More efficient/completely safe nuclear reactor setups?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yea, Condensators are made of fail. If you try to make the claim that you can just make lapis with UUM, you will rapidly find out that it will cost you more EU to make the lapis than you make from the reactor, ending up in a net sum loss of energy, plus the added risk of explosion due to automation failure.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Condensators are only viable if you have bees to make lapis. There's no other way you can get them fast enough (aside from running a bunch of quarries). CRCS is better (no running costs), though the startup costs are pretty big. Not to mention I still haven't been able to automate them.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
to guys talking condensators: this is for designs that don't turn into nuclear warheads when your computer decides to hiccup at the wrong time.
no condensators please.
only running costs should be the materials for double/quad cells if used.

if I want a totally ridiculous power output, ill put together a fusion plant.

oh, and "stick it in the middle of your base" really?
ill be putting this either in a separate building or a deep basement level.
I don't appreciate my base being turned into a crater, taking everything with it.
if I want to start over, I can do that from the main menu.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
to guys talking condensators: this is for designs that don't turn into nuclear warheads when your computer decides to hiccup at the wrong time.
no condensators please.
only running costs should be the materials for double/quad cells if used.

if I want a totally ridiculous power output, ill put together a fusion plant.

oh, and "stick it in the middle of your base" really?
ill be putting this either in a separate building or a deep basement level.
I don't appreciate my base being turned into a crater, taking everything with it.
if I want to start over, I can do that from the main menu.
This isn't your thread, don't tell people what they can & can't post in it. If someone has a completely safe condensator setup, they can post it here. I had a completely safe condensator setup in my last world that ran without any problems at all (unfortunately I had to abandon it for other reasons).

However, I would agree with not putting it in the middle of your base, unless you surround it with blast-resistant blocks (just to be on the safe side).

Spyke

Jul 29, 2019
Hello kind sirs,

I recently started experimenting with reactors. My objectives were :
  • Efficiency ;
  • 4-chamber reactor(s) ;
  • Minimal running costs.
My experiments told me that efficiency couldn't be achieved trought single uranium cells (feel free to correct me). But I think I managed to do something quite good through 4-chambers quad uranium and reflectors. I'm unsatisfiedby the output, but its scalability compensates.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...pxbtya6ws0ik52rxycyklvqov7s9updy4woa2nome5erk

- Eff. 7, Overall 6,46
- 28 MEU @ 140 EU/t, Overall 129,1 EU/t
- Running cost 12 UU

Easy automation.

Last edited:

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Thread locked. This is a very old thread. If you need to ask a question, please start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.