Offline play?

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I have FTB installed on my laptop. Earlier today I was at a place with no wifi access and FTB would not launch. I had to go back to my vanilla minecraft world for a bit.

Is there any config option to fix this for next time?

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB requires you to have internet so you can log in through the minecraft login servers.

They do not support Offline mode even if you have a paid account.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
That stinks. I still have my vanilla world to play in those times at least!

I just switched to the "release" FTB version and it's telling me "login failed due to IO exception"

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Login servers are down at this time due to traffic. We can't fix that since it's on Mojang end.

Tompa974

Jul 29, 2019
Is it not possible to transfer the FTB .minecraft to the %appdata% and play from there?

VastZeratos

Jul 29, 2019
I did this:

0.Run once clean Minecraft 1.4.2
1.Copy contents of FTBBETA/minecraft into .minecraft in %appdata% ...
2.Open FTBBETA/instMods folder
3. Copy contents of MinecraftForge.zip and Optifine (B5) into .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
4. Have fun ;)

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I did this:

0.Run once clean Minecraft 1.4.2
1.Copy contents of FTBBETA/minecraft into .minecraft in %appdata% ...
2.Open FTBBETA/instMods folder
3. Copy contents of MinecraftForge.zip and Optifine (B5) into .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
4. Have fun ;)

Doing this and not bothering to go through the launcher you will miss out of mod updates/launcher releases that will prompt you through the launcher.

You still have to log into the launcher once to get the mod pack. (Release will be out tonight) So there is no point this this work and missing out of what i said above.

nicktonton

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't rearranging the files into %appdata% to play offline, periodically using the launcher to play online to get the updates and then moving the updated files into %appdata% work?
I don't get why it's so difficult to play FTB offline, why a set of modifications to the game are attempting to be more "secure" than the actual game itself.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
You can now play offline. You just need to log in once with net to get the mods.

New release.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
you should just need to edit your profile and select "remember password" again and then enter your password in the field

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
The password box was grey for some reason when I tried to edit it. I deleted the name and re-added it, that worked :)

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Ok just to let you know that in the future the box is grayed out "until" you check the remember password box.
Glad you got it sorted :)

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
Offline playing isn't that likely to be added as then it makes it easy to hack and use non premium accounts