New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly but i grow tired of the constant map resets

Fortunately for me I get bored with the same old map and often look for an excuse to start over. Having all of my power figured out, my inventory sorted, etc., makes the game less fun for me. The scrambling to survive with no resources is the best part of the game - for me. Really, once I get my quarries going I kind of run out of things to use the resources for.

My last run-through I went with GregTech recipes and changes all enabled and that did add more to do but it seemed like I was just building one multi-block machine so that I could build another multi-block machine and once I had them I had no real use for them. I didn't really need the solar panels any longer after I could finally make them.

So, now it's Unleashed for me - going to dive into Tinker's Construct and this time finally slog through Thaumcraft.

Enjoy 1.4.7 - I, personally, can't wait to try out the new toys.

Bubbleo

Jul 29, 2019
Fortunately for me I get bored with the same old map and often look for an excuse to start over. Having all of my power figured out, my inventory sorted, etc., makes the game less fun for me. The scrambling to survive with no resources is the best part of the game - for me. Really, once I get my quarries going I kind of run out of things to use the resources for.

My last run-through I went with GregTech recipes and changes all enabled and that did add more to do but it seemed like I was just building one multi-block machine so that I could build another multi-block machine and once I had them I had no real use for them. I didn't really need the solar panels any longer after I could finally make them.

So, now it's Unleashed for me - going to dive into Tinker's Construct and this time finally slog through Thaumcraft.

Enjoy 1.4.7 - I, personally, can't wait to try out the new toys.

Personally I will enjoy 1.5.2 on a single player version but as for redoing my server that affects more than myself and the general consesus of what my members want it will stick with 1.4.7.

You obviously have never run a server with others to consider but yourself. So thanks for the snide remark and enjoy playing your game the way you wish to play it...Doesn't mean I have to enjoy it the way you tell me to nor should you enjoy a game the way i expect you to either.

Single player has the joys of never having to consider others and thats the beuaty of single player there is only you to worry about and consider, I wonder how many of my members on my server would stick by me if i continually reset a map without their input and simply reset worlds when it suited me.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Could we leave the condescending/snide/all round childish comments, or even the personality battles out of the tread, I'll be happy to make a topic for this if required, TIA.

Lord knows I've make enough of all the above in my time.

Reactions: Ashzification

ZoidbergMD

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's a bid said that there isn't a ultiamte pack anymore. I loved playing FTB with GregTech. But the Unleashed pack is to easy and there are not enough mode in the Unhinged pack :(

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's a bid said that there isn't a ultiamte pack anymore. I loved playing FTB with GregTech. But the Unleashed pack is to easy and there are not enough mode in the Unhinged pack :(

Add any mods you feel are missing to the /mods folder of the pack you feel need them, then from the launcher (edit mods) add the mods you just added to the folder, problem solved, as long as its fun for you its not wrong.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
That was not my point. I know nei isn't supposed to explain stuff. There is no wiki for any of the additions to the 152 from the 147 packs. I don't know what anything does.[DOUBLEPOST=1374414301][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess I would like to help do wikis if I got plugged in with someone who knew what stuff did. Natura? I got no idea. Biomes? No idea. Tinkers? No idea.

Actually, Tinker's Construct is the only mod I can think of that includes in game help. You should have a "Materials and You" book in your inventory when you start that explains things. When you craft any of the tables, you get another book, and yet another when you craft seared brick. It's a great mechanic that does exactly what you're looking for, and I definitely agree that other mods should do similar. Good luck with all the new mods! Feel free to post specific questions here or on the FTB subreddit (I'm more active there and try to help when I can).

ZoidbergMD

Jul 29, 2019
Add any mods you feel are missing to the /mods folder of the pack you feel need them

Yeah but its a loot of work for all players to add exactly the mod versions used on the server. In addition: Its not that easy to add a lot of mods, otherwise the large mods pack like FTB would be ready.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Oh & btw FTB any chance of reducing the size of the pack images on forum there a little too big, just mho, considering there stickies.

Bubbleo

Jul 29, 2019
Snide remark? Are you assuming sarcasm? I guess I can't prevent people getting their feelings hurt but I certainly didn't intend anything.

I think your mistaken for me to have my feelings hurt would entail me actually caring what you have to say. Was simply clarifying my point to your misguided representation of my quote. Maybe I was mistaken and should of stated SMP so you were not at all confused at what i was meaning my apologies for that oversight on my behalf.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
So... Has anyone tried using the current 1.5.2 versions of immibis Core, Microblocks and RedLogic with the Unleashed pack? Do they work well together?

ieldanth

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but its a loot of work for all players to add exactly the mod versions used on the server. In addition: Its not that easy to add a lot of mods, otherwise the large mods pack like FTB would be ready.

If you want to make a server with all those mods included, make a private pack. Yes, it's a lot more work for the server admin, but you get a customized experience among other benefits.

Haku

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping for an update towards the Ultimate pack considering it's the perfect blend of everything. Curious to what the difference between Direwolf20 for v1.5 and Ultimate is at this point, there are at least 20 new mods added to Direwolf20 in it's next update. I'm curious if the server I'm on will have have to bump back to Direwolf20 from Ultimate, but I'm not sure if it'd be compatible????? Too lazy to do a comparison!

I'd be interested in Unleashed considering it's got a whopping 70+ mods to it, but it's lacking essential things such as Rei's Minimap/Waypoints and some other great utilities. Though I saw that there are utilities in-game that you have to make yourself such as sonar goggles, etc. Smart. I know it's still beta though. xD

Thaumcraft textures aren't working from texture packs in anything v1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.