Pregenerating World with BOP

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing a server restart for the 4th of July, and I'd like to pregen as much of the world as I can, but I'm using BOP to do it. I can't seem to find anything that will generate BOP. Anyone know of something I could use? I'm going to toss it up on a test server (or even locally while I'm at work and upload it to the server) and just let it run around the clock for a few days to do it. But it would be great to get rid of some of the world gen lag that happens with a new map.

Just curious.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
no it is a plugin, if you run your server with kcauldron you can run worldborder, set a border and pregen the chunks

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't you use a plugin on your dev server? it will generate your map very cleanly, and you can move it to your production server?

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't you use a plugin on your dev server? it will generate your map very cleanly, and you can move it to your production server?
I've actually never used plug-ins, but I've already started building a bunch of stuff for the server as the reset is in only 4 days, but I can try it on the next go around.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
you have a mistaken impression of how kcauldron works.

you can run your server with kcauldron or just forge....there is no reason you can't switch back and forth.

kcauldron literally just runs your server with forge, but allows you to run plugins as well. It also includes features from spigot that speed up your server.

Tethlah

Jul 29, 2019
you have a mistaken impression of how kcauldron works.

you can run your server with kcauldron or just forge....there is no reason you can't switch back and forth.

kcauldron literally just runs your server with forge, but allows you to run plugins as well. It also includes features from spigot that speed up your server.
Is it going to cause any issues with the couple dozen hours of work I've done building out spawn and the various things users will be using? I used a mod that supposedly generated 1k chunks out but I can't tell.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
no, it won't cause any problems....its still forge, but with the added ability to run plugins

if you are worried about it make a backup of your world folder.