Mystcraft Book Writing Guide 1.4.7 ONLY

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think about the new Mystcraft Writing System?

• Love It!

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • Like it.

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • Don't Like It.

Votes: 44 18.8%
  • Meh. (Indifferent)

Votes: 38 16.2%

• Total voters

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hmm. I just created that Age exactly as you wrote it in my test world, and it generated with no instability.

As a personal thing, I tend to write the Sun out as Zero Length, Noon, Sun, but I don't think it matters. And specifying Full Length with the Moon is unnecessary, but that definitely doesn't add instability.

Edit: Ok, checked it twice, generated two ages with the pages laid out as you specified, no instability. Check your book, you can turn the pages if you click the bottom right, so double check your logic.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Let me see, you have the biomes, the terrain, lighting, sky color, Celestial bodies, weather, sky colors are not necessary, fog colors are not necessary, but try putting in fog color also. If it doesn't work, I don't know. I've made many ages with this structure, all stable. Try adding fog colors next.

Hmm. I just created that Age exactly as you wrote it in my test world, and it generated with no instability.

As a personal thing, I tend to write the Sun out as Zero Length, Noon, Sun, but I don't think it matters. And specifying Full Length with the Moon is unnecessary, but that definitely doesn't add instability.

Edit: Ok, checked it twice, generated two ages with the pages laid out as you specified, no instability. Check your book, you can turn the pages if you click the bottom right, so double check your logic.

After trying a few more times with the exact same pages and order, I finally got it to work. The first two times I once again got instability, then on the third it was perfectly stable. After that, I did it once more, and it was again stable. No idea what was going on. I made sure to double check the pages and the order every single time and I'm sure they were the same every time I've tried it. Could it be that even if the pages you use should in theory create a stable age, there is a random chance that instability will be added anyway? I don't know, that's my best guess.

Thanks to both of you for the help. :)

One more question if any of you knows: how does the End page work exactly? Would I be correct to assume it's a feature, just like villages, crystals etc.? But then how would you use it? Do you select whatever biome(s) you want, then just add the End page and you end up with something similar to the End dimension?

Wondering because I just found it in one of those libraries, but I have no idea how to use it... This mod could definitely use an in-game item like the Thaumonomicon or the Apiarist's Database for instructions and hints about what each page does, and how to write stable ages.

EDIT:
Nevermind, ignore the question. End is for midnight, not the End dimension. That's so...obvious? Heh :rolleyes:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
After trying a few more times with the exact same pages and order, I finally got it to work. The first two times I once again got instability, then on the third it was perfectly stable. After that, I did it once more, and it was again stable. No idea what was going on. I made sure to double check the pages and the order every single time and I'm sure they were the same every time I've tried it. Could it be that even if the pages you use should in theory create a stable age, there is a random chance that instability will be added anyway? I don't know, that's my best guess.

Thanks to both of you for the help. :)

One more question if any of you knows: how does the End page work exactly? Would I be correct to assume it's a feature, just like villages, crystals etc.? But then how would you use it? Do you select whatever biome(s) you want, then just add the End page and you end up with something similar to the End dimension?

Wondering because I just found it in one of those libraries, but I have no idea how to use it... This mod could definitely use an in-game item like the Thaumonomicon or the Apiarist's Database for instructions and hints about what each page does, and how to write stable ages.

EDIT:
Nevermind, ignore the question. End is for midnight, not the End dimension. That's so...obvious? Heh :rolleyes:
Yeah, there is a separate terrain page that makes an End type Age, End World I believe. You will also need the End Stone modifier symbol, as all terrain gen defaults to Stone otherwise. Not sure if it comes packed full of Endermen or not. I know you don't get an Enderdragon that way. There is a biome called Sky Biome that might generate the dragon, you just can't find it in Survival, only creative.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Has anyone tried creating a new world, and (cheating) immediately creating an exact clone of it? Native biomes, standard everything, then edit the seed, delete the world data if you already visited it, and then jump into it. You should get two identical landscapes, but do you get the same villages, dungeons, volcanoes etc.? Would be a fun idea for a server, everyone gets an identical world, race to be the first person to get X achievement! (Quantum Suit, Kill Ender Dragon, Kill Wither, etc.)

How to copy Mystcraft worlds.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, thanks Phantom! I was looking for the Midnight Page. I will add that to my guide next. Also, jumpfight, does that Mystcraft SMP bug with Ultimate work with LAN Servers?

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
You were missing your biome controler. I presume 'Tiled' is ment to be there. Standard terrain is the terrain controler (also needed) not a biome controler. If you use tiny/huge biomes e.t.c you would also need a 3rd biome.

Even then you need to throw a clear modifyers on the end for a 100% chance of stable due to a bug.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there is a separate terrain page that makes an End type Age, End World I believe. You will also need the End Stone modifier symbol, as all terrain gen defaults to Stone otherwise. Not sure if it comes packed full of Endermen or not. I know you don't get an Enderdragon that way. There is a biome called Sky Biome that might generate the dragon, you just can't find it in Survival, only creative.

Ah, I see. It probably does come packed full of Endermen. I have the Hell Biome page and what it does if used with Standard Terrain is it generates a world identical to the Overworld (plains and hills) but with Nether mobs spawning instead. Which by the way makes for an excellent and much easier way to farm Ghasts and Magma Cubes for soul shards, as first there's no lava all over the place, Magma Cubes stand out a lot better against a green landscape rather than dark red, and also, those annoying fire bats don't seem to spawn there at all for some reason.

So yeah, I'm assuming it's the same for the End. Too bad you can't get the dragon though, I could use another egg. =\

Oh, thanks Phantom! I was looking for the Midnight Page. I will add that to my guide next. Also, jumpfight, does that Mystcraft SMP bug with Ultimate work with LAN Servers?

Yeah, Rising / Noon / Setting are pretty clear as to what they refer to, not sure why Midnight would be called 'End', which in Minecraft is usually associated with the End dimension.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I got the end world page before we had killed the ender Dragon, so made a world to check it out. Structurally it's like the end, but I think it had grass and stuff on it, and the mobs were normal. I still haven't got enough pages to make stable worlds, so haven't tried it again, but just wanted to let folks know it doesn't give you only endermen, just the same mobs you get in the overworld.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Derp I don't know, I never used one, it's only for SSP in ultimate. I suggest you research this further as you've made a guide that willl frustrate many SSP players (they did something wrong, you did something wrong, people won't be happy). Just make sure to have a disclaimer and some kind of fix.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm guessing "Enemy Regeneration" depicts mobs (even passive ones) with the pink spirals (not sure how to describe it) surrounding them? I figured my mining world had some sort of instability, but couldn't figure out what it was. It's always noon, so if this is all it is, that's close enough to stable for me =)

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm guessing "Enemy Regeneration" depicts mobs (even passive ones) with the pink spirals (not sure how to describe it) surrounding them? I figured my mining world had some sort of instability, but couldn't figure out what it was. It's always noon, so if this is all it is, that's close enough to stable for me =)
Elusive sheep regen as example. Sheep2.jpg

JerryMac

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much got exactly the age and options we were looking for :D

did have one weird error
creating a void age, selected plains biome as a single biome and it created a fire swamp biome for some reason