NEI- can't get out of recipie mode.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
something happened this past weekend to which I can't be in survival mode and go into NEI options and use NEI cheat mode. Did I miss something, or did I mess something?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
not really... I only get recipes in both recipe and cheat modes....

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
If in single player - you have cheats disabled.

If in server play - you're not opped.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried going to the NEI global options and disabling the overrides.....it overrides the cheat option on most packs now....I think.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
hmm... guess I need to locate that nei config or something. grave yard or tomestone derped and instead of reserving my stuff, it didn't make a grave/tombstone. rather have all my loot laying on the ground then glitched out.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
It's a known fact that OpenBlocks graves are currently buggy at best.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My NEI started going bonkers a few days ago too, no idea what set it off.

I can work around it by clicking the "World" button at the top-right, then changing my inventory setting (to recipe, or cheat, or utility), then doing what I need to do. I need to click that button every time I want to change the inventory setting now.