Not Enough Items Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Charliemadman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I need some help with Not Enough Items (sorry if this is not the right place to post this sort of thing, I'm sorta new to this). I'm using the Mindcrack pack and Not Enough Items (at least I think it's Not Enough Items) has made it so that I have to click and hold then move my cursor when in inventory. It has also set it so that something happens when I use the scroll wheel so that one thing moves at a time.
I'm finding this extremely difficult to work with and have tried to switch it off, but I can't find out how to do it and I've searched online and the forums and found nothing.
So, can anyone tell me how I can turn it off so that I can go back to vanilla inventory movement, but still have the list of items on the side.
Many thanks to any and all help received.

AztecDJ

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the mod causing this is not NEI but rather another perhaps lesser known mod called "inventory tweaks." You should be able to modify the settings of this by clicking one of the small symbols on the top right corner of an inventory like where the maximize and minimize window buttons would be in Windows.

Hope that helps.

Charliemadman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the mod causing this is not NEI but rather another perhaps lesser known mod called "inventory tweaks." You should be able to modify the settings of this by clicking one of the small symbols on the top right corner of an inventory like where the maximize and minimize window buttons would be in Windows.

Hope that helps.
I was looking on the wiki (http://ftbwiki.org/Not_Enough_Items) and noticed the list of 'Lesser Known Features' and under it was this;
  • Scroll up while hovering over an item in an inventory to effectively shift click one item at a time. (This is so much more amazing than it sounds, and it only gets better.)
  • Scroll down while hovering over an item in an inventory to fill it with an item from another inventory. (If you have planks in your inventory but need a couple more, just open a chest with planks, hover over the planks in your inventory, and scroll down! Fumbling with left and right clicks is for noobs!)
and I've fished through the settings for Inventory Tweaks and there is nothing I can find that changes this. I assume it's something I've done because it wasn't happening before hand and it happened today, so it wasn't the update.
Thanks for the help though.

stahscream

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking on the wiki (http://ftbwiki.org/Not_Enough_Items) and noticed the list of 'Lesser Known Features' and under it was this;
and I've fished through the settings for Inventory Tweaks and there is nothing I can find that changes this. I assume it's something I've done because it wasn't happening before hand and it happened today, so it wasn't the update.
Thanks for the help though.

I still can't locate how to re-enable the scroll wheel feature, last time I think it worked was in the 1.4.7 packs, but all that works now is holding CTRL + CLICK to move items in/out. Though I'm still on the hunt on how to re-enable that SCROLL to move the items.