Multi-farm question

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Scryptt, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Scryptt

Scryptt New Member

I'be been messing around with the new forestry farms, and so far I like them. I just made my first manual one and am having some trouble with getting it to work. I've got melons, cactus, and reed planted but they never get harvested, and I can't find much info out there. So was hoping that somebody could clue me in on what i'm missing or doing wrong.

2. Abdiel

Abdiel Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell what you're missing when you don't mention anything about what you've done. A screenshot would help too while you're at it.

3. tehBlobLord

tehBlobLord Well-Known Member

From what little I know, you have to manually collect the manual ones (hence the name)

4. Check out this and this. Hope it helps.

5. zilvarwolf

zilvarwolf Well-Known Member

Has anyone else experienced a problem where they are unable to insert electron tubes into a circuit board larger than the basic one? Every time I tried, the tube would just vanish.

I probably wasted 50 of various ingots trying different combinations with different boards.

6. MilConDoin

MilConDoin The Bee-Whisperer

First add the tubes, then the board. This should help.
    You could also update Forestry. The bug was fixed in one of the newer version.

7. zilvarwolf

zilvarwolf Well-Known Member

awesome, thanks

8. Setari

Setari Member

But to see the board's input slots, you have to put the board into the tool (forgot what it's called) first?

Also I have a manual farm and all I read on the forestry wiki was that you just place dirt manually and plant your saplings manually. That's it.

9. slay_mithos

slay_mithos Well-Known Member

Not quite.

There are multiple functions, covering almost everything the old farms could do, plus some more.

The way it works is with circuit boards, each tube give different "farm", and there is manual and automated sorts.

"Orchard" is for a manual one where you plant your trees, and it will only harvest the fruits, over and over again.

There is also the old tree farm that place the special dirt, plant sapplings, and cut the grown trees.

You also have to tell it where it can do its stuff, by placing the bricks to form a plane.

My post is confusing, so I recommend you watch the mod spotlight that Direwolf20 made for it, it explains rather well all that new stuff.

10. Spikednate12

Spikednate12 Member

If you put the tubes in a soldering iron, the use the arrows to scroll from the electrical engine to the farms you can see what each tube will do, then add tubes of choice, input board of choice, boom, you have your desired board