Need help with powering an Industrial Centrifuge...

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Furious1964, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

basically...How is it powered? I placed an engine near it and it doesn't align and it doesn't power with a lever or LV Cable either. So what am I doing wrong?

2. SeniLiX

SeniLiX Active Member

Feed it with 32 EU and watch the magic happen ;)

3. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

How do I get that? I'm new to this and so far, batboxes and LV Transformers don't work. But MFE's do product a loud explosion. :(

4. SeniLiX

SeniLiX Active Member

5. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

I know about the wiring...but he didn't show HOW to get that industrial centrifuge working. As I said, I placed it right next to a batbox and nothing.

Question: How are the Silicon Cells made. The recipe says I have to use Lapis Lazuli and empty Cells, but nothing happens. When I replaced the Lapis with Sand, then the machine started. Is the recipe wrong?

6. SeniLiX

SeniLiX Active Member

Reading from NEI recipes here there are 7 ways to make Silicon cells in an Industrial centrifuge:

22 empty cells + 59 Lazurite dust = 6 Silicon cells
    8 empty cells + 23 Sodalite dust = 3 Silicon cells
    18 empty cells + 29 Emerald dust = 6 Silicon cells
    27 empty cells + 64 Redstone dust = 27 Silicon cells
    2 empty cells + 32 sand = 1 Silicon cell
    2 empty cells + 8 flint dust = 1 Silicon cell
    2 empty cells + 4 clay dust = 1 Silicon cell

7. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

How do you make the Lazulite Dust? I placed Lapis Lazuli into the Industrial Centrifuge and nothing happens.

8. noskk

noskk Active Member

To make sure the Centrifuge works, put a batbox (32 eu/t) next to this Industrial Centrifuge; make sure the batbox output direction is to the centrifuge ..

9. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

I have sand an empty cells in it and it's working...but it doesn't work when I just place Lapis Lazuli in the Industrial Centrifuge. Does it take a very long time to get?

10. noskk

noskk Active Member

I usually use 64 redstone dusts and 26 empty cells to make silicon cells; and you need both empty cells and lapis lazulli to make it works.

I don't remember the time needed to process; you can find that information in either NEI or from the GregTech Computer Cube (press the M button at top right corner of the GUI); and yes it usually need a long time to process, just leave it there, but make sure you have enough eu..

11. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

I just set the machines in a test world and it runs with sand and redstone dust. But it won't even move when I place lapis. I'll wait a while to see if it does anything.

NVM: had to place a full stack of it to make it work. The GUI of the machines should have text that says "Not Enough Minerals!".

12. noskk

noskk Active Member

Sorry, not lapis lazulli; should be its dust; lazurite dust, and only works in Industrial electrolyzer (need 128 eu/t).. so your best bet is to use redstone dusts, besides you will need the ruby dust later to make chrome; just find all the recipes needed in the NEI ..

13. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

How do you make steel and aluminum?

14. noskk

noskk Active Member

@ FTB (1.4.2): Steel is from Railcraft's Blast Furnace; Aluminium is from centrifuging Bauxite dusts (found in plains and forests biome) and then smelting it (vanilla furnace)..

@ 1.4.5 (latest version): Steel is from tier 1 Industrial Blast Furnace (34 standard machine casings) or from Railcraft's Blast Furnace; Aluminium is the same from bauxite, but the dust needs Industrial Blast Furnace tier 2 (9 Reinforced casings+25 standard casings) or Railcraft's Blast Furnace to smelt..

15. portablejim

portablejim Well-Known Member Mod Developer

Or use XyCraft (aluminium/aluminum ore spawns in world, will be in the 1.4.5 FTB modpack).

16. noskk

noskk Active Member

I heard the aluminum from XyCraft is not even registered in the forge ore dict, or at east it is not compatible with aluminium from GregTech; so I don't think that's an option..Besides you don't really need other source of it since you will get A LOT of bauxite if you mine at the correct biomes..

17. portablejim

portablejim Well-Known Member Mod Developer

You may be able to macerate the aluminum (gotten from smelting aluminum ore) to the aluminum dust (gregtech), at least with the FTB configs + default xycraft configs. The amount of bauxite and aluminum is about the same though, so I guess it is best to use the bauxite.

18. noskk

noskk Active Member

Well, idk.. not using XyCraft atm.. and I thought Soaryn decided not to have any compatibility with GregTech until he completes XyCraft... that's cool then..

19. Furious1964

Furious1964 Member

Thanks for the help. One more question: how do I move barrels? Do I need a specific tool?

20. Mikey_R

Mikey_R Active Member

You can break them and have everything spill out on the floor, or I believe you can use a Portal Gun to move them and keeping the insides inside.