Mr Antice entertains the beast.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Hiya.
It's that time again.
That tingly time when fraps starts itching to get out of the dark corners of the start menu,
Windows live movie maker starts wimpering like an abused dog. And the youtubes starts quivering in anticipation of it's next victim.
We all know what this means. it's Let's play time.

So without any further ado, let me introduce you to my first 3 episodes of my brand new FTB-mindcrack edition LP.

Had your fill yet? No? Wait, there is some desert for you too.
I call it, Contrapting the contraptions.
It works like this, You request a contraption, and I build and demo a basic working version of it.
Once it's done, You get to critique it, and make suggestions for improvement.
If enough good suggestions are made, I will then make the new improved contraption, (with credit given where due ofc).
If enough people want it, I'l also make a how to build it video of any contraption sufficiently complex to warrant it.
This is ofc all dependent on your inputs, so please either send me a PM, or post a comment below either here or on one of my yt vids, and I'l get cracking on making contraptions for ya.

Cheers. MrAntice

Reactions: jumpfight5

Hawk Weisman

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to design a grinder for my tier 5 blaze spawner, but I keep having trouble either with the killing mechanism not working or blazes spawning outside the grinder. I'd like to use water for both a killing system and a blaze rod collection system. Ideally, the water would drain from the centre of the grinder into a transposer that ingests the blaze rods to my tube network. I'd love to see your take on that.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to design a grinder for my tier 5 blaze spawner, but I keep having trouble either with the killing mechanism not working or blazes spawning outside the grinder. I'd like to use water for both a killing system and a blaze rod collection system. Ideally, the water would drain from the centre of the grinder into a transposer that ingests the blaze rods to my tube network. I'd love to see your take on that.

Indeed. That is within my abilities to do.
I will get right on it in fact, since my playtime for today just started.
I'l post it here once it's done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 4 is ready for everyone's enjoyment.

All constructive feedback is welcome as always.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Well, Here is the result. Hope it helps.

The slowest part was to get the thing uploaded to youtube. that is why I try to keep these vids as short as possible.
The high res version might take a few minutes more of processing on youtubes end, but it will be in 720p once that is done.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Danke.

I assume the same trap design would work equally well for endermen?

Oh Gods. NO. don't even try it unless you fancy endermen all over your base pilfering your blocks.

Endermen will teleport the second they hit the water. killing endermen requires a killing method that does not trigger their teleport escape behaviour.
And you are likely to still get some random teleports even then.

I haven't made one of those before, so if i give it a whirl, it will take some time. I need to figure out all of the quirks about endermen teleport abilities, and how to reliably block them from escaping.
A drop trap is doable tho. but they are pretty big as far as volume goes.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Glad I asked, then!

Well. I've been doing some experiments on the endermen, and going by what others have been saying about farming them, i think i have a way to make an efficient overworld farm with the ender soul shard.
Just a few minor details to work out to make it a bit more efficient.

Chaosoul

Jul 29, 2019
Something I would to see is a quick ghast grinder. I do need ghast tears and managed to get a tier 4 shard but have no idea how to set one up.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Something I would to see is a quick ghast grinder. I do need ghast tears and managed to get a tier 4 shard but have no idea how to set one up.

I already have one actually.
It uses portalgun pellet launchers as killing mechanism, but those portalgun turrets works too.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
A quick update on the enderman grinder.
It seems that anywhere not entirely covered by ocean for at least 32 blocks in every direction is a no go if one wants to avoid escapees. I tested from the top of the world and down to ground below ocean level. (flatworld creative) they are still capable of teleporting down to solid ground from up there, so in the current mc version at least, i think we need to assume that enderman teleport ability is infinite on the y axis. testing this out properly took a while, hence the delay at getting a working example going sooner.

I might make 3 version, one cheap inefficient suffocation design where only random teleporting leads to escapees, this one is semi safe to build inland since most of them will die before they try to teleport, and 2 versions of the efficient kind. those will require either being built in the end/mystcraft void age, or out at sea.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
As promised. tonights version of the ender ender is live. this is the compact "overworld" version. it trades item drop efficiency for compactness, and ability to be built just about anywhere.

I have to admit, that this is not exactly an original design. I don't know who came up with the quicksand drowning method first unfortunately, so no credit has been added to it.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Finally i found a decent way to get an efficient Ender ender going that does not require a huge ass drop tower. (42 blocks drop height. sheesh. that's an eyesore)
Without further ado, here it is:

This one is made in FTB ultimate. I just love some of the mods added in Ultimate, so i am considering scrapping my current world and go for a new one in ultimate instead.
I'd love to get some input on that however, so I've just put the LP on hold and will concentrate on making some new cool contraptions instead until then.
I've got quite a few nice ideas in my head right now.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
This system could be automated very easily by means of a melee turtle, I think.

indeed. just put some brains around the perimeter of the killing pit, then have the turtles whack away at the endermen feet once a redstone signal is given. the main problem with that, is that this xp farm will overflow with endermen unless the killing is done swiftly. that is solved by adding more turtles ofc... but. turtles are a bit too aggressive. they will hurt the player as well. I guess some LUA code mage can code one to ignore the player or something, but that is way beyond my coding abilities. I prefer to make complex hardware rather than complex code.

There is also the issue with brains being capped at 30 levels.... I guess one needs to make some kind of machine to move brains in and out of the XP collection area to prevent the XP from flooding the entire setup. I have no idea how much XP a XP turtle can hold.

I did some testing with the sword of the zephyr tho, and i found that by the time i had collected all the xp flying around, and enchanting a book, there would be almsot enough endermen for another 30 levels. the main drawback was that when killing a lot of endermen at once with the sword, the flux levels would skyrocket like mad. don't build it without a pure node nearby. a BIG one at that. :eek:

My poor contraption world is flooded with wisps now. :oops:

Chaosoul

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty cool on the ghast grinder but here's a challenge! Can you make a grinder for those Carminite Ghastlings? Their spawners are quite common in dark towers from twilight forests. They're the small ghasts that have WIP written on them atm. It be great if you could think of a design for them.