Official FTB seed thread.

MetricJester

Jul 29, 2019
Any seed at all which has a village for the latest version of ftb monster. I cannot find any village in any map i generate, even with altered village spawn distance in the config of biomes o plenty.
9052282062 highlands gen, no bonus chest, and remember to generate structures and there will be a mountain town right in front of you.

xBCrafted

Jul 29, 2019
Large rolling mountain surrounded by several different biomes. Also a mountain Village and Roguelike Dungeon. Enjoy!

FTB Monster 1.1.1 (Default mods)
ATG World Generation
Seed: 2534684780727155

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/GVJdr#0

Mountain
x:317 z:315

Mountain Village
x:356 z:235

Roguelike Dungeon
x:185 z:526​

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
For people wanting a volcano, there is one using the seed Peanut, at x-278, z64.
Uses these config settings for ATG, everything else is the monster default.
# Configuration file

####################
# biomeids
####################

biomeids {
# World ID for ATG. Don't change this unless you are having problems.
I:ATGWorldID=9

# Set to 0 to disable a biome entirely. Do NOT disable biomes on a generated world!
I:BorealForest=150
I:GravelBeach=151
I:Savanna=152
I:Shrubland=153
I:SnowyBeach=154
I:Steppe=155
I:TropicalShrubland=156
I:Tundra=157
I:Volcano=158
I:Woodland=159
}

####################
# climate
####################

climate {
# Set to true to make sure 0,0 lies in a temperate zone.
B:ClimateCentre=false

# Maximum BASE (before height) temperature for the climate gradient, found at the equator. Default: 0.9.
D:ClimateMaxTemp=1.0

# Minimum BASE (before height) temperature for the climate gradient, found at the poles. Default: 0.4.
D:ClimateMinTemp=0.1

# Distance in blocks from pole to pole. Temperature gradient repeats beyond this. Default: 10000.
I:ClimatePeriod=3000

# Climate type - 0: Looping. 1: Cold-hot-cold, cold continues to north and south. 2: Cold-hot, cold continues north, hot continues south.
I:ClimateType=0

# Use alternating bands of hot and cold to simulate the poles and equator. Overrides generator settings for temperature.
B:UseClimate=false
}

####################
# features
####################

features {
# Generates boulders and rocks to add interest. A major feature of volcanoes.
B:Boulders=true

# Adds coal, iron, gold and emeralds to mountain peaks. Disable if you want to use a different mod to manage ore generation.
B:HighAltitudeOres=true

# Generate flowing rivers which follow the terrain. Can sometimes be messy.
B:Rivers=true

# Set to false to replace the magma in volcanoes with cobble. Does not disable the volcano biome.
B:VolcanoMagmaShafts=true
}

####################
# generator
####################

generator {
# Scale value for biome sub-blobs. Controls the size of biomes *within* biome groups, NOT the biome groups themselves. This has essentially no effect without additional biome mods, but with them it controls the area of terrain that might be one type of forest instead of another type, within a forested zone. Adding one doubles the biome size, subtracting 1 halves it. Minimum: 1, Default: 4.
I:BiomeBlobScale=5

# Multiplier for height generation. The base height generated is multiplied by this - lower means lower peaks and smoother slopes, higher means more tall mountains, and more chance of volcanoes. 0.0 = all bedrock. Best used to counter negative offsets. Default: 1.0.
D:HeightMultiplier=1.4

# Scale modifier for the terrain height noise field. Controls the x/z scale of the terrain. Increase to spread out the land, meaning smoother slopes with no net height change, reduce to make things steeper. Default: 1.0.
D:HeightNoiseScale=0.86

# Flat modifier to height generation, added to the height of the world, in blocks. 1.0 = 255 blocks. Try values like +/-0.03. Default: 0.0.
D:HeightOffset=+0.1

# Multiplier for moisture generation. Increase for more variation in the moisture of biomes, reduce to make them more even. 0.0 = all dry. Default: 1.0.
D:MoistureMultiplier=1.0

# Scale modifier for the moisture noise field. Like the temerature scale, but for the moisture map. Reducing this makes moisture patches smaller. Default: 1.0.
D:MoistureNoiseScale=1.1

# Flat modifier to moisture, added to global noisture. Positive means wetter, negetive means dryer. 1.0 = jungle/swamp. Try values like +/-0.1. Default: 0.0.
D:MoistureOffset=-0.1

# Sea level, in blocks. Default: 63 (same as vanilla)
I:SeaLevel=95

# Multiplier for temperature generation. Increase this for more drastic temperature differences, reduce to make the world temperature more even. 0.0 = all ice. Not valid for climate mode. Default: 1.0.
D:TemperatureMultiplier=1.2

# Scale modifier for the temperature noise field. Increasing this makes the temperature gradient bigger, meaning you have to travel further to see a change in temperature. Default: 1.0.
D:TemperatureNoiseScale=1.0

# Flat modifier to temperature, added to the global temperature map. Positive is hotter, negetive is colder. 1.0 = desert. Try values like +/-0.1. Not valid for climate mode. Default: 0.0.
D:TemperatureOffset=0.1
}

####################
# imagemap
####################

imagemap {
# Height multiplier for the processed image map. Default: 1.0.
D:HeightMultiplier=1.0

# Height offset for the processed image map. Ranges 0-1. Default: 0.0.
D:HeightOffset=0.0

# Number of blocks to fade from the edge of the image to normal generation. Ignored if looping is enabled. Default: 160.
I:MapEdgeFade=160

# Name of a png file in the maps config subfolder. Red, green and blue channels represent height, temperature and moisture maps respectively.
S:MapFile=

# Set to true to have the image map repeat instead of fading back to normal terrain.
B:MapLooping=false

# Number of blocks represented by each pixel of the map image.
D:MapScale=32.0

# Moisture multiplier for the processed image map. Default: 1.0.

# Moisture offset for the processed image map. Ranges 0-1. Default: 0.0.
D:MoistureOffset=0.0

# Temperature multiplier for the processed image map. Default: 1.0.
D:TemperatureMultiplier=1.0

# Temperature offset for the processed image map. Ranges 0-1. Default: 0.0.
D:TemperatureOffset=0.0

# EXPERIMENTAL AND INCOMPLETE - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Use a source image to generate a map. Other settings will take effect outside unless looping is enabled.
B:UseImageMap=false
}

bazoril

Jul 29, 2019
For people wanting a volcano, there is one using the seed Peanut, at x-278, z64.

Thank you very much! I've been trying to find a volcano spawn for a while now and they only seem to spawn without a magma core. The best i had found was i think on the seed Elona with the standard ATG 1.1.1 settings at which i found two high mountains with the formation of a volcanic crater on top of each but no magma.

Decided to go back and look to see what would spawn with your settings on the same seed...... 4 volcano's connected to each other and a crater between the two nearest to spawn with plenty of building room (as well as a section in the first volcano.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/eliminsterone/volcanos.gif

My inner Dwarf cannot be contained.... Magma.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much! I've been trying to find a volcano spawn for a while now and they only seem to spawn without a magma core. The best i had found was i think on the seed Elona with the standard ATG 1.1.1 settings at which i found two high mountains with the formation of a volcanic crater on top of each but no magma.

Decided to go back and look to see what would spawn with your settings on the same seed...... 4 volcano's connected to each other and a crater between the two nearest to spawn with plenty of building room (as well as a section in the first volcano.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/eliminsterone/volcanos.gif

My inner Dwarf cannot be contained.... Magma.
look at the amound of lava they have ! little nether!

Reactions: Dezz

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
The seed Pumpkin is a neat seed, just thought I'd post it here. You spawn near a couple of Farlander huts, which means you get to see most of the Farlander mod since most things only spawn near huts.

There's also horses aplenty, as well as some chickens.

I'll update this post with coordinates for neat things as I find them later.

Obsidian Totem
Z 67

Haven't gotten a Thaumometer so I haven't seen what node type is inside the totem. However, I'm pretty sure it'll be Sinister. Eerie biome is very weak around the totem, but it's there. Either it's getting stronger, or I was wrong.

Last edited:

Anubis40111

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for a Horizons Seed that would have a fairly large mountain or several mountains pretty close to spawn. Any help would be great.

xBCrafted

Jul 29, 2019
Spawn right next to a Volcano with a Magical Forest, Sacred Springs, Coral Reef and an Ocean Oil Field Biome near by. End portal less than 100 blocks from spawn! Enjoy!

FTB Direwolf20 v1.0.23
Biomes 'O Plenty World Generation
Seed:

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/QstWD#0

Coral Reef
x:-58 z:358

Sacred Springs
x:-37 z:200

Ocean Oil Field
x:313 z:128

End Portal
x:184 z:65​

arganon187

Jul 29, 2019
824394277769434464 starting spawn right next to this thing. haven't explored anything yet

Attachments

• 2014-05-28_17.51.13.png
    2014-05-28_17.51.13.png
    598 KB · Views: 239

Tululaboo

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a longshot but I am looking for a seed that spawns in/near either a Garden (preferred) or Origin valley Biome... Any extra's is just a bonus ^.^ I am looking myself but no such luck as of yet.

Tulula.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a longshot but I am looking for a seed that spawns in/near either a Garden (preferred) or Origin valley Biome... Any extra's is just a bonus ^.^ I am looking myself but no such luck as of yet.

Tulula.
It be nice if you told the modpack you were using and version of it

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
I use FTB Monster + BoP + ATG (minecraft 1.6.4) and I didn't get anything even slightly similar to this.

FYI: Like you, I tried ATG in vain for an hour - then went to a BoP(+ATG) world, and first up spawned next to a volcano adjacent to one of those BoP lava fields.

edit to add:
FTB Monster, BoP + ATG -
spawn in heathland (surrounded by teams of horses), 100 blocks from a PR Volcano and BoP volcano biome. Is this what you were after?

imgur: http://i.imgur.com/NiYMbIx.jpg
seed: 9106157009428863453

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
# Configuration file

####################
# biomeids
####################

biomeids {
# World ID for ATG. Don't change this unless you are having problems.
I:ATGWorldID=9

# Set to 0 to disable a biome entirely. Do NOT disable biomes on a generated world!
I:BorealForest=150
I:GravelBeach=151
I:Savanna=152
I:Shrubland=153
I:SnowyBeach=154
I:Steppe=155
I:TropicalShrubland=156
I:Tundra=157
I:Volcano=158
I:Woodland=159
}

####################
# climate
####################

climate {
# Set to true to make sure 0,0 lies in a temperate zone.
B:ClimateCentre=false

# Maximum BASE (before height) temperature for the climate gradient, found at the equator. Default: 0.9.
D:ClimateMaxTemp=1.0

# Minimum BASE (before height) temperature for the climate gradient, found at the poles. Default: 0.4.
D:ClimateMinTemp=0.1

# Distance in blocks from pole to pole. Temperature gradient repeats beyond this. Default: 10000.
I:ClimatePeriod=3000

# Climate type - 0: Looping. 1: Cold-hot-cold, cold continues to north and south. 2: Cold-hot, cold continues north, hot continues south.
I:ClimateType=0

# Use alternating bands of hot and cold to simulate the poles and equator. Overrides generator settings for temperature.
B:UseClimate=false
}

####################
# features
####################

features {
# Generates boulders and rocks to add interest. A major feature of volcanoes.
B:Boulders=true

# Adds coal, iron, gold and emeralds to mountain peaks. Disable if you want to use a different mod to manage ore generation.
B:HighAltitudeOres=true

# Generate flowing rivers which follow the terrain. Can sometimes be messy.
B:Rivers=true

# Set to false to replace the magma in volcanoes with cobble. Does not disable the volcano biome.
B:VolcanoMagmaShafts=true
}

####################
# generator
####################

generator {
# Scale value for biome sub-blobs. Controls the size of biomes *within* biome groups, NOT the biome groups themselves. This has essentially no effect without additional biome mods, but with them it controls the area of terrain that might be one type of forest instead of another type, within a forested zone. Adding one doubles the biome size, subtracting 1 halves it. Minimum: 1, Default: 4.
I:BiomeBlobScale=5

# Multiplier for height generation. The base height generated is multiplied by this - lower means lower peaks and smoother slopes, higher means more tall mountains, and more chance of volcanoes. 0.0 = all bedrock. Best used to counter negative offsets. Default: 1.0.
D:HeightMultiplier=1.4

# Scale modifier for the terrain height noise field. Controls the x/z scale of the terrain. Increase to spread out the land, meaning smoother slopes with no net height change, reduce to make things steeper. Default: 1.0.
D:HeightNoiseScale=0.86

# Flat modifier to height generation, added to the height of the world, in blocks. 1.0 = 255 blocks. Try values like +/-0.03. Default: 0.0.
D:HeightOffset=+0.1

# Multiplier for moisture generation. Increase for more variation in the moisture of biomes, reduce to make them more even. 0.0 = all dry. Default: 1.0.

# Scale modifier for the moisture noise field. Like the temerature scale, but for the moisture map. Reducing this makes moisture patches smaller. Default: 1.0.
D:MoistureNoiseScale=1.1

# Flat modifier to moisture, added to global noisture. Positive means wetter, negetive means dryer. 1.0 = jungle/swamp. Try values like +/-0.1. Default: 0.0.
D:MoistureOffset=-0.1

# Sea level, in blocks. Default: 63 (same as vanilla)
I:SeaLevel=95

# Multiplier for temperature generation. Increase this for more drastic temperature differences, reduce to make the world temperature more even. 0.0 = all ice. Not valid for climate mode. Default: 1.0.
D:TemperatureMultiplier=1.2

# Scale modifier for the temperature noise field. Increasing this makes the temperature gradient bigger, meaning you have to travel further to see a change in temperature. Default: 1.0.
D:TemperatureNoiseScale=1.0

# Flat modifier to temperature, added to the global temperature map. Positive is hotter, negetive is colder. 1.0 = desert. Try values like +/-0.1. Not valid for climate mode. Default: 0.0.
D:TemperatureOffset=0.1
}

####################
# imagemap
####################

imagemap {
# Height multiplier for the processed image map. Default: 1.0.
D:HeightMultiplier=1.0

# Height offset for the processed image map. Ranges 0-1. Default: 0.0.
D:HeightOffset=0.0

# Number of blocks to fade from the edge of the image to normal generation. Ignored if looping is enabled. Default: 160.
I:MapEdgeFade=160

# Name of a png file in the maps config subfolder. Red, green and blue channels represent height, temperature and moisture maps respectively.
S:MapFile=

# Set to true to have the image map repeat instead of fading back to normal terrain.
B:MapLooping=false

# Number of blocks represented by each pixel of the map image.
D:MapScale=32.0

# Moisture multiplier for the processed image map. Default: 1.0.

# Moisture offset for the processed image map. Ranges 0-1. Default: 0.0.
D:MoistureOffset=0.0

# Temperature multiplier for the processed image map. Default: 1.0.
D:TemperatureMultiplier=1.0

# Temperature offset for the processed image map. Ranges 0-1. Default: 0.0.
D:TemperatureOffset=0.0

# EXPERIMENTAL AND INCOMPLETE - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Use a source image to generate a map. Other settings will take effect outside unless looping is enabled.
B:UseImageMap=false
}

How exactly do you go about doing this? This sounds like exactly what I want, but I have no idea how to do it...

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do you go about doing this? This sounds like exactly what I want, but I have no idea how to do it...
Go to the folder where all of your modpack's stuff is stored, then go into configs, then the folder labelled "ATG", then I think it is worldgen you need to copy the stuff in the spoiler into, would check but do not have access to a computer atm.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the folder where all of your modpack's stuff is stored, then go into configs, then the folder labelled "ATG", then I think it is worldgen you need to copy the stuff in the spoiler into, would check but do not have access to a computer atm.

When I try to open it with NBTExplorer it just comes up with a bunch of empty/ unopenable folders.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
...why are you using NBTexplorer? It is a text file, just use notepad.

Oops, that's embarrassing.

I have done the deed, but when I go to create the world, it seems to ignore the seed. I type in Peanut, but when I generate the world it doesn't accept the seed.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Oops, that's embarrassing.

I have done the deed, but when I go to create the world, it seems to ignore the seed. I type in Peanut, but when I generate the world it doesn't accept the seed.
Wait, what? doesn't accept it? Does it actually give you an error or is the seed not what is expected?