New Mod Packs ***Released***

Discussion in 'Modpack and Launcher News' started by slowpoke, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowpoke

slowpoke FTB Founder Team Member FTB Founder

Introducing new mod packs live for beta testing on the FTB Launcher. You can get the codes here

[​IMG]

FTB Unleashed is our new all purpose modpack. The latest news on the included mods can be found here.

[​IMG]
    FTB Unhinged is a new modpack that has been built in consultation with GregT from gregtech. This is a more focused pack aimed at giving users a new kind of challenge. Mods in this pack have been set to hard mode.

The latest list of mods for Unhinged can be found here.

Finally

[​IMG]

An all new modpack for 1.5.2 designed be the awesome Direwolf 20 based around his experiences on the Forgecraft server. A full list of mods for this pack can be found here.

These packs are currently all designed for use with Minecraft 1.5.2.

Mod pack updates to follow shortly
  2. Wyld

Wyld Well-Known Member

And so, it begins.
  3. Bellaabzug21

Bellaabzug21 Well-Known Member

Nice! I've been waiting for the 1.5 firewood pack forever! Glad it's finally coming out!
    NosePicker5555 likes this.
  4. NosePicker5555

NosePicker5555 Well-Known Member

5. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta Wiki Article Editor Wiki Team

The picture of Direwolf20 pack is awesome, and FTB Unleashed/Unhinged seem fun. I'll have to try 'em out.
    the_j485, Cman333, Riuga and 2 others like this.
  6. Virgoddess

Virgoddess Active Member

Thanks for the update.
  7. Jimieo

Jimieo New Member

8. VikeStep

VikeStep Official FTB Changelog Guy Changelog Team

Love the new packs! can't wait to play them
    NosePicker5555 likes this.
  9. xbony2

xbony2 Well-Known Member

But in dire's season finale, he was using 1.6 with the horses ;)
    hockey25fan likes this.
  10. VikeStep

he may have installed Mo Creatures or something like that (I didn't see it but he definitely wasn't using 1.6)
  11. Wyld

Wyld Well-Known Member

You will have to wait from Dire on news here. Do *not* read in too much though. Let him explain ;)
    Flipz and TurtleOfJackets like this.
  12. VerusAnimus

VerusAnimus New Member

I am a little confused. I have a 1.5.2 .8 ngt server, at .9 we were going to change to wgt and start a new world. But from what I can tell, and I could be so wrong, but the wgt pack is turning into its own thing, and will not have all the mods it had in the .8 version? Or is the mod list just unfinished?
  13. Molten

Molten Active Member

At first glance the DW pack looks the most fun for me I think. (after Iv'e added Reliquary)
    Looking forward to the MFFS Iv'e not tried yet. Allthough the other is in the pack too.

Just noticed I will also have to add MPS addons.

Also, just because DW has a 1.5.2 pack doesn't mean he is going to use it in a lets play.
    AliveGhost likes this.
  14. xbony2

xbony2 Well-Known Member

No, dr shark doesn't allow his mod to be in modpacks besides from yogbox or whatever it was called.
  15. Yosomith

Yosomith Active Member

Dire has stated his new season will be 1.6 via twitter
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 20, 2013 ---

Due to the way things have turned out, yes GT gets his own pack with his "vision" in mind, no it's unlikely you'll see the same mods there
    Flipz likes this.
  16. VikeStep

He doesn't allow it to be distributed in a modpack... doesnt mean he cant download it and install it himself
  17. Wyld

Wyld Well-Known Member

Unleashed = 152 NGT with a few tweaks.
    Unhinged = Hard mode tech pack with GT.
    Direwolf20 = Dire's vision of a pack suited to 1.5.2
    russjr08, Flipz, Riuga and 1 other person like this.
  18. VerusAnimus

VerusAnimus New Member

Oh, well that's sad. We were going to add greg teck to add more choices to the server but cutting 20-30 mods for 1 mod just takes away.
    SpitefulFox likes this.
  19. Yuka

Yuka Active Member

Question about "FTB Unhinged" pack, is the pack made to give players a challenge or just make everything take longer/ more grind-y?
    Asking because it mentions Gregtech which really only makes things take longer, but overall facilitates many things in general, just takes more time to make them.
  20. Moasseman

Moasseman Active Member

As of the way Minecraft currently is, there is no way to make anything "harder" or "more challenging" since, believe it or not, there's no skill involved in MC. Not at all. Everytime someone says "harder" they mean, as you said, more "grind-y"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.