Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
so i'm using a grindstone in early game to double ores. I've noticed I can't grind zinc in it to combine with copper to make brass for fluiducts. However in configs, brass is able to used in the grindstone. Is there another way to grind zinc into dust to make Brass before I can afford to make a induction smelter or pulverizer.

I have to look into how AEs grindstone works. I know there is a way to add new ores, but I've never used that section.
You can use a crusher from metallurgy.

sslitherr1

Jul 29, 2019
Occasional crash when creating a new world with DEFAULT world gen type from the extra gases I added. Looking for a work around before removing the extra gases. - fixed in 1.0.1

Issue still exists (1.0.1) - I couldn't make it 20 blocks without super stuttery-ness, unresponsive chests/villagers before crashing. I would input a log for you at Pastebin, but the log was too damn big to post (I don't feel like paying for a Premium account there)...

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm done playing the BnB pack until I can figure out what's causing the mobs to have crazy insane regen. I had to abandon my last world because there was a "small spider" mob that spawn camped me. On my first encounter with it, I had an iron longsword from TiCo but it didn't keep any damage at all. It seems random when mobs get it, but they just get crazy high regen that makes them unkillable.

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know you could add other drinks to it o_O I'll have to play around and reevaluate it. I'm more concerned with getting the TPS issues and recipes finished first, though.
Okay :) And what's with the Dynamic Light mod (it's a client mod)? I added it manually and it is really helpful in this modpack. You can do walks in the night and don't have the annoying torch placeing and breaking.

Reactions: LordPMac

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay :) And what's with the Dynamic Light mod (it's a client mod)? I added it manually and it is really helpful in this modpack. You can do walks in the night and don't have the annoying torch placeing and breaking.

That would certainly change how I mine coal. I would just throw a torch on the ground instead of mining it in complete darkness until I get lanterns. I don't necessarily think that's a good change though.

radpad

Jul 29, 2019
Damn those mining zombies, damn them to hell. Ive spent 2 long hours hunting wool for a bed.

Firespark81

Jul 29, 2019
Few questions and suggestions.
First the questions. When are you able to make a hoe or something to till the earth so you can create a farm? Also I can not right click the apples on the apple trees and get apples like I normally do I actually have to break them. Is this intended or a bug?

Now for the suggestions. I think you should enable just one type of the Natura berry bushes. I can understand why you do not have any of them enabled. But I think it would make for a nice easy rare source of food. I say rare because if you only enable one type that should be a rather rare find. Plus you would waste food trying to hunt for them. Also maybe you can find a way to keep them from growing more than one high. Because as it stands now food is such a pain that I just unload all my stuff and jump from a high place instead of eating which kind of breaks the idea of the pack. I like the idea of food being harder to get and the whole tiered tech concept but I don't really feel it is balanced. Maybe enable the wooden hoe and change the recipe to take sticks and logs instead of planks and only have 2 or 3 uses. Food grows slow enough that even with that things would still be rough, but killing yourself would not look like as good of an option.

I will try to come up with some more ideas to help balance this because I love this pack. I have made a few hardcore packs in the past but none where nearly as awesome as this one so I am rooting for it to do very well.

Oh and one last suggestion. You should consider adding Infernal Mobs mod and the Mob Properties mod to make the world even more hostile and maybe the loot mod. I have used these together before in my packs and they can make for an interesting time because they give you a reason to fight instead of just hiding. But at the same time you think real hard before going up against an invisible, regen, knock back, thief zombie that you gotta kill twice, hoping for an awesome drop.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Having a lot of fun with the pack, but found a couple of things that made for many, many deaths more than i think intended:

-1 silverfish killed me 12 times. I just could not target it. The mob name never came up at the top of the screen, and no matter how i targeted or moved around, couldn't hit the sucker. Finally logged out and let it run back to a rock.
-Some zombies have Insane and nearly instant regen. I've had a couple come over the walls to my poor little hovel, and one giant zombie was good for 20 deaths. While in front of me, he took damage, but as soon as he moved back a block, he went to 20. I finally had to just work on placing blocks while dying over and over to get him to a spot i could hit him enough to kill him.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Now for the suggestions. I think you should enable just one type of the Natura berry bushes. Because as it stands now food is such a pain that I just unload all my stuff and jump from a high place instead of eating which kind of breaks the idea of the pack. I like the idea of food being harder to get and the whole tiered tech concept but I don't really feel it is balanced. Maybe enable the wooden hoe and change the recipe to take sticks and logs instead of planks and only have 2 or 3 uses. Food grows slow enough that even with that things would still be rough, but killing yourself would not look like as good of an option.

You should consider adding Infernal Mobs mod and the Mob Properties mod to make the world even more hostile and maybe the loot mod. I have used these together before in my packs and they can make for an interesting time because they give you a reason to fight instead of just hiding. But at the same time you think real hard before going up against an invisible, regen, knock back, thief zombie that you gotta kill twice, hoping for an awesome drop.

Killing yourself to save food is always going to be something that happens. When you have 5 berry juice and your starving and down to 2 hearts, it may mean the difference between starting a new map or not :) Suicide will happen. Better to keep the food scarce. The Natura berries are a renewable resource. Everyone would just have big berry farms. I'm undecided on the suggestion of a wooden hoe. Right now i'm fighting for my life and hoping to gather enough resources for a smelter to get a mattock to start farming. Logged into the server and something bad happened last night when i went to sleep, and my mates in NZ kept going (6 hour time difference). When i came back on, there were holes in the walls, and zombies all over. I was killed 30 times before i was able to break my bead and spawn back in outside :). Lost were my stacks of gravel and clay. Now I'm in a new base, starting over, but we've used up the food in the area. Looking Grim.

And i like that. There is a definite time limit to how long you can be in an area before you just flat out lose. Moving on is the only option. Hopefully with enough food to get to a new area, along with a bed.

As to Infernal Mobs, while i love them, they would make things a few times harder than they are now. We have huge spawns of mobs, a good chunk of infernals would be created, and early on you have no way to deal with one of them, let alone a couple of infernals mixed in with the rest of the horde.

Firespark81

Jul 29, 2019
Killing yourself to save food is always going to be something that happens. When you have 5 berry juice and your starving and down to 2 hearts, it may mean the difference between starting a new map or not :) Suicide will happen. Better to keep the food scarce. The Natura berries are a renewable resource. Everyone would just have big berry farms. I'm undecided on the suggestion of a wooden hoe. Right now i'm fighting for my life and hoping to gather enough resources for a smelter to get a mattock to start farming. Logged into the server and something bad happened last night when i went to sleep, and my mates in NZ kept going (6 hour time difference). When i came back on, there were holes in the walls, and zombies all over. I was killed 30 times before i was able to break my bead and spawn back in outside :). Lost were my stacks of gravel and clay. Now I'm in a new base, starting over, but we've used up the food in the area. Looking Grim.

And i like that. There is a definite time limit to how long you can be in an area before you just flat out lose. Moving on is the only option. Hopefully with enough food to get to a new area, along with a bed.

As to Infernal Mobs, while i love them, they would make things a few times harder than they are now. We have huge spawns of mobs, a good chunk of infernals would be created, and early on you have no way to deal with one of them, let alone a couple of infernals mixed in with the rest of the horde.

You can change how often and what mobs spawn as infernals. The mod is very configurable which is why I suggested it. It could be set so that about one mob or so out of a horde would be infernal. This would mix things up a bit more like it does with the speedy zombies. Also The hordes now — well with as far as I have managed to get so far are easily avoided by making a sky base, or tree house. I have also thought about an underwater base. Although I have not tested that one yet.

As for the berry bushes I do not know if you can make them so they do not grow 3 tall but if you only enable one kind they should be rather hard to find. Because there are already other rare options for tons of food. For example if you stumble on a village. You can use the wheat and seeds to gather animals and use them for food. The berries would be able the same. Plus with hunger overhaul their growth should be slowed like other forms of food. Although I would only enable them if it is possible to keep them from growing more than just one block like the ore berries. Took a look at the config for natura and you can set the range and rarity of the bushes. So they could be enabled and set to just be super rare.

Last edited:

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
That would certainly change how I mine coal. I would just throw a torch on the ground instead of mining it in complete darkness until I get lanterns. I don't necessarily think that's a good change though.
You can add and remove items from the dropped items light list. ;)

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I found a few pumpkins and made jackolanterns. I set one down when i need to mine coal. When i finally get a bit of farm going, i'll be planting a large pumpkin patch.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Ha! You won that round. We sort of just now gave up on our first attempt.

Had some trouble finding clay, which caused some delay in getting any armor or good weapons. By the time i finished the smelter, the miner was leading a his gang into our base and trashing us. Flint axes don't seem adequate :)

On a solo game I've just gotten to a smelter and farm, and luckily no invaders yet. Crossing my fingers.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.2 will be pushed some time in the next 24 hrs. should resolve many issues. currently working on some recipe updates.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.2 will be pushed some time in the next 24 hrs. should resolve many issues. currently working on some recipe updates.

Awesome. After quite a bit of experimentation, a couple of the proplems i had, or i saw others post about, looks lag related. Specifically targeting silverfish, zombies having insane regen even in day, and some mobs seeming to be invincible. Logging out of the game for a bit, and coming back in would reward me with the sound of a couple of hundred zombies suddenly dying to sunlight, who were laughing at it a moment before.

We'll restart the multiplay world we just lost on after the reset. My single play game is now under assault from two meteor strikes, and my garden has yet to produce food. Things look grim as we live off of cured zombie flesh on the drying racks.

This packs is very fun so far. I played for a couple of years back when Skuli ran TheMiningDead server using the Mortuus Terra plug in. It made me a fan of hard servers. Normal minecraft hunger was balanced by a lack of dirt and plants in the world, we ate a lot of zombie on that server. Gives you a taste for it. :)

Dikitty

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a pretty casual gamer in most settings but I decided to give this modpack a try. (I uh...tend to get bored easily, cough) Just wanted to say that even though I die a lot (and that's saying something considering I die a lot even in vanilla) that I love this pack so much! Thank you for putting this together. :D