petrolium propolis should produce fuel right?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
Petroleum propolis produces biofuel, doesn't seem right since petroleum is a fossile fuel, and the refined bee is a offspring from the oily bee, it all would make more sense if the petroleum propolis produced refined fuel. don't know if this was intended from start and there was a miss in the liquid api or whatever, what's everyone's take on this?

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
Distilled bees are better than refined bees. That is on purpose i believe but it is confusing that the end of the line bee is not the best bee in the "family".

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Petroleum propolis produces biofuel, doesn't seem right since petroleum is a fossile fuel, and the refined bee is a offspring from the oily bee, it all would make more sense if the petroleum propolis produced refined fuel. don't know if this was intended from start and there was a miss in the liquid api or whatever, what's everyone's take on this?

ikr.. they fooled me with their shining body :(

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Well, no. As far as I know, refined will still produce oily combs at the same rate as destilled, but you get the biofuel as an extra output. I had a refined bee set powering my boiler with ample to spare.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Refined produce oily combs at a slaightly reduced rate.

Considering the already-refined biofuel combs i think they are a little better than oily, but since im feeding boilers and having 2 fuel sources is a mess i still prefer the oily bees for my fuel production.

Also, i think that while the refined gives comparatively few biofuel combs the fuel extracted from them is already refined, so it should be very efficient (your not getting just biomass)

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
Refined produce oily combs at a slaightly reduced rate.

Considering the already-refined biofuel combs i think they are a little better than oily, but since im feeding boilers and having 2 fuel sources is a mess i still prefer the oily bees for my fuel production.

Also, i think that while the refined gives comparatively few biofuel combs the fuel extracted from them is already refined, so it should be very efficient (your not getting just biomass)

you make it sound like refined bee gives biomass, with a chance of refined biofuel. they give oil, and petroleum comb should give fuel, not biofuel. forgive me if I misunderstood your post.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I could not agree more. I for one would prefer that there be an entirely seperate branch of bees specifically for biofuel and biomass.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Actually I have tested this... The refined bees give oily combs and petroleum combs. the petro combs produce biofule ONLY. imo they are right distilled is the way to go.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Just make a second Squeezer and send the Biofuel to Stills to make EU. It is a nice little extra :)

Donaald

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to distilled/refined bees producing 1 oily comb per 15.3 minuted what conditions are these under? Is that in a no frame apiary at the inherent speed of the bee (Slowest judging by the link) or in an alveary with fastest speed traits? Or somewhere in between?

Also with the change how many alvearies producing oily combs would be required per 36 block HP boiler?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, refined and distilled bees both have an output of oily combs every 15.3 minutes while the oily bee is significantly longer.

For proof go to : http://mc.nessirojgaming.eu/bees/index.php?title=Main_Page

It should also be noted that the oily bee has oily combs as a specialty, not normal. Specialty outputs will only be created when the bee is in an environment that matches its preferences (in this case, normal/normal). You can adjust the bees tolerances so it will work in a desert or taiga, but it will only output its normal comb and never the specialty.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
It should also be noted that the oily bee has oily combs as a specialty, not normal. Specialty outputs will only be created when the bee is in an environment that matches its preferences (in this case, normal/normal). You can adjust the bees tolerances so it will work in a desert or taiga, but it will only output its normal comb and never the specialty.
This is only true with Forestry bees. The ones from Extra Bees and from Thaumic Bees can produce their specialty differently.
Source: Experience.