Not open for further replies.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012

theundecided

Jul 29, 2019
oh...a diamond in the ruff....i apologize ...I was digging through all the stuff about permissions....and it looked as though that was a nother post about permissions....( can we posibly edit the original post to .... quickly answer the question....it took me a good 5-10 minutes just to waid through the posts...and apparently didn't find it anyways...)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I don't have the power to edit other people's posts, unless the OP turns back up, people will just have to look.

Andrejs_k

Jul 29, 2019
If in the mod license it says, that you are free to use this mod in a mod pack, you don't need the modders permission... Right?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
That does make it a question, but it still doesn't really make sense. I'm going to guess he is asking if I am watching this page, which apparently I am.

Nee354

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but as others have stated, it's pretty difficult to read through the pages and not get lost.

Do you have to go through the whole process if you're simply planning on using the pack for completely personal use?
I have no desire to play Minecraft with others right now and simply want a pack that has everything i want to use. I'm currently simply adding the mods to the appropriate folder, however i'm being convinced to switch to FTB. Because it uses a launcher i'm completely unsure of how to mod it to my specifications.

I completely understand getting permission to use mods in packs for private servers. But if it's not being distributed at all to anyone, is it any less complicated?

Thanks for your help!

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Private packs have nothing to do with simply adding mods to the modpacks.
You can easily add and remove mods by selecting a modpack and clicking the edit mod pack button.
Alternatively, you could look up multiMC.

Reactions: Ashzification

Greylocke

Jul 29, 2019
Watchful11 -- thanks for all you do for the FTB Community!

The guidelines state that you will not consider MC 1.6 modpacks. But with the new FTB launcher coming soon(tm), I am assuming that this restriction will be lifted. Will there be a new process for 1.6 private packs? If so, can you clue us in so we can prepare our documentation?

Also, some mods to consider adding to your spreadsheet:

Reactions: xaositech

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
The new process is officially not public yet, so I can't really say anything. Same thing as usual about ETA's, if jjw got hit by a truck, it might never happen, or it might come out tomorrow, no idea.

Yeah, I am trying to find time to work on the spreadsheet. Those are definitely on the list.

Simmy0505

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I want to make a modpack. Mostly a private one tho. Do I need permissions then?! ;) I need it for mah series on YT.

Status
Not open for further replies.