Omega Dawn - Config Private Mod Pack (1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What type of server would you be interested in?

• Normal - Full mod list, Hormal difficulty

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Wasteland - Modpack configured for Wasteland theme, Hard difficulty

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Either

Votes: 13 16.7%

• Total voters

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Finally almost done!

Omega Dawn is designed to combine Tech/Magi-Tech, Adventure and Creative construction, and to offer a slightly different flavour by purposely excluding some mods, and including other lesser known mods. A smaller goal is to make survival slightly more difficult to balance all the amazing stuff the mods add.

This pack will offer a download of all the mods that are publicly open to modpacks (about 70% of the pack) and those I have permissions for, a listing of mods with links to download manually, and a config file download, to make all the mods play nicely with each other.
Currently I'm just testing & configuring the last few things, and will make download/link information available (on my dropbox).
At this point in time, I am open to any suggestions/recommendations.

Will there be a server?
That depends on interest. If there is a lot of interest, I will pay for a private whitelisted zero tolerance server for this mod pack. Send me a PM, post a message to register your interest or use the poll above.
There are also two options - "Normal" - Normal difficulty, full mod pack, or "Wasteland" - Hard difficultly, some mods disabled, wasteland style biomes only - let me know which option you would be interested in.

Will the mod pack update to 1.6?
Depends on what FTB offers for 1.6, and what mods update. If it does update to 1.6, it will when 1.6 is more mature.

What is the difficulty level?
The mod pack is configured to be be medium "difficulty". Where config options are available, they are set to use Thermal Expansion recipes.
Also included is Infernal Mobs to make some mob encounters a lot more dangerous, and also Falling Meteors (heavily configed), to make things a bit more interesting.
Energy Manipulator mod has it's recipes adjusted to be much more expensive, turning it into a mid game item. It's EV values have been set to raw materials (and ingots) only, based on world rarity and recipe usage. The conversion process is only 90% efficient, so you will loose EV.

Mod List (in no particular order):
  • Natura
  • Tinkers Construct
  • Forge
  • NEI
  • Ender Storage
  • ChickenChunks
  • Translocators
  • CodeChickenCore
  • Immibis Core
  • Immibis Microblocks
  • RedLogic
  • Ruins Mod
  • Infernal Mobs
  • PowerCrystalsCore
  • Mine Factory Reloaded
  • Nether Ores
  • Biomes O Plenty
  • Wild Caves 3
  • Falling Meteors
  • Modular Force Field System
  • Assembly Line
  • Mekanism
  • Mekanism Generators
  • Mekanism Tools
  • Dimensional Doors
  • Aroma1997s Dimensional World
  • Greg's SG Craft
  • Buildcraft
  • Railcraft
  • Forestry
  • Thermal Expansion
  • CoFH Core
  • OmniTools
  • Extra Bees and Trees
  • NEI Addons
  • NEI Plugins
  • Thaumcraft 3
  • Iron Chests
  • Applied Energistics
  • Modular Power Suits
  • Modular Power Suits Addons
  • Buildcraft Tools
  • Twilight Forest
  • Turret Mod
  • SanAndreasP Manager Pack
  • Gregs Lighting
  • Bibliocraft
  • Bibliowoods Biomes O Plenty
  • Bibliowoods Forestry
  • Energy Manipulator
  • Light Bridges and Doors
  • Wireless Redstone
  • Project Bench
  • Redstone in Motion

Known Issues:
Turret Mod Flame thrower flames do not completely despawn, causing massive entity lag - do not use!
Optifine causes render issues with UE blocks in inventory and NEI

Mods excluded (please do not suggest these):
IC2 and associated mods
Mystcraft
ComputerCraft
EE3
Factorization
Steves Carts

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks to those who voted on the poll, appears to be some interest, so I am looking into hosting a private whitelisted server - watch this space.
Two mods will be added, Extra Utilities and Primitive Mobs.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you remove lesser known mods? Those are awesome! Everyone knows how to make a macerator, set up a BC/RP2 sorting system. Lesser known mods make it more fun. You get to experiment!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Err, I haven't said I'm removing lesser known mods. I've got a number of lesser known mods in the pack.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Same here. That's this weekends project, using the Ruins mod, I want to try and get one of the "wasteland" biomes to be a "city" biome, very heavy on ruins. One thought I did have is that the wasteland version would have to exclude twilight forest, as that would make things too easy (all those trees and grass!)
I'll post some screenshot results.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. Reading forum posts for that mod, it seems a bit unstable for 1.5.2, but fixed under 1.6. I don't think I'll risk it.

Testing a wasteland config, waiting for the initial world to load, I was in a small grassy dried riverbed between a volcanic and a deadlands biome. Next thing I know, boom, killed by creeper. Think that's the first time I've ever died within 20 seconds of starting a new game in Minecraft....

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion. Reading forum posts for that mod, it seems a bit unstable for 1.5.2, but fixed under 1.6. I don't think I'll risk it.

Testing a wasteland config, waiting for the initial world to load, I was in a small grassy dried riverbed between a volcanic and a deadlands biome. Next thing I know, boom, killed by creeper. Think that's the first time I've ever died within 20 seconds of starting a new game in Minecraft....
seems like a good world then we want it spicey ... :)

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a nice pack... For me, FTB has really been lacking that challenge, hope this one could provide it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So current wasteland biome setup consists of:
Badlands
Canyon
Crag
Deadlands
Dunes
Glacier
Marsh
Mesa
Oasis
Outback
Quagmire
Volcano
Desert

Marsh because this is the only place that the MFR rubber trees can spawn, although very rare chance.
Outback has small trees with few leaves, and has a good chance of a village to spawn, although those villages could be decimated by hardmode and zombie awareness
Oasis I'm going to experiment to see if I can get a mass amount of ruins to spawn, to represent old cities.

Occasional oak trees, natura cherry blossom trees and natura fruit bushes do spawn, but they are very rare.

The initial challenge to the player will be to get saplings and seeds.

Tree/Bee breeding and Thaumcraft progression will be very difficult due to lack of resources. Servers might have to setup an exchange system for saplings/bees.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, failed big time to get a "ruined city", so will just leave the ruins to how they were. On a plus, tweaked a few ruins that result in more interesting placement options.
Also finding the "wasteland" config does result in a lot of massive ocean spawns.

Plus, don't know if it's 1.5.2, this mod pack, or just my computer, or the 64x texture pack but I'm frequently running out of memory and heap size plus a lot of lag spikes when generating new terrain. If I up the memory a bit, all the graphics are glitched (looking almost like cubeworld!), or minecraft fails to load reporting out of memory. Minecraft can even crash as well when exiting a map!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, after a lot of headaches, I finally have the mod pack on a private white listed server (Normal mode). If you would like to try it out, send me a PM. In the meantime, I will be updating my G+ group with the download and installation instructions.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just want to say big thanks to EbicNinja, Gnomeo and Apemanzilla for the testing and feedback on the server. It has resulted in some tweaks, and some extra mods being added (Computer Craft, MiscPeripherals, Tinkers Recovery and MPS Addons).

We are restarting the server this weekend, and moving onto the Wasteland Hard difficulty config. This is going to be a real challenge, but also a lot of fun requiring a lot of teamwork to survive the undead hordes. There is still space on the server for a few more players if interested. Just send me a PM.

ghost2794

Jul 29, 2019
oh sorry didnt read the whole thread i would love to try out this pack it looks like a cool pack since recently ive been a bit bored with the other ones. if your still signing people on the whitelist my ign is : ghost2794

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The pack has had some changes and there a couple of mods I need to update. Then I will update my google+ site with the details to get the pack.
Main changes include removal of Dimensional Doors, kept crashing the server every 24 hours, replaced with Mystcraft, but only enabled once the server players built a stargate and unlocked the twilight forest.
Added Logistic Pipes and ComputerCraft due to popular demand.