Mod Pack Feedback

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you think I should Remove any of these mods?

• Total voters

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Well for starters, i'm making a mod pack but not all the modders have given me the "get go" for it. So I figured, why not ask you guys what you think about the design so far? To start off i'll give out a list of the mods that i'll be including.

Modular Force Field System
Damage Indicators
Redstone HandGuns
Applied Energistics
BC Tools
BiblioCraft
Biomes-o-Plenty
Buildcraft
Additional Buildcraft Objects
ChickenChunks
CompactMobs
Compact Windmills
ComputerCraft
DartCraft
DimensionalDoors
EE3
Electrodynamics
EnderStorage
Equivilency
ExtraBiomesXL
FlansMod
FlightRing
Forestry
HighLands
ICBM
IndustrialCraft2
IndustrialCraft ComboArmors
Iron Chests
LiquidXP
Logistics Pipes
Minechem
Mine Factory Reloaded
Minor Alchemy
Advanced Solar Pannels
GraviSuit
Modular Power Suits
MorePistons
Modular Power Suits Addons
Mystcraft
Natura
Omnitools
Power Converters
RailCraft
RedLogic(This is Orange As Well)
Secret Rooms
SoulShards
Steve's Carts
Tinker's Construct
Thermal Expansion
TubeStuff
UgoCraft
Universal Electricity
Immbis Microblocks
Truss Mod
Astral Craft
Wild Caves
StarGate Tech
Minegica

Redstone In Motion

I've color coded them so that you'll know which ones i'm on the fence about. Blue is the ones i'm absolutely sure belong in the pack, while the red ones are the ones that I think people might have a problem with. Orange ones are the ones that may have a few bugs either because they're a newer mod, or they don't play well with other mods or server protection(Mostly Server Protection) there's not too too many of those though thankfully.

Here's a nice little chart on why i'm on the fence with these mods:

Damage Indicators: This may seem a little bit too RPGish which is not my aim with this pack at all. The aim is to have a pack that everyone can enjoy regarless of their "type" of mod unfortuanately it's kind of hard to fit RPG in there with all this stuff...

RedStone Handguns: I don't know, there's just something about this mod that screams to me "people won't like this in your pack" maybe it's that it would destroy the pvp systems of servers, or that it seems a bit cliche with no use other than being something that you would play with for ten minutes and then burn.

BC Tools: This is still a greatly in development mod and doesn't have everything that fully finished tools would have. I'm also a tad bit worried that the jackhammer may bypass server protections.

Compact Mobs: MineFactory Reloaded already adds a simple way of moving mobs around that is WAAAAAAAY easier(the safari ball for those who don't know). But I also want to give users options, so i'm kind of on the fence.

Compact Windmills: Kind of the same reason that people don't like solar pannels. These can produce up to an EV current completely free of charge. They may be balanced out with a difficulty of hiding and space required, but i'm not sure what other downsides there are to these.

Electrodynamics: This will without a doubt become one of the best mods out there. But it's still a work in progress and requires quite a bit of manual labor to get anywhere and there's not interaction with anything besides vinilla as of now.

FlightRing: Firstly, it seems like a ripoff of EE, and once you really get going it's flat out free flight. Way easier than a grav chest or combo armor. But again, I want people to have options.

Logistics Pipes: This seems to be a sore spot for some people, because they don't like that it was picked up by someone without the creator saying "Sure, go ahead." But since it was open source, I say that people should be glad they still have it as an option.

Minor Alchemy: Just like the flight ring, i'm worried that it may be OP. Someone could use the good old blaze maceration trick to get a ton of CV with it.

Power Converters: For some reason people are just flat out against power conversion. Same situation as flans mod really.

RedLogic: Not only is it a couple days old, but it's a complete copy of redpower's cabling. Even though immbis has said from the beginning that that was his intention, i'm worried that this may be a problem for some people.

TubeStuff: The only thing that this really adds without redpower is a better autocrafting table(Which we'll eventually have the fabricator for again hopefully.) and an OP chest. So i'm worried that nobody would ever use it.

UgoCraft: Herin the problem lies. The mod depends on FML which is the first problem, but since it's so awesome and the community loves it I can overlook that. But it's made by japanese modders, so any form of communication between me and them would be very difficult as I don't speak japanese(or maybe it's chinese. I don't know because I don't read either.)

Here's the bugs i'm worried about:

ChickenChunks: There have been problems on servers before with chunk loaders corrupting chunks and I don't want this to become an issue.

DartCraft: It's a new mod, it's bound to have some bugs.

LiquidXP: I'm worried that there would be a dupe glitch and things would get out of hand on servers.

RedLogic: Again, new mod, also immbis has said that there are a few game breaking bugs, but has neglected to mention what they are, so i'm guessing they're dupe bugs which i'm really trying to avoid at all costs.

Ultimately i'm worried that i'll add too many mods and our friends with the old computers won't be able to use the pack which always sucks. Anyways, thanks for reading my overly long thread and please give some feedback either in the poll, or the reply section below.

Reactions: Darklord__

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you decide to go with flans I don't think you would not need the flight ring because you already have modular power suits. The reason I think people don't like flans is it can be a bit difficult to set up but once you do its fun. and if you have flans which if you use the WWII pack you might as well add ICBM because who doesn't like explosions :D

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was looking at the WWII pack, and apparently the tanks grenade shells or whatever they shoot bypasses protections, which is something I'd like to avoid. I know from personal experience how much of a pain it can be to be griefed like that. ICBM on the other hand, you can protect yourself from. Which is why I wanted to include it. I'll probably be adding in the tron bikes, simple parts, and and futuristic vehicles pack.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was looking at the WWII pack, and apparently the tanks grenade shells or whatever they shoot bypasses protections, which is something I'd like to avoid. I know from personal experience how much of a pain it can be to be griefed like that. ICBM on the other hand, you can protect yourself from. Which is why I wanted to include it. I'll probably be adding in the tron bikes, simple parts, and and futuristic vehicles pack.

you also have modular force fields which would also protect you from ICBM and they also have their own rocket defence but sounds like your making quite the interesting pack.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
you also have modular force fields which would also protect you from ICBM and they also have their own rocket defence but sounds like your making quite the interesting pack.

Well, glad to know that. Like I said, I was worried I overstocked on mods. Do you think that I should add more UE mods? As of now all I have is minechem and ICBM. I'm thinking that I may add the MFFS calclavia made along with fluid mechanics, mekanism, atomic science, complex machines. The whole works. What do you think?

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Well, glad to know that. Like I said, I was worried I overstocked on mods. Do you think that I should add more UE mods? As of now all I have is minechem and ICBM. I'm thinking that I may add the MFFS calclavia made along with fluid mechanics, mekanism, atomic science, complex machines. The whole works. What do you think?

your going to have to add universal electricity because ICBM needs a power source and you could also do atomic energy too just for the nuclear missles but they do have some neat power systems too.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
your going to have to add universal electricity because ICBM needs a power source and you could also do atomic energy too just for the nuclear missles but they do have some neat power systems too.

Already have, it's waaaaaaaay down there at the bottom of the list.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Already have, it's waaaaaaaay down there at the bottom of the list.

sorry just kind of skimmed the blue words since you wanted advice more for the red. so it sounds like all you needed was a sounding board which I'm more than happy to be :D

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
sorry just kind of skimmed the blue words since you wanted advice more for the red. so it sounds like all you needed was a sounding board which I'm more than happy to be :D

Something like that :p thanks for the advice. I'll definitely be keeping flans and ICBM as well as adding some UE mods.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Power Converters and Dartcraft is just asking for trouble with the force engines.

3x3 space, 6 force engines
BC liquid pipes sending milk into the force engines, force engines sending power into wooden conductive pipes and into a BC consumer, then sending out electricity via universal producer.

36 MJ/t
a big number UE units

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Power Converters and Dartcraft is just asking for trouble with the force engines.

3x3 space, 6 force engines
BC liquid pipes sending milk into the force engines, force engines sending power into wooden conductive pipes and into a BC consumer, then sending out electricity via universal producer.

36 MJ/t
a big number UE units

Well to be fair it's that way by design of the mod maker and even if it is a ridiculously powerful setup. The mod maker designed the force engine to be a powerful thing. Keep in mind though that i'm probably going to tweak the power conversion. It'll probably be a .2-.5 loss per conversion.

thats part of doing your own modpack adding mods you like :D

Yeah, but I'm attempting to get this thing into the launcher so I don't want it to be ALL about me. Just a good portion of it.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Ugocraft may be really problematic because it's not a Forge mod. As far as I know, you won't be able to play SMP with your modpack because Ugocraft requires ModLoaderMP, which doesn't work with Forge at all.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Ugocraft may be really problematic because it's not a Forge mod. As far as I know, you won't be able to play SMP with your modpack because Ugocraft requires ModLoaderMP, which doesn't work with Forge at all.

Sorry if i'm wrong, but it's my understanding that FML(Forge Mod Loader) fixed such problems. Then again, i've never used it so i'm probably wrong.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Sorry if i'm wrong, but it's my understanding that FML(Forge Mod Loader) fixed such problems. Then again, i've never used it so i'm probably wrong.
FML loads ModLoader mods just fine. It does not, however, work with ModLoaderMP mods like Ugocraft.

If you're looking for some kind of replacement for RedPower's frames, you might want to check out Redstone in Motion instead.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
FML loads ModLoader mods just fine. It does not, however, work with ModLoaderMP mods like Ugocraft. If you're looking for some kind of replacement for RedPower's frames, you might want to check out Redstone in Motion instead.

Ah, that is unfortunate. I assume that modloaderMP is incompatable with forge just like modloader is? That redstone in motion looks pretty good though. I was originally going to use the skyblimp system from UE, but since i'm giving options it doesn't sound all that bad. Ugocraft really is one of my favorate mods. It's a shame that I won't be able to use it in the pack.

I'm also thinking of adding the truss mod. If you guys want to check it out, here's a link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1852349-truss-mod-rp2-style-frames/ The dev(rainshadow) was really nice when I asked him about fixing the textures and optifine and said that there are still some bugs with cross mod compatability at the moment. But I think once those are fixed that there's a high chance this will be added.

I added wild caves, Astral Craft, StarGate Tech, Redstone In Motion and Truss mod to the list as well.

Edit: I've also added minegica to add to the RPG/Magic part of the pack.

zombiepig333

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... a lot of thought seems to have been put into this pack, and it seems like it is a very balanced and interesting pack. It should rekindle my interest in FTB packs for sure when it is released.

Will be keeping an eye on this!!

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... a lot of thought seems to have been put into this pack, and it seems like it is a very balanced and interesting pack. It should rekindle my interest in FTB packs for sure when it is released.

Will be keeping an eye on this!!

Thanks. I'd love your opinion on something. If I were to add gregtech with the config set so that it won't change anything, would you object to that? What do you think of that?

zombiepig333

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I'd love your opinion on something. If I were to add gregtech with the config set so that it won't change anything, would you object to that? What do you think of that?

Sorry about the delay, don't check these forums often.

Gregtech seems like an interesting mod that adds some pretty neat late-game blocks for Industrialcraft 2, so if the mind-blowing recipe changes are removed, then it should be included.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about the delay, don't check these forums often.

Gregtech seems like an interesting mod that adds some pretty neat late-game blocks for Industrialcraft 2, so if the mind-blowing recipe changes are removed, then it should be included.

Thanks. I was thinking as such. Gregtech can have hard recipes, but it shouldn't interfere with those of other mods.