Mystcraft Book Writing Guide 1.4.7 ONLY

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think about the new Mystcraft Writing System?

• Love It!

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • Like it.

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • Don't Like It.

Votes: 44 18.8%
  • Meh. (Indifferent)

Votes: 38 16.2%

• Total voters

potter

Jul 29, 2019
If you got fire swamp, you probably generated dimension 7 which is what the twilight forest uses.
I'm guessing it just reroutes normal biomes to its twilight counterparts.

I'm thinking you'll probably crash if you venture into the twilight forest now. You can however switch its dimension number in the config

requiemmc

Jul 29, 2019
As far as i know you can only get the End biome which is called "sky" if you use a creative notebook (the one that comes pre filled.)

When you kill the ender dragon you even get the portal and the dragon egg.

but the portal sends you to the End instead of the overworld.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I didn't know that the End Biome Page did that! XCompWiz should make it so that the Portal leads to the overworld.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What he should do is add some bosses. That'd be awesome! It'd deviate from OG Mystcraft just a tad, but, if you make a certain age, it comes out as part of a story. Like some kind of RPG/Storyline. But only if you make the certain age with all the required items, which wouldn't be terribly hard to do if he makes sure it isn't. ;)

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
What he should do is add some bosses. That'd be awesome! It'd deviate from OG Mystcraft just a tad, but, if you make a certain age, it comes out as part of a story. Like some kind of RPG/Storyline. But only if you make the certain age with all the required items, which wouldn't be terribly hard to do if he makes sure it isn't. ;)

I barely remember those games, but they were mostly puzzle-solving. It doesn't need puzzles but if it had them it wouldn't be a bad thing, and if Cthulhu happened to be chilling out in one of these Ages it wouldn't be THAT big a genre shift.

Maybe something like an invincible version of Mr. Wither as one form of instability? Something that can be outsmarted, but never killed. I think that would fit right in.

FYI it is mostly compatible with Chocolate Quest if you have only vanilla biomes if you must have bosses right now.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my Mystcraft stable text file:
Stable Requirements:

1) Biome controller (Single)
1a) Biomes (Lots of choices)
2) Sun Symbol (Normal)
3) Moon Symbol (Dark)
4) Stars Symbol (Ender)
5) Lighting Symbol (Dark)
6) Weather Symbol (Fast)
7) Terrain Symbol (Standard)

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019
I have the following as a Mystcraft book. I thought I hit everything I needed to, but I ended up with some instability.

1) Desert Biome, Extreme Hills Biome, Ocean Biome, Plains Biome
2) Tiny Biomes
3) Standard Terrain
4) Standard Lighting
5) Star Fissure, Dungeons, Villages, Ravines
6) White, Cyan, Normal Stars, Clear Modifiers
7) Setting, North, Half Length, Normal Moon, Clear Modifiers
8) Zero Length, Setting, Noon, Noon, Normal Sun, Clear Modifiers
9) White, Red, Cloud Color, Clear Modifiers
10) Yellow, White, Gradient, White, Gradient, Sky Color, Clear Modifiers (I think this might be the part that gave it to me as the sky does not change between colors as I wanted it to)

Anybody know why I got Slowness II for this age?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I barely remember those games, but they were mostly puzzle-solving. It doesn't need puzzles but if it had them it wouldn't be a bad thing, and if Cthulhu happened to be chilling out in one of these Ages it wouldn't be THAT big a genre shift.

Maybe something like an invincible version of Mr. Wither as one form of instability? Something that can be outsmarted, but never killed. I think that would fit right in.

FYI it is mostly compatible with Chocolate Quest if you have only vanilla biomes if you must have bosses right now.
An invincible wither would be very cool. You'd have to build around it or set up some cobble gens to build it back up.
That's the kind of boss I would like, though there's no easy "reward".

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
Going absolutely insane here.. I've followed pretty much every "put the pages in this order", and I cannot get this age to generate with no instability. The closest I got was a world that had all the features I put in it, but also a lot of instability. Mining Fatigue 4, spontaneous explosions, and red decay all over the place. The only thing I can think is that maybe the "Diamond Ore" page adds instability on its own? This is what I have, in this exact order:

Code:
Huge Biomes, Wasteland Biome, Mushroom Island Biome, Mushrooms Biome, Noon, Zero Length, Normal Sun, Clear Modifiers, Normal Moon, Green, Normal Stars, Clear Modifiers, Standard Lighting, Flat, Diamond Ore, Tendrils, Clear Modifiers, No Weather, Star Fissure, Clear Modifiers

Whyyyy is this not working? I mean, red decay, mining fatigue AND spontaneous explosions is a LOT of instability for something that looks written fine.
I made a second world, and it didn't have any colored decay, but it had nausea, mining fatigue and hunger debuffs, as well as spontaneous explosions. Here was the order for this one:

Code:
Wasteland Biome, Mushroom Island Biome, Mushrooms Biome, Huge Biomes, Flat, Noon, Zero Length, Normal Sun, Rising, Zero Length, Normal Moon, Normal Stars, No Weather, Standard Lighting, Star Fissure, Diamond Ore, Tendrils, Clear Modifiers

Both of these worlds actually generated as I wanted them, just with a lot of instability. No other configuration that I've tried (and I've tried a lot) has come out generating right.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
diamond ore has built in instability, you can reduce instability by adding dangerous features such as scorched earth to counter it

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
I have no problems with instability, but instead, I can never get the world I want to generate!
The age I want:
Extreme Hills
Standard Terrain Gen
Sun
Full Length
Moon
Full Length
Dark Stars
No Weather
Standard Lighting
Clear Modifiers

I set all of this up, and then I get an age completely unrelated to the one I'd like. From my 4th try at this, I got a Alpine and Birch forest mix. Earlier, I had a checkerboard pattern. Where did I go wrong?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Extreme Hills, Single Biome, Standard Terrain Generation, Full Length, Normal Sun, Full Length, Normal Moon, Dark Stars, No Weather, Standard Lighting, Clear Modifiers. Follow my instructions to the letter. You need a biome controller after your biomes. If there is no biome controller, Clear Modifiers will erase the Biome Page. THen you can get completely random stuff. Just follow my instructions, and you will be fine.

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Extreme Hills, Single Biome, Standard Terrain Generation, Full Length, Normal Sun, Full Length, Normal Moon, Dark Stars, No Weather, Standard Lighting, Clear Modifiers. Follow my instructions to the letter. You need a biome controller after your biomes. If there is no biome controller, Clear Modifiers will erase the Biome Page. THen you can get completely random stuff. Just follow my instructions, and you will be fine.
Alright, so I don't know how I forgot Single Biomes, but when I added that to a new book I got a hell age instead.
Here's what I have:
Extreme Hills Biome
Single Biome
Standard Terrain Gen
Normal Sun
Full Length
Normal Moon
Full Length
Dark Stars
No Weather
Standard Lighting
Clear Modifiers