PAX Summary

Discussion in 'Jadedcat' started by Jadedcat, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Jadedcat

Jadedcat Mod Breaker Level : Expert Team Member Global Moderator Wiki Team FTB Pack Developer

So after an exhausting weekend at PAX East I have to say it was quite fun. It started out with me driving From TX to TN to visit King Lemming. He ended up being able to go as well so he joined me for the rest of the drive to Boston. While I enjoyed the drive and KL was great company I think if I did it again I would fly. Honestly I think SimCity traffic patterns are based on New England.

We arrived in Boston midday Friday and proceeded to head to the convention. (Note to self 1.5 miles is a lot longer then it sounds for walking)

We managed to meet all the FTB/Forgecraft people except Pahimar who was unfortunately unwell. I can't really say much about the convention. I only attended one panel, where I got to torment JoeHills and found when squeezed he squees almost as high as I do.

Friday evening was also the tournament. The one person who recognized me almost immediately (Noah) won the tournament which was quite cool. Due to my propensity for ducking cameras it seemed most people thought I was Jess or Elloraam . I am aware of only 4 pics taken of me during the con ... and y'all will never see 3 of them :p

What I will remember most was the food and the company. We found an incredible tequilla bar and mexican restaraunt, and I could rave for hours about the poached eggs at the hotel. Friends helped me ring in my 30th b-day with Flan and tequila (awesome).

Morv was charming and sweet. (great french kisser too)
    Flora was kind and snuggly and soft (not telling where though)
    Slow gives great hugs for a silly brit , his girl is awesome
    Pahimar was just as sweet and innocent in person and he is so lucky to have his girl, she is amazingly sweet and smart (how did he get her...)
    Lex is a cuddly teddy bear and amazing with kids (no really he is)
    Dire is a normal guy and a gentleman.
    IamSp00n is cuter in person
    Tahg is the quiet sort (huge shock)

Oddest moments occurred Sunday night as we gathered for a last round of drinking... some people are lightweights....

KingDaddyDMAC stated "You smell like heaven" and proceeded to hump my leg.
    Guude joined him...
    Lex then came to help by making out with KingDaddy...

It was interesting... and weird

All in all I got to meet some friends make a few new ones and have fun, all while managing not to be photographed ...wooot
  2. Molten

Molten Active Member

Lex is a living example why it's unwise to be a keyboard warrior, as the person on the other end may IRL have the capacity to rip your arms and legs off.
    Not surprised he's good with kids tbh. I think it's adults he looses patience with :p
    Geech6 likes this.
  3. noah_wolfe

noah_wolfe Active Member

I've said it over the last couple of days, but a cooler, more down-to-earth group of people is hard to find. Much love. Awesome weekend.
  4. Exedra

Exedra Well-Known Member

Sounds like it was fun. Wish I could have gone.
  5. Chocorate

Chocorate Well-Known Member

Saw a couple videos on youtube of the competition and everything, I wish I knew who each person was. Sucks that Pahimar wasn't there (and I'm assuming X3N0 wasn't either :c)
  6. Jadedcat

Jadedcat Mod Breaker Level : Expert Team Member Global Moderator Wiki Team FTB Pack Developer

Pahimar was but he was sick during the tourney. X3n0 was unable to make it.
  7. Chocorate

Chocorate Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks for the info.
  8. Bluehorazon

Bluehorazon Active Member

Seems it was a nice journey or even some kind of adventure considering you were far away from home. It was very interesting to read Dires coordination-efforts via Twitter :p

I'm looking forward for the first "After-Pax"-Stream.
  9. May I ask why you did not wish to be photo'd
  10. Jadedcat

Mainly cause I like to keep some privacy.
    Vauthil likes this.
  11. Aetherr_

Aetherr_ Active Member

Will we ever see a picture of the entire forgecraft?
  12. Jadedcat

Nope some of us prefer to remain private.
  13. Aetherr_

Aetherr_ Active Member

Ok, I can understand that.