Most ridiculous power supply

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Steve Carts 2 also has a lawnmower attachment now to collect flowers and grass ;)

true, but I haven't really used steve's carts lately, so I haven't played with the lawnmower yet... plus, a steve's cart still requires rails to be able to go around, and rails would decrease the number of spaces flowers could spawn on

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know which of these is correct?

1) When a bee has a chance to plant a flower, it will try every spot in its territory and always plant a flower if there's even one spot where it can be planted.
2) When a bee has a chance to plant a flower, it will try one spot and if the spot is not valid it will not plant a flower until the chance is triggered again.
3) Other?

In the first scenario, having rails in some of the spots wouldn't really matter, as long as your harvester keeps one free space for planting a flower at all times. I still wouldn't use Steve's Carts though. Too much work.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
According to http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Pollination, "gui.maximum" pollination bees have a 99% chance to plant a new flower. I assume that's per bee tick (27.5 (?) seconds). But since Aura Bees are kind of "end gamey" you'd probably only have a 25% chance (from Industrious bees) at best (I would always breed Aura bees before any of the relatively useless bees that have between "Fast" and "Maximum" Pollination, except Windy obviously, but you could pick up Rural or Monastic for a slight boost fairly easily I guess). The "Fast" speed should give about 1 flower every ~110 seconds per working queen.

What I would do is just throw down an upgraded Harvester. I assume flowers in pots are safe from it, but they still allow your bees to work. I might actually try this some time. If it works alright I can spend less time on early power generation and more time on bees. :)
I was wondering if pollination also affected 'flower planting'! I asked the "Simple Question" thread but never got an answer, glad to see my reasoning was indeed correct! ^w^
A potted flower works for the bees too? Good to know! ^^

Hm. Now I have a question. Is there anything that can autocraft in a 1x1 pattern anything that goes into it? Or will I need to use either an extractor, or an autocrafter for each dye?
Dartcraft's Force Transport Pipe, maybe?
Or program into an ME Assembler and have it keep something stocked with several of each dye with an export bus?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything that can autocraft in a 1x1 pattern anything that goes into it? Or will I need to use either an extractor, or an autocrafter for each dye?

A Crafty Turtle should be able to via turtle.craft()

Here's a sample *untested* Lua script that gives the basic idea. It assumes input chest/inventory is above it and output chest/inventory is below it.

Code:
while ( 1 ) do
  turtle.select( 1 )
  turtle.suckUp()
  turtle.select( 16 )
  turtle.craft()
  turtle.select( 16 )
  while turtle.getItemCount( 16 ) > 0 do
    turtle.dropDown()
  end
end

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Also note that bees with the 'Cave' trait can be placed completely and just directly beneath the flowering area and they will plant flowers. Otherwise, you can 'float' the alveary/apiary in the air and the bees will plant beneath it (in the shade). I believe the maximum territory is 12 on the y axis (vertical direction), which is 6 in each direction, which gives a lot of flexibility for vertical placement. For an Alveary, I don't know if the central point is the center block of the Alveary or some other spot.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Now I have a question. Is there anything that can autocraft in a 1x1 pattern anything that goes into it? Or will I need to use either an extractor, or an autocrafter for each dye?

The electric crafting table from GregTech will do this.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Does this count as ridiculous?
4Gplt.png

This is actually a great early power supply in Resonant Rise, which has a mod that makes redstone much more common, and if you have mining turtles set up.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot that you could do that with redstone. I normally never had enough redstone that i never could waste it on something like this.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot that you could do that with redstone. I normally never had enough redstone that i never could waste it on something like this.
Hmm, tier 5 witch soul shard + bat boxes... Too bad you can't burn glowstone dust.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Does this count as ridiculous?
4Gplt.png

This is actually a great early power supply in Resonant Rise, which has a mod that makes redstone much more common, and if you have mining turtles set up.

I do that early game, actually. If you go mining at the lower levels and get a bunch of redstone but you lack metals, then you can just build a single batbox and get all your energy from a hopper moving a bunch of redstone from a chest into a batbox.

Likewise, if you have a bunch of metal but lack redstone and still want to be idiotically awesome, single use batteries as stated by Harvest88 are a good alternative.

Reactions: immibis

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I say use water for all the power! Water mills, Mekanism hydrogen generators, annnnd...why not throw in some hydrogen, too? Incidentally, how much hydrogen would it take to run a liquid 36LP steam boiler from cold to max temp, and how much to sustain it once its at max? Yes, I want to use the fuel that's even more inconsequential in terms of heat than creosote. Because...well, why not?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
4LsUA.jpg

More ridiculous IC2 power! In the middle of that blob of dirt are some windmills... because Thunderdark got the obstruction test backwards and now windmills require obstructions to work.

Edit: Also, they're at Y ~175 because there's a separate bug that stops windmills from working at all if they produce more than 5 EU/t.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
4LsUA.jpg

More ridiculous IC2 power! In the middle of that blob of dirt are some windmills... because Thunderdark got the obstruction test backwards and now windmills require obstructions to work.

well, it sure fits the "most ridiculous" part of the topic :p