MCEdit Map Editor - Working with FTB!

Was this helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the newer versions of MCEdit replace unknown IDs with a vanilla block. I was testing around with the different MCEdit versions to see which ones were capable with mods. Apparently version 1.1 for Windows works with mods. Instead of replacing the block with a vanilla one, it turns it purple in the editor and leaves it alone. It is perfect for copying different modded structures and worlds.

Navigate down untill you see the file called MCEdit-0.1.1.win32.zip. (Mac version below it)
MCEdit 1.1: -removed-

EDIT 5-24-13: Link above is broken so the download will be from this link: -removed-

EDIT 5-26-13: I am pretty sure the latest version of MCEdit(which is currently 0.1.7) already supports item ids up to 4096 if I am reading their website correctly. Here is the download for 0.1.7: -removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePhD

Jul 29, 2019
You mentioned that it supports up to 4096 item ids, but much of the items in the more technical modpacks go well into the 10,000 mark. Does this mean that MCEdit will not work if you were to try to move your house from 1.4.7 Ultimate to 1.5.2 Unleashed?

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
You mentioned that it supports up to 4096 item ids, but much of the items in the more technical modpacks go well into the 10,000 mark. Does this mean that MCEdit will not work if you were to try to move your house from 1.4.7 Ultimate to 1.5.2 Unleashed?
It should work fine since you are moving a house from Ultimate to a new pack. It should work on both anyway since most of the blocks and items that you actually place down are 4096 and under. Yes, there are items with ids higher than that and those are normally items that you don't place down.

ThePhD

Jul 29, 2019
It should work fine since you are moving a house from Ultimate to a new pack. It should work on both anyway since most of the blocks and items that you actually place down are 4096 and under. Yes, there are items with ids higher than that and those are normally items that you don't place down.

So even though they are items above 4096 in the chests being copied, the fact that they cannot be placed means they will not be affected and thus it does not matter? I am just want to make sure because I have put a lot of time into my home, as well as those of my friends I am going to move.

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
So even though they are items above 4096 in the chests being copied, the fact that they cannot be placed means they will not be affected and thus it does not matter? I am just want to make sure because I have put a lot of time into my home, as well as those of my friends I am going to move.
Like I said, it should work, I don't know for sure. You could try it and if it doesn't work just take screenshots of your chests and spawn the items in on the new server.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Just save a backup of that region file and try. Only real good way to know. From what I understand the new MCEdit (1.6+) if it does not understand the data it will not delete (like it did before) but rather just not let you edit that data but you can copy it around.

X-MAN

Jul 29, 2019
How can I use MCEdit on FTB? Only my vanilla worlds are shown on MCEdit, anyone know what to do?

RobertRijkers

Jul 29, 2019
How can I use MCEdit on FTB? Only my vanilla worlds are shown on MCEdit, anyone know what to do?

have you played those vanilla worlds in FTB or before you installed it....if before then it might be that you are opening the wrong folder in MCedit

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Navigate to where your FTB worlds are saved from within MCEdit. There should be an option to browse for a saved world.

Status
Not open for further replies.