Minecraft Mod Tutorial Downloads

007Smiffy

Jul 29, 2019
WE HAVE MOVED, FIND US HERE:

http://007smiffy.wix.com/mcplayabletutorials

LOGO IN DEVELOPMENT

Welcome to Minecraft Mod Tutorial Downloads [MMTD for short]. Ever found yourself struggling to understand a particular mod/mechanic? Don't have the time or patience to browse through tonnes of outdated tutorials or tiresome lets plays to find the answer? Asked on the feedthebeast subreddit for how to learn the masses of mods FTB provides? If so then this is the place for you!

The Idea:

So my grand idea is to have an area built by FTB Players for FTB Players. It will contain world downloads for individual mods or entire packs. These downloads will serve as an immersive tutorial, allowing the player to play through the tutorial to get to grips with the mods.

The downloads will be kept concise and up to date providing the help you need as quickly as I possibly can.

Planned Features:

- Tutorials of all main mechanics of the mod
- An introduction to the mod
- An explanation of any world generation provided by the mod
- An overview of the mod as well as some cool features / challenges to work towards when using the mod
- A detailed view of the mods early/mid/late game

I need your help:

Ive got an idea of how to start each world but I need the communities help. I plan each fortnight to release a new mod tutorial and I would love to have your input as to which mods to do as well as any cool things you've learned about the mod / creations using the mod.

Please comment/inbox me any ideas you have as well on any feedback for if you think this is a good idea.

Disclaimer:

Note any mods/modpacks featured are not my own. When a world download goes live I will follow this format when posting:

Name of mod/modpack [Version]
Link to download
Link to mods original forum page
Date last modified

A mod author has the right to remove the tutorial at any time if they feel it is incorrect / not required. They can do this by messaging me directly on here or on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/007Smiffy

Last edited:
Reactions: dragon_fang101

bigyihsuan

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting idea. I can't really help directly, but I could give some suggestions:
  • Use HQM or some other questing system, and guide the player through that. Reward the player for doing quests.
  • Use the latest version of the mod with no config changes. Different configs mean different experiences for other people.
  • Ship NEI/JEI with the other mod in order to show recipes.
  • Be sure to explain thoroughly how the mod works. This is especially important for mods like Logistics Pipes, AE2's channels, Thaumcraft, etc.
  • Show some little features others new people might not know about. For example, ExU's T key for looking for items in chests, or AE2 subnetworks.
  • If several mods from the same family go together (Like the Thermal CoFH mods, or Project: RED's modules), ship them together into a single map/pack.
That's all I can think of, so I hope you can utilize these suggestions.

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like an interesting project. I'd advise to move off the FTB Forums for organizational purposes, since forums tend not to play very well the larger the post gets. Make a website perhaps. Also, do not be discouraged from doing certain mods if their scope is too massive. Large mods (Like Reika's or AE2) should be covered as thoroughly as possible.

007Smiffy

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting idea. I can't really help directly, but I could give some sugustions:

First of thank you for your feedback.

I'm trying to avoid HQM as this then requires more downloads/setup and requires the player to know how to use it to begin with. I'm hoping people who have never played nodded minecraft and thus if HQM is used they may believe this is added by the mod I'm teaching.

I will be using the latest version/clean configs.

I won't ship NEI/JEI/WAILA with the downloads but I'll make a note on the origional post that they are recommended though not required.

And finally I will be sure to be as detailed as possible and ship similar mods together. Once again thank you for the feedback :)

007Smiffy

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like an interesting project.

Thank you for your feedback. I didn't want to have this posted here to begin with however I'm not sure how to set up a website. Seems like the only was to do it is to spend quite a bit of money each month for a domain.

And I'll be sure to go into as much detail as possible and yes I will be doing AE2 as soon as possible.

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like the only was to do it is to spend quite a bit of money each month for a domain.
There are plenty of free hosting sites out there, You'd really only need a basic site that could direct users to external file hosts (Curse, Dropbox, Mediafire)

007Smiffy

Jul 29, 2019
You'd really only need a basic site that could direct users to external file hosts (Curse, Dropbox, Mediafire)

Sorry to be a pain but would you be able to direct me to a website that can do this.

Edit: Don't worry I think I've found one :D

Last edited: