New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixiboneheadixi

Jul 29, 2019
i just dont get why they wanted modpacks made forthem, if they dont like some of the mods why take them out, just odnt use them, makes no sense

Ray Herring

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just noticed, you guys spelt the jar file wrong. You have labelled the jar file as 'minecrack.jar', when it should be 'mindcrack.jar', Guude will have you for that one :)[DOUBLEPOST=1356303476][/DOUBLEPOST]
i just dont get why they wanted modpacks made forthem, if they dont like some of the mods why take them out, just odnt use them, makes no sense

The Mindrack guys will have paid for the privilege of having a modpack done for them, PAID!!

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
why are they having different packs anyway? why not only do unltimatepack wit hall mods and if you dont like part of a mod just dont use it

I think slight diffs too between packs, in the configs for each mod to enable certain recipes, and maybe even ore/worldgen tweaks.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I too am looking for a summary of the differences between the two packs, but lets be patient.

Its starting to look a lot like Christmas ... :)

HerbertIzMe

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack Client missing a few mods? Computer Craft, CC Turtle, and TC? all I am getting when connecting to a server.... Does not show up in mod list either?
But the server side version has them. Scratching my head.

What I am saying is, the server version HAS those mods, the client version does NOT. Trying to find out whether this is error or not.

So no one has the answer?

ixiboneheadixi

Jul 29, 2019
also within the modpack are there any pans to kind of merge mods together a bit? i mean the two types of power is kind of weird, and having blocks that do almost the same thing, and mods that use the same recipes or have same ores but are different, i mean is there plans to make FTB feel like a mod, rather than seperate mods .

Quostin

Jul 29, 2019

I just looked at the mods in the mod pack and in the game itself. Nothing seems to be missing like Computer Craft or Turtles...

Guude would be rather upset if CC wasn't in the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1356305395][/DOUBLEPOST]
also within the modpack are there any pans to kind of merge mods together a bit? i mean the two types of power is kind of weird, and having blocks that do almost the same thing, and mods that use the same recipes or have same ores but are different, i mean is there plans to make FTB feel like a mod, rather than seperate mods .

I believe with Red Power, there are three types of power.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I just looked at the mods in the mod pack and in the game itself. Nothing seems to be missing like Computer Craft or Turtles...

Guude would be rather upset if CC wasn't in the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1356305395][/DOUBLEPOST]

The missing CC was a Dropbox error where it did not download the correct zip file which we uploaded to our repo. It has been fixed already.

Sheant

Jul 29, 2019

I count at least 4:
  1. Industrialcraft: EU
  2. Buildcraft: MJ
  3. Redpower: V/A
  4. Factorization: Charge
But I've only ever used 2 of these, so I may be wrong....

thoyy

Jul 29, 2019
I count at least 4:
  1. Industrialcraft: EU
  2. Buildcraft: MJ
  3. Redpower: V/A
  4. Factorization: Charge
But I've only ever used 2 of these, so I may be wrong....
You lost MFFS: FE

Anyone know if Mysthcraft will be re-added soon on FTB 1.4.6 ?

Aalandriel

Jul 29, 2019

It seems that if you use the filter to only show 1.4.6 packs there are mods missing from the MindCrack Pack, but when viewing all packs, the mods are there.

When launching the pack from the filtered list, it uses the BetaA folder. So make sure to select the pack you want from the full list.

Toreishii

Jul 29, 2019
Tin and copper is so scarce in the Mindcrack modpack to the point it's frustrating. I ended having to edit configs to add IC2 generation.

maylith

Jul 29, 2019
You lost MFFS: FE

Anyone know if Mysthcraft will be re-added soon on FTB 1.4.6 ?

Mystcraft will be added as soon as the author finishes an update to 1.4.6. The author is on vacation but trying to code for us. He has run in to a snag which is why it is not out currently.

You can see his explanation here.[DOUBLEPOST=1356307236][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tin and copper is so scarce in the Mindcrack modpack to the point it's frustrating. I ended having to edit configs to add IC2 generation.

You have to be on the right level to mine it.....there is actually more of it than last time.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
To possibly respond to/summarize some of the questions/statements posed in this thread:
Mystcraft isn't updated to 1.4.6 yet, so it's not going to be any any mod yet, but it doesn't add World Gen (rather, it gens worlds :p), so it can be easily added later.
DW20 and the Ultimate Pack may well have many/most the same mods, but at the very least, the configs will be different; e.g. the MindCrack guys wanted ALL the GregTech settings to be defaulted to Hardmode, which Slowpoke said in his stream will not be the case for the TechPack.
EE3 IS updated to 1.4.6, but it's still very early Beta/late Alpha (and doesn't do much), and has no World Gen, so can be added *my assumption*. It can be easily added manually, however.
I certainly can't speak for Direwolf, but I'd assume he'll wan't to look over the pack before it's released, and I'm betting he's waiting for PortalGun.

Hopefully that helps some folks, now, I need to get digging!

Status
Not open for further replies.