Mech's FTB Ultimate Biofuel Energy Base

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
A mechanical engineer's Feed The Beast Ultimate 1.4.7 adventures...

The plan:
  • Mastery of biofuel factory design and production, the main factory surrounded by a base with plenty of steampunk design and inspiration whilst keeping things user-friendly and efficient.

The (general) rules:
  • No massive quarries, or more specifically, no digging of massive holes in the ground just for the sake of getting resources. Everyone does it and I'm out to prove you don't need to.
  • Minimal solar power, sounds strange when I'm doing a renewable energy base but solar power has been done to death. You won't be seeing any ultimate hybrid solar panels around here.
  • Minimal UU-matter production, unless absolutely necessary. UU-matter is like solar power, everyone and their brother has done it.
  • MAXIMUM biofuel production and MAXIMUM steam power!!! (or at least...a lot)
WORLD DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xh75557aw61tp21/Mechs_2014_FTB_Engineering_World.zip

AsiErbz.png

WHAT'S BEEN DONE
  • First house and storage
  • Tower Of Power (water mill tower)
  • Factorization solar array
  • Cool lookin' main factory building
  • Epic slime chunk farm
  • Automatic MFR wheat farm
  • Automatic arboretum and peat bog setup
  • Underground sugar cane harvester farms (1 of 5 completed)
  • The main biofuel factory in working condition (constant WIP)
  • First Railcraft steam boiler (1 of 4 installed)
  • Industrial steam engine setup (1 of 2 x 18 engine arrays installed)
  • Applied Energistics wireless and autocrafting setup
  • Overpowered Edenic bee XP farm

THE TO-DO LIST
  • First Gregtech steam turbine
  • Bee breeding
  • Tree breeding

Last edited:

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Had to ask. Ultimate is pretty ancient :)

I'll keep an eye on the thread regardless, biofuel setups are fun!

It is kinda ancient, I don't know what I love so much about it but it's still really fun, you miss out on Tinker's Construct and OpenBlocks etc. but then get the old fun things like one-hit bonemeal, enchantable power tools and gravity guns that allow you to easily carry around spawners :D
But yeah stick around if you want, I've already planned out where the main factory will go, I'm just working out dimensions but it'll be under construction soon.

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Normally I see everyone using FULL SOLAR FTW OMG LOLZ which i am Really tired of, so a massive biofuel facility is a bit better, si?

Pretty much exactly that lol

Progress might be pretty slow over the next few weeks because I've got big engineering assignments and exams due, but the factory building has started and I'm just working on a good design:

rE4e4XF.png

L6VqHnB.png

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I like the look of the base.

One question: Did you spawn in the power tools in your hotbar or do you already have machines set up?

Thanks! Yeah it's all legit, you need steel to make those tools but I had found some steel armor in a dungeon and smelted them down into the ingots I needed. Gonna get a proper blast furnace set up once the factory is built. I've got a basic machine setup (macerator, furnace, plate bender, compressor etc.) in the machine shop which is part of the main house.

On the subject of the factory, the ground level is mostly complete now. Might eventually add a second level on top:

PcWLPtR.png

NKEwAzR.png

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, is the inside area meant to be a farm, or just a garden for aesthetic purposes?

Yeah just for aesthetics, Ferrari actually do it for their factory to provide the right humidity levels for building their engines. The real thing actually looks pretty awesome:

drive-ferrari-factory-img18.jpg

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that does look awesome. Are there any plans to replace the wood with stone once you start getting a decent amount of resources?

Yep for sure, maybe some concrete or bricks would be nice for some accents. At least for framework anyway, just because if there's a fire then nobody wants their whole factory burning down.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
This is the first FTB Survival project I have been interested in, and let me say I am impressed. I hope this turns out awesome, I remember all the stuff I did in Ultimate and I never could really recreate that sense of creativity again. Good Luck!

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
This is the first FTB Survival project I have been interested in, and let me say I am impressed. I hope this turns out awesome, I remember all the stuff I did in Ultimate and I never could really recreate that sense of creativity again. Good Luck!

Awesome, thanks! I thought no-one would really be interested lol
Things might be a little quiet right now because I've got MATLAB programming assignments out the wazoo, but I've barely scratched the surface of the projects I've got planned.

In the whole scheme of things I reckon this whole map is only about 2 to 3% complete. The spawn house needs some aesthetics work, I'm not happy with the factory just yet but it's coming along, and then there's the big stuff like a massive solar array, brand new underground steampunk machine shop, Railcraft boilers, tanks, automatic farms etc etc. There's a lot of stuff yet :p[DOUBLEPOST=1413168686][/DOUBLEPOST]Got around to doing some design work on the house and it's looking a lot better now:

2UZTs6i.png

Oh yeah and for those interested, there's actually a pretty cool-looking volcano about 150 blocks away from the base. I'm not one to go building evil scientist bases inside a volcano but it looks great:

bkyioDJ.png

dRYDDqu.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1413187784,1413155548][/DOUBLEPOST]Starting work on the Factorization solar array, it's going to be a double decker:

f82rwL2.png

9U7RF8E.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBoss

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest mining some of the volcano and using it in specific parts of the factory. Especially in places that are required to withstand large amount of pressure as it gives it a realistic feel and looks great IMO.

Reactions: TheMechEngineer

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest mining some of the volcano and using it in specific parts of the factory. Especially in places that are required to withstand large amount of pressure as it gives it a realistic feel and looks great IMO.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that, there's two other volcanoes that are uglier and I've been tearing one of them up. Not using the basalt just yet but I will be.