[Monster] Looking for some plugins!

n0mad

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings everyone!

I want to begin with saying that I'm not sure whether this is the right section for this, and I apologize if it's not, I'm pretty new here. I've come here today in search of answers to some of the following questions. I've recently hosted a monster server for me and my buddies, however, since it was started I've had problems which have gone unfixed. Hopefully you guys can bring to light some of the solutions to my problems, and help improve the server.

Q: When I'm installing plugins for my server, am I restricted to the plugins that were released for 1.6.4, and nothing else?

Q: What are some good mods for tracking blocks, and items? I have a few 'limiting' rules applied on some blocks which I cannot actually track via logs. Things like: Max chunkloader distance, max amount of quarries, and so on.

Q: What are some good grief protection mods, and usergroup/permission mods?

The reason why I'm asking these very very dull, and easily answered, questions is because I'm having a HUGE issue with installing plugins. I have 3 plugins right now, essentials, lwc, and playerheads These three addons out of the 10's I've tried are the only one that do not give me the error:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

or "Connection Reset"

I'm really looking for plugins that people actively use on their monsters server that they know work. I'm running out of time to make this post. If you have any questions about some of the errors I get, or in specifics of what I'm trying to ask, go ahead and ask. Thank you!

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
When I'm installing plugins for my server, am I restricted to the plugins that were released for 1.6.4, and nothing else?

Kinda, some plugins might work. Though it is recommend you use plugins designed for 1.6.4. If your unsure send me the link of the plugin and i will test it for you.

What are some good mods for tracking blocks, and items? I have a few 'limiting' rules applied on some blocks which I cannot actually track via logs. Things like: Max chunkloader distance, max amount of quarries, and so on.

I wish i could tell you about that though i have not seen anything about that. You might just have to go around manually checking it. Unless you have already found a plugin or can code one.

What are some good grief protection mods, and usergroup/permission mods?

WorldGaurd is a good plugin though you require admin or op permissions to claim land. GriefPrevention works really well with FTB though you have to make some config changes. My Fav Permission mod is Group Manager!

THESE ERROR'S:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

or "Connection Reset"

What plugins are you trying to install that give you these errors?

n0mad

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the reply!

I tried to install GriefPrevention, but I noticed the server began to crash at least once per hour after installing and configure it. When I removed it, the server returned back to normal without crashes. Here are some of the things I have in my mind which are frustrating, but could easily be issues. I want you to take a look and see if any of these sound like it would be an issue, or I'm just paranoid.

- Compatibility issue between essentials and all other addons I'm installing.
- Issue with world generation, and maybe the addons require to be installed prior to world generation?
- The recent FTB update. Haven't seen if Monster was updated, but I happened to install the server in the midst of this update.
- Maybe I need all 1.6.4 addons just so they don't interfere with each other?
- Is there a special way to install the addons? I'm just throwing them into the plugins folder

I'll have to mess around with this more, it's kinda hard because every time I get on the server I just feel like playing for myself since it's too fun. I really need something like WorldGuard, or GriefPrevention. If you could test those two, and see if you have any difficulties with them that'd be really nice. I'm still pretty convinced it's something with versions because when I googled the issue for hours on end the only thing I could find is plugins interfering with each other and not working. With 183 plugins installed, the list of compatibility issues is just not measurable.

EDIT:
Getting this error a lot, this normal?:

2014-04-14 11:39:28 [INFO] Connection reset

Server continues to run afterwards.

Last edited:

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the reply!

I tried to install GriefPrevention, but I noticed the server began to crash at least once per hour after installing and configure it. When I removed it, the server returned back to normal without crashes. Here are some of the things I have in my mind which are frustrating, but could easily be issues. I want you to take a look and see if any of these sound like it would be an issue, or I'm just paranoid.

- Compatibility issue between essentials and all other addons I'm installing.
- Issue with world generation, and maybe the addons require to be installed prior to world generation?
- The recent FTB update. Haven't seen if Monster was updated, but I happened to install the server in the midst of this update.
- Maybe I need all 1.6.4 addons just so they don't interfere with each other?
- Is there a special way to install the addons? I'm just throwing them into the plugins folder

I'll have to mess around with this more, it's kinda hard because every time I get on the server I just feel like playing for myself since it's too fun. I really need something like WorldGuard, or GriefPrevention. If you could test those two, and see if you have any difficulties with them that'd be really nice. I'm still pretty convinced it's something with versions because when I googled the issue for hours on end the only thing I could find is plugins interfering with each other and not working. With 183 plugins installed, the list of compatibility issues is just not measurable.

EDIT:
Getting this error a lot, this normal?:

2014-04-14 11:39:28 [INFO] Connection reset

Server continues to run afterwards.
You didn't tell us what you are using to run the plugins? The default FTB jar can't do plugins so what are you using that may be the source of all problems right there.

For tracking use Prism+ MySQL

Grief prevention

Royalcommands

Privileges for permissions.

n0mad

Jul 29, 2019
The host which I run my server off of seems to have defaulted it to "mcpc". I'm not quite sure what this is, but I know I initially launched the server with FTB. If anyone can confirm whether or not that is an issue that'd be great. Personally, I have no idea what that is so I'll have to look into it more.

Thanks for the answer, and I'll look into those plugins you provided soon!