Nuclear Bomb Resistance Testing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I got bored one day in my creative world, trying out a conveyor belt-based sorting system for a max size, max speed quarry. Incidentally, PowerCraft conveyor belts work quite well for simple sorting, even if they work a bit...oddly.

Anywho, I decided to see just how well certain blocks resist nuclear bombs. Why? Science, that's why! So, here's a list of items that I tested that require either one or two layers to contain a nuclear blast:

• Xychordite Shield (1 layer)
  • Warded Stone/Glass (1 layer)
  • Reinforced Stone/Glass (2 layers)
  • Hardened Glass (2 layers)
  • Redstone Energy Cell (2 layers)
  • Tesseract (any kind) (1 layer)
  • Redstone Energy Conduit (2 layers)
  • Liquiduct (2 layers)
  • Obsidian Tile/Totem (1 layer)
There's probably more, I took a break to make food, came back, and got on Guild Wars 2 afterward, but that's as far as I got with my nuke testing. I knew that warded stone/glass and xychordite shields would contain a nuke, but...tesseracts? I really did not see that one comin. Anyone else find some nuke-immune blocks or items?

(All calculated using the Direwolf20 pack.)

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Iridium reinforced stone and titanium blocks will both absorb 100% without breaking themselves either. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by 1 block or not (xychoridite shields did not absorb 100% in the same fashion when I tested)

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I should add nuclear reactor explosions are actually more powerful than nukes (oddly, considering how much cheaper they are to make). They have an explosive power of 45, with 35 for nukes. You should probably test them as well.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You can stuff much more uranium into a reactor than a nuke.

I did tests a while ago with a 6-chamber reactor filled with quad plutonium cells (worst case), and some of my numbers were a layer more than these.