MCPC+ |ForgeEssentials|BukkitForge(Bukkit mods{kind of})

What would you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Now, before anyone asks. This mod is NOT bukkit it'self it will have it's errors but so far i have found NONE!

So basicly, ive just found this. http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=4657.0
This is a mod that allows bukkit to run on a forge server, the update time for 1.5 may be much longer but the mod/server file allows ANY ported plugin to work (pretty much).
Now i just wanted to make this aware to bukkitforge, owner:keepcalm.
Again this is a bukkit mod, however their are a few differences.

|Fihgus commands
- Not including this. I don't believe it is 'like' bukkit, as it does not allow
prefixes/suffixes for ranks (not sure) or block/player logging commands in game.

|Bukkitforge (basic bukkit) Only working on 1.4.5/6/7 -> 1.5.1
- Dosen't work with coreprotect, LWC​
and will most likely NEVER work with permissionsEX​
- Slightly simpler to install, just plonk it in the​
coremods folder.​
- Causes much more issues, from what ive tested.​
(It's caused an energynet problem and countless​
entityplayer problems, mainly with traincraft).​
This is currently being updated however. I don't​
run it due to constant problems. So don't take my full​
word for it.​
| MCPC+ (Running spigot, faster bukkit, basicly)
- Works with all the plugins listed​
above and from what ive tested dosen't​
conflict with any of bukkitforges existing​
ones.(slightly debatable).​
- Requires you to click on it and let the files​
load, then rename it to e.g FTBserver.jar​
then run it.​
- Tested for around 2 months on a custom​
modpack server. There are no plugin related​
crashes or problems EVER. In this time, however​
there where some problems with some of the​
newer mods, such as dimensional doors. But​
not fatl. Ide reccomend it over bukkitforge :).​
| ForgeEssentials (Like bukkit but not exact)
- This works with only the coremods/mods included with it.
However the amount of commands and interactions
with it are exceptional!
- Put the mods/coremods into the
mod and coremods folder of the server.
- Tested for 3 days, I did have a few problems
and most of them unfortunatly crashes. However at​
the rate they fix them. It took only 5 hours to fix a bug​
I had submitted.​
- Also this will be expected to update quicker.
From what i know (tell me if im wrong).
- Is much, much more stable as it dosen't modify anything​
related to bukkit. It's a seperate coremod and mod.​
Before anyone asks, i ran this server on the i.p prot3ch.dtdns.net on my own pc and i tryed both while running a modpack decompiled by myself to try and cause as many errors as possible in both ends. I then tested MCPC+ and forgessentials on our main server. Found here: http://prot3ch.net I currently use MCPC+ though I did go through a forgeessentials period of around a week.​
Now, before anyone BOO's!!! Or hisses at me because they highly support one of the mods. I am only writing this to point out the fact that for the moment I don't want servers running a different type of bukkit mod to think thats the only thing that can use.

Now i have no idea if their are any other bukkit/simular port mods, im completely open to suggestions. I also understand that most people don't support this and wont use it because of bugs, well i agree. I would avoid it if i could but i run a 32 slot server that i feel needs plugins like coreprotect and hawkeye. So please take this into account. If anyone would like to point anything out ile edit this and put it in.

Thanks!

Ide also like to thank greenseed for a great list of plugins that he is sure/isnt sure work on MCPC+/bukkitforge:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/offcial-ftb-server-plugin-thread.19429/

p.s. Sorry if their are any spelling errors, im not the best in the world for certain.

p.s.s.s.s. Multiverse and transporter. Etc... Do work but they mess up all Industrialcraft machines.

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
Keepcalm is more than aware of this, he hangs around in mcpc's irc chat room. Also, this is not a mod, nor is this bukkit.

This is a spigot/forge merge/port. Spigot and bukkit run on very similar architecture and are designed essentially the same, but most certainly are NOT the same. Therefore most if not all plugins WILL work, but there are some different things with spigot, such as new types of weather storms.

Reactions: Profjb

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
ForgeEssentials is the way to go i my opinion. I made the switch recent from Fihgus Core Mod, again good. But the reason i switched is because it does everything i need to run my server. It has world borders, permissions, commands, protection, worldedit and much more. It's modular so you don't have to install all the features. Also I have confidence in the development team, as I use some their mods on my server.

I was a big plugins fan when i ran a bukkit server and it was hard make the choice to breaking away from them at the end of last year. But I had faith that there are alternatives for the things i NEED as a server owner. Fortunetely there was fihgus' mod. Gave me back commands, permissions and protection. Which allowed me time to run the server while wait for new options. Which Forge Essentials now provided.

The thing that made me switch away early on is a read something by someone, sorry great referencing i know. Which basically stated in order to move on server owners need to accept that things would get a bit more difficult. It stuck a tone with me and i made the switch from Tekkit to FTB. Life running the server is a bit harder, but a lot less thanks to ForgeEssentials, but I still enjoy it and feel I play a more active role now.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ionality-for-your-forge-server/#entry20533111

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1484373-146147smpfihgus-command-mods-for-vanilla-server/

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
I found that intresting acctualy, can i ask what time it was released? This may help tell if it will update quickly for 1.5 (If there is a 1.5)

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
25th of January 1:40am . I wouldn't take that has an indication of a later update. They had to build this mod from scratch and the alpha version was out in 6th December 2012. I think the update will be pretty fast as its a team.

After looking back the thread. Another selling point is their documentation is very clear. Permission use to do my nut in before.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
As me for running a server. MCPC+ works fine for me and their updated jenkins is VERY VERY fast. Thats all i use if i look into forgeessentials i may add some info to it :D.

oppositeZERO

Jul 29, 2019
I've made the switch to mcpc-plus, and its probably the best thing I've done for the server, it runs so much better than before, holding ticks more solidly, with better plugin support, ive seen an average decrease in cpu usage by well over 10%. I'd recommend everyone to switch theres no reason not to.

Reactions: agaricus and Profjb

Energysipher323

Jul 29, 2019
SORRY FOR CAPS IM MESSGING ON MY PHONE AND I CANT TURN IT OFF. BUT HOW WOULD I ADD THIS TO MY SERVER BECAUSEI USE A HOST (DEMONVPS) SO I CANT CLICK AND RUN IT.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Yes what i did is put it in a folder on your desktop double click then place all the files that are different to the DEMONVPS server. Once loaded u should have 2 .jar files
whatever your.jar file is named rename this one to it. So in other words rename your MCPC+ .jar file to the one you use currently.

Energysipher323

Jul 29, 2019
Yes what i did is put it in a folder on your desktop double click then place all the files that are different to the DEMONVPS server. Once loaded u should have 2 .jar files
whatever your.jar file is named rename this one to it. So in other words rename your MCPC+ .jar file to the one you use currently.
ok ill do this later[DOUBLEPOST=1360762896][/DOUBLEPOST]Will coreprotect work if i use this as well?

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it will energy it worked for me, just make sure youve added your mySQL details to it. Btw im open for any tech support on my site www.profserve.enjin.com in chat xD. My servers down atm cus im changing host and modpack :).

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
No, you don't but it causes no end of lag if you don't use mySQL. Ide reccomend asking your server provider to give access and support to a mySQL. ALl 4 of my currect and past server providers. Pigsaddle (died), mooshroom.net (active, but expensive), get-sourced(great support but expensive), plugpayplay (ok support, cheap as chips). Included it, ither as mySQL or a site to host it on :).

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for this very informative post :)

I initially started with bukkitforge, which worked pretty well as of build 190 with some bugs. However, i found it to have quick a significant impact on cpu load. This was with no plugins installed. Its been updated a lot since then. Might try it again.

Currently using ForgeEssentials, which has been great. Much lighter cpu footprint. No issues yet as of the latest release.

MCPC+ sounds great. Will definitely give it a shot.

dries007

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to tell you guys that, if you have any problems with ForgeEssentials, you can contact us on #forgeessentials or me through here.

Ps. I use FE, but I'm biased as one of the developers ;)

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
MCPC+ is a lot more than just something about plugins. MCPC+ merges spigot with forge. Spigot is a highly, highly optimized version of bukkit. It trims how many chunks should be loaded neatly, has a built in configurable entity limiter and in general processes ticks and packets much more efficiently than certainly vanilla minecraft and some over bukkit.

Forge essentials is basically just plugins for forge and from what I've seen in no way will increase your server's performance. This is not to say forge essentials is 'bad' per se and from what I've seen it doesn't lag your server horribly or anything, it's simply not something that will do anything to better the performance of your server.

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
MCPC+ is a lot more than just something about plugins. MCPC+ merges spigot with forge. Spigot is a highly, highly optimized version of bukkit. It trims how many chunks should be loaded neatly, has a built in configurable entity limiter and in general processes ticks and packets much more efficiently than certainly vanilla minecraft and some over bukkit.

Forge essentials is basically just plugins for forge and from what I've seen in no way will increase your server's performance. This is not to say forge essentials is 'bad' per se and from what I've seen it doesn't lag your server horribly or anything, it's simply not something that will do anything to better the performance of your server.
I'm actually considering if I should port some of the spigot patches to forge/vanilla.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot seem to change the poll, so from now on imagine forgeessentials & fihgu's commands is the 'other' selection in the poll.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
I find it neat that we have 3+ options here for plugin emulation/ support, and furthermore, the devs from each team are friendly and responsive. I see a bright future for FTB plugin emulation/ support.

ForgeEssetials from personal experience has almost no impact on server performance. However, i dont think its fair to compare FE to Spigot since i think FE has not been designed to optimize the server (that im aware of). It can help though. For exmaple, FE has a worldborder mod which allows you to generate all the chunks within the border, which increases server performance when exploring. FE is also easy to set up and works great. I like the chat mod much better than Essentials as well, but meh, personal preference.

What im curious about is if it is possible to run FE and MCPC+ together at the same time. Some of FEs modules i wouldnt want to lose, so im wondering if its possible to run MCPC+ and FE if you avoid plugins similar to the FE modules youve chosen to keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.