New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Introducing new mod packs live for beta testing on the FTB Launcher. You can get the codes here

Iw7l2jC.png

FTB Unleashed is our new all purpose modpack. The latest news on the included mods can be found here.

4IXmLlZ.png

FTB Unhinged is a new modpack that has been built in consultation with GregT from gregtech. This is a more focused pack aimed at giving users a new kind of challenge. Mods in this pack have been set to hard mode.

The latest list of mods for Unhinged can be found here.

Finally

V2lCT5s.jpg

An all new modpack for 1.5.2 designed be the awesome Direwolf 20 based around his experiences on the Forgecraft server. A full list of mods for this pack can be found here.

These packs are currently all designed for use with Minecraft 1.5.2.

Mod pack updates to follow shortly

VerusAnimus

Jul 29, 2019
I am a little confused. I have a 1.5.2 .8 ngt server, at .9 we were going to change to wgt and start a new world. But from what I can tell, and I could be so wrong, but the wgt pack is turning into its own thing, and will not have all the mods it had in the .8 version? Or is the mod list just unfinished?

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
At first glance the DW pack looks the most fun for me I think. (after Iv'e added Reliquary)
Looking forward to the MFFS Iv'e not tried yet. Allthough the other is in the pack too.

Just noticed I will also have to add MPS addons.

Also, just because DW has a 1.5.2 pack doesn't mean he is going to use it in a lets play.

Reactions: AliveGhost

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Dire has stated his new season will be 1.6 via twitter[DOUBLEPOST=1374281527][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am a little confused. I have a 1.5.2 .8 ngt server, at .9 we were going to change to wgt and start a new world. But from what I can tell, and I could be so wrong, but the wgt pack is turning into its own thing, and will not have all the mods it had in the .8 version? Or is the mod list just unfinished?

Due to the way things have turned out, yes GT gets his own pack with his "vision" in mind, no it's unlikely you'll see the same mods there

Reactions: Flipz

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
No, dr shark doesn't allow his mod to be in modpacks besides from yogbox or whatever it was called.

He doesn't allow it to be distributed in a modpack... doesnt mean he cant download it and install it himself

VerusAnimus

Jul 29, 2019
Dire has stated his new season will be 1.6 via twitter[DOUBLEPOST=1374281527][/DOUBLEPOST]

Due to the way things have turned out, yes GT gets his own pack with his "vision" in mind, no it's unlikely you'll see the same mods there

Oh, well that's sad. We were going to add greg teck to add more choices to the server but cutting 20-30 mods for 1 mod just takes away.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Question about "FTB Unhinged" pack, is the pack made to give players a challenge or just make everything take longer/ more grind-y?
Asking because it mentions Gregtech which really only makes things take longer, but overall facilitates many things in general, just takes more time to make them.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Question about "FTB Unhinged" pack, is the pack made to give players a challenge or just make everything take longer/ more grind-y?
Asking because it mentions Gregtech which really only makes things take longer, but overall facilitates many things in general, just takes more time to make them.
As of the way Minecraft currently is, there is no way to make anything "harder" or "more challenging" since, believe it or not, there's no skill involved in MC. Not at all. Everytime someone says "harder" they mean, as you said, more "grind-y"

Status
Not open for further replies.