MFR Farm Range Upgrades

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Are these glitchy in 1.4.7?

Whenever I place these upgrades inside of (a) planter, (b) harvester, (c) fertilizer, (d) sewager, they cease to function. Do I need to have the entire area devoted to the particular block (i.e. it cannot be partially a path the goes through its range).

Puts a hamper on things ya know?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Not entierly sure about whats your question (poor english skills), but its seems you want to know why your MFR machines stop "working" when you put in an Range Upgrade?

IF you take for example an emerald upgrade, it will make your harvester to check a area 25*25 in front of it. But it can not check all the blocks at once.
So if in a 25*25 area there is one Tree it can take up a while (I think until 3 mins) to be detected.

Also it does not seem to have a straight up pattern checking from left to right one block after an other. I saw my own farm chopping a Tree in the left corner of the area and then chopping an other one in the oposite corner.

Norren

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't noticed such, but I have noticed that while the range is increased, the Work timer is not decreased, so it takes the same amount of time per square tended.

I assume this is the case, but for thoroughness - the red power bar is full?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's as Dentvar says, MFR machines check for work block by block, so if you've installed a large range upgrade, it'll take the machine longer to go around once.
unlike machines like IC2 with upgrades, the MFR machines doesn't use up more power, take longer/shorter or become more efficient with upgrades installed, they're purely to just increase the working range

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I´m using 1 harvester with an emerald upgrade and an planter with an other one for my wood farm. Without fertilizer and I have more then enought wood for 6 * 36 HP Boilers.
The harvester nearly never stops chopping because there are so many trees that he always find some block to harvest.

You should take in mind that the harvester puts his center in front of him. the planter always calculate from were he is. So the planter should be in the middel of the 25*25 area and the harvester at a side.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well I wanted to build a "hydroponics" bay. Well not really hydroponics, but something hi-tech in regards to horticulture, instead of a "farm". (i.e. Iron block theme with lots of glass and vertically running water, vines, etc. So I would have the farm area set around a central square, but leave the center empty for other machines and work.

It would look similar to the old forestry farms, is what I'm saying. That way I could fit the farms around the machines and make it look kinda hi-tech, instead of having everything linearly ordered, one after each other (each step).

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn´t be a problem.
Trees will just placed in dirt blocks and seeds and other crosps on Farmland.
so you can put the planter under the floor and it will work on all dirt block in the area. Other blocks in the area do not matter or the harvester neather since he will detect them as "not harvestable"

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, well when I had it going before it wasn't working well. I'll have a more control test site for the next one. I kinda just threw a dirt block outside the 3x3.

Though, the error you guys are suggesting sounds about right. The sewager only had cows on top of it, four in a row. I thought that I could get all four sewagers to detect all cows, if you know what I'm saying.... MUAHAH, but seriously.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
A note on range upgrades and sewers. Sewer blocks will cease to function if their range overlaps another sewer block. So it is best to simply have one sewer block with an upgrade.