Prayers

mDiyo

Jul 29, 2019
This is a little mod that was created for the Ultra Hard Survival pack. The goal is to fill the gaping hole that is early-game regeneration with a limited item. It's not spammable, but until you get potions it is your only option for healing.
Download
1.6.X - Prayers 0.1.4
1.5.X - Prayers 0.1.4
Czem7G4.png

Some info on the item:
- The closer to mid-day it is, the more health you regenerate.
- The item has a hard time limit that is unaffected by sleeping or commands. It is short enough that you can pray at the same time every day.
- Uses are bound to the player, not the item itself.

Changelog
0.1.4 - Recipe uses two paper to avoid conflicts (recipe really changed!)
Source - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42769935/Prayer 1.5.2/prayersource.zip

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, I really like the idea and the graphics of the prayer! Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the recipe the same as TE's schematic?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
That's so cool. I love the animation of the scroll unrolling. Are you going to be maintaining this mod, or was it just a fun project?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Umm... doesn't keeping your food bar topped off also regenerate you? Granted, it's a little more troublesome in 1.6.x when healing costs hunger, but with Natura around it isn't that hard.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

rye1994

Jul 29, 2019
You're missing the point, in a UHC game the only way to regen health is with golden apples or potions. UHC - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1808950-ultra-hardcore-mod-152/

Love the graphics on that thing :D And it may be the same recipe as a schematic but in UHC people don't tend to have other mods installed.

EDIT: Another thing, it doesn't seem too OP at all, it only heals 1 heart by the looks AND it can only be used once a minecraft day, so it's perfect for those "little accidents" such as fall damage.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Reminds me of NetHack-style praying commands. Perhaps negative consequences should arise if you attempt to spam it too much?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to really make it fun you should add a random chance for it to be a prayer to herobrine. The sky turns to blacklist pitch (night time) a storm comes from beyond. And a might legion of mobs processes from the distance. (So many that the only thing you can do is run or hide and pray for day.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to really make it fun you should add a random chance for it to be a prayer to herobrine. The sky turns to blacklist pitch (night time) a storm comes from beyond. And a might legion of mobs processes from the distance. (So many that the only thing you can do is run or hide and pray for day.

That sounds like the opposite of fun.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Or jump clear over them with your MPS.

I like the idea of the mod, I think it would be very useful for UHC FTB maps/servers.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Caused by using an item intended for early game, where you wouldn't have an MPS. If you did, you probably wouldn't be needing to use the item!