the spirit world.
For the second half...I must say I'm stumped...

I'm glad we got to the spirit world before this change was made :)

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
For the first half of your question, the brews of flowing spirit in your inventory stay in your inventory when you leave the spirit world.
For the second half...I must say I'm stumped...

I'm glad we got to the spirit world before this change was made :)

Thnx for quick response. So now only i need to get bonemeal somehow. I found 2 mutandis in village chest but it will not do the work :/

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also having frequent crashes when going from/to the nether. A workaround I've found is when I want to go to/from the nether, I save and quit and relog, it seems to crash less. Loving the pack! Thanks Eyamaz!

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Also. there seems to either be a bug with beds or it was intended but everytime that someone trys to set a spawn point with a bed they now respawn in the world spawn. that really sucks because on the server im on i am about 2000 blocks away from spawn. can anyone let me know about the exp issue i posted above this one and this one?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Also. there seems to either be a bug with beds or it was intended but everytime that someone trys to set a spawn point with a bed they now respawn in the world spawn. that really sucks because on the server im on i am about 2000 blocks away from spawn. can anyone let me know about the exp issue i posted above this one and this one?

Sounds like a bug caused by something loaded on the server. It's not a change to bnb. The pledge server is a new world, no plugins, and beds work like normal in bnb, setting your respawn point.[DOUBLEPOST=1406135643][/DOUBLEPOST]
When using jelly in food crafting, it gives a glass bottle that was never required to make the jelly.
Odd, but harmless. That bug in the recipe has been around for a while.