Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
So glad to read about fixing the insane regen and some of the gases.

I just gave up on my single player world. Had a harpy kill me, and used up my spare set of armor and weapons trying to kill it and get back my best pick, and used way too many resources before giving up. It just kept springing back to 20 health between hits. No materials, no tools. Just enough metal for a pick and some armor, last of the food and torches. Time to mine. Was trying to be careful about gases, but just putting in stairs down hit a pocket and caused fire all up my stairs, and there went my last set of gear. At this point, i'm not sure how, but my little fortress filled with zombies standing around my bed when i respawned....

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, this modpack is rock solid, I love it! After around 10 hours of play and countless Hardcore deaths I've yet to obtain Copper tools!

Some constructive criticism:
I've had some issues with the horde not leaving at sunrise. It appears to me that the Shaman mobs from Special mobs are keeping the horde alive during the day which makes it REALLY hard to leave my bolthole at day 2. I often end up having to dig a secondary entrance just to escape the horde sitting outside my only exit. Shamans also seem immune to sunlight, as are a bunch of other mob types and that perhaps makes it unfairly difficult at the start. Baby zombies come to mind too.

I've also had invasions at night 1 which is literally impossible to survive thanks to the miner zombies.

Unfortunately the TPS lag is holding the modpack back, hopefully you find a fix for that. I seem to lag extra hard around villages and those tower dungeons.

Keep up the good work! :)

Firespark81

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe, but I'm doing pretty well in my current world. Figured out how to keep mobs out of my base even through an invasion. Now I just need to figure out how to not die constantly when not in my base and all will be good. I think I have also found a way to mine and keep the mobs at bay as well. Although it is rather boring and hard on tool durability. :D

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So glad to read about fixing the insane regen and some of the gases.

I just gave up on my single player world. Had a harpy kill me, and used up my spare set of armor and weapons trying to kill it and get back my best pick, and used way too many resources before giving up. It just kept springing back to 20 health between hits. No materials, no tools. Just enough metal for a pick and some armor, last of the food and torches. Time to mine. Was trying to be careful about gases, but just putting in stairs down hit a pocket and caused fire all up my stairs, and there went my last set of gear. At this point, i'm not sure how, but my little fortress filled with zombies standing around my bed when i respawned....
Oh man, this modpack is rock solid, I love it! After around 10 hours of play and countless Hardcore deaths I've yet to obtain Copper tools!

Some constructive criticism:
I've had some issues with the horde not leaving at sunrise. It appears to me that the Shaman mobs from Special mobs are keeping the horde alive during the day which makes it REALLY hard to leave my bolthole at day 2. I often end up having to dig a secondary entrance just to escape the horde sitting outside my only exit. Shamans also seem immune to sunlight, as are a bunch of other mob types and that perhaps makes it unfairly difficult at the start. Baby zombies come to mind too.

I've also had invasions at night 1 which is literally impossible to survive thanks to the miner zombies.

Unfortunately the TPS lag is holding the modpack back, hopefully you find a fix for that. I seem to lag extra hard around villages and those tower dungeons.

Keep up the good work! :)

Hopefully, this is fixed with 1.0.2. There are still some bad lag moments, but profiling over the last week is attributing this to JIT atm. This is also why the gas crash happens. I've even tried force compiling everything, but this ends up causing other strange issues since I can't precompile (compilation happens when a method is called.)

can we update and keep our current world or is it recommended to start a new one?

It will mess with magical crops, but that should be it.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
One other thing I've noticed is that Mattocks don't use 4x their durability when used as a hoe, which is supposed to happen according to Iguana Tweaks. Is this intentional?

Also, my mattock just broke completely when tilling grass for seeds. I don't think that's meant to happen either :(

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
One other thing I've noticed is that Mattocks don't use 4x their durability when used as a hoe, which is supposed to happen according to Iguana Tweaks. Is this intentional?

Also, my mattock just broke completely when tilling grass for seeds. I don't think that's meant to happen either :(

I'll bring this up to iguana. He's MIA atm.

Wandenbaum

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to try this pack, but it seems one of the mods have hijacked my inventory key and I can't seem to find a way to rebind the mod that has overidden it. The key is Numpad minus.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
After making it through a Magic Farm 2 let's play, I was trying to figure out what to do next and this pack looks perfect! I've been playing around a little in 1.0.1 trying to learn the ropes and was ready to dive right into recording on 1.0.2. Couple of questions though...

First, what's causing the torches to go out and why do they sound like a door breaking when the fail? It seems so random to me. I was thinking it was Glenn's Gasses, but I'm not really sure from reading that page. I don't think my 5x5 little hidey hole is suddenly getting gasses that explode or anything like that...

[Edit: I see your note about BoP food generation in the first post now, so ignore this part:
I see Biomes O Plenty is disabled by default in 1.0.2, but the config is set to enhance the default world. Is there a problem with enabling it right now? Or just set as disabled for those who really want a default world?]

Also on BoP, I see a LOT of biomes are enabled. I did a game like that before and ended up with 1000x1000 blocks of dead swamp, bog, fen, dad forest, and every other horrible place. I'd suggest switching off some of the "bad" biomes, but just a suggestion.

Finally, I see no Zan's minimap in this pack. That's always been my favorite minimap and Mapwriter rocks for a big scrollable map so I usually use both actually. Any thoughts on adding Zan's?

Thanks again for making a tweaking the heck out of such a cool (and terrifying) pack! Should be a lot of fun for my next let's play series. :)

Last edited:

Blu76

Jul 29, 2019
A question about the fruit tree's from Pam's. Do they fruit more than once or should I pick the fruit then cut down the tree? I've had them fruit once and never seen more again. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
A question about the fruit tree's from Pam's. Do they fruit more than once or should I pick the fruit then cut down the tree? I've had them fruit once and never seen more again. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug.
Wait for them to ripen and pick with a right click. If you break the fruit by holding down left click, it wont grow back.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
After making it through a Magic Farm 2 let's play, I was trying to figure out what to do next and this pack looks perfect! I've been playing around a little in 1.0.1 trying to learn the ropes and was ready to dive right into recording on 1.0.2. Couple of questions though...

First, what's causing the torches to go out and why do they sound like a door breaking when the fail? It seems so random to me. I was thinking it was Glenn's Gasses, but I'm not really sure from reading that page. I don't think my 5x5 little hidey hole is suddenly getting gasses that explode or anything like that...

[Edit: I see your note about BoP food generation in the first post now, so ignore this part:
I see Biomes O Plenty is disabled by default in 1.0.2, but the config is set to enhance the default world. Is there a problem with enabling it right now? Or just set as disabled for those who really want a default world?]

Also on BoP, I see a LOT of biomes are enabled. I did a game like that before and ended up with 1000x1000 blocks of dead swamp, bog, fen, dad forest, and every other horrible place. I'd suggest switching off some of the "bad" biomes, but just a suggestion.

Finally, I see no Zan's minimap in this pack. That's always been my favorite minimap and Mapwriter rocks for a big scrollable map so I usually use both actually. Any thoughts on adding Zan's?

Thanks again for making a tweaking the heck out of such a cool (and terrifying) pack! Should be a lot of fun for my next let's play series. :)

Zans/journey map is normally my goto combo, but the inability to disable mobs from the minimap explicitly defeats the danger of not knowing if one is near you.

Your torches are being destroyed by mobs. Not particularly fond of them using the door breaking sound. They will trample crops too.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I was having torches get destroyed inside my hidey hole while I was there in 1.0.1. No mobs around, or at least none that I can see / attack me. Started on 1.0.2 tonight, and no torches broken yet at least.