Map suggestion contest

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Here is your place to suggest maps for creation on any ftb pack featured on the launcher. Two maps will be selected for creation.
--Requirements--
-Pack must be featured on the launcher
-Must be appropriate
-Can contain parkour but is a survival map not for adventure play

--Winning--
-Number of likes
-Do ability/reasonability
-Balanced game play
-Ability of progression/added progression
-Description and precision of wanted builds

--Note--
The builds should not take more than a month each but try to keep it under 2 weeks of work because I want you guys too get your maps soon. And don't have times for like projects that take that long

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
A little more detail may be in order.
Is it something like agrarian skies?
Can you add mods like HQM and Minetweaker, among others such as to provide bosses after a quest line?
Can you use custom config settings?

Reactions: pizzawolf14

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
A little more detail may be in order.
Is it something like agrarian skies?
Can you add mods like HQM and Minetweaker, among others such as to provide bosses after a quest line?
Can you use custom config settings?
nobody entered anyway doesn't matter but if you have any suggestions go ahead

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, I've had an idea for a map which would probably need a custom pack to add some boss mobs, but essentially it could use agrarian skies for most of it.
The pack is essentially divided into seven progression sections, each with their own boss fight at the end, and then four more boss fights.
The seven progression sections are each a deadly sin, each boss being a demon - i.e. lucifer, satan, beelzebub, asmodeus, etc.

Interested?

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I've got this idea for a map that's a lot like Crash Landing, but it works a bit differently. Instead of the player(s) having to survive in a hot, dry desert, they have to survive in a cold, icy wasteland. The goal for the players is to try to survive by staying warm by keeping their core body temperature up and at the same time, they have to try to progress through the quest book to build the resources to escape the planet. Players can keep warm by staying close to an open flame or by consuming hot food and drinks. They also have to build a shelter to protect themselves from the elements and from monsters at night. If the players stay for too long out in the cold and away from a source of heat, they will begin to lose their core body temperature and eventually develop hypothermia and die. The player won't die right away once he/she gets too cold, but he/she will contract hypothermia and have their movement speed and healing rate slowed down much like the heat stroke in Crash Landing. Once his/her core body temperature gets to below a certain point, he/she will eventually take damage and freeze to death. There can be new items like a parka that can keep players warm and can be upgraded with various armor tier levels. Well, that's my idea. What do you guys think?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I've got this idea for a map that's a lot like Crash Landing, but it works a bit differently. Instead of the player(s) having to survive in a hot, dry desert, they have to survive in a cold, icy wasteland. The goal for the players is to try to survive by staying warm by keeping their core body temperature up and at the same time, they have to try to progress through the quest book to build the resources to escape the planet. Players can keep warm by staying close to an open flame or by consuming hot food and drinks. They also have to build a shelter to protect themselves from the elements and from monsters at night. If the players stay for too long out in the cold and away from a source of heat, they will begin to lose their core body temperature and eventually develop hypothermia and die. The player won't die right away once he/she gets too cold, but he/she will contract hypothermia and have their movement speed and healing rate slowed down much like the heat stroke in Crash Landing. Once his/her core body temperature gets to below a certain point, he/she will eventually take damage and freeze to death. There can be new items like a parka that can keep players warm and can be upgraded with various armor tier levels. Well, that's my idea. What do you guys think?
this is something I could do once I learn HQM so. CONGRATULATIONS?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've had an idea for a map... ...each boss being a demon - i.e. lucifer, satan, beelzebub, asmodeus, etc.

Interested?
yes this would be a pretty big project but that would be pretty fun so maybe if we can find a good time to talk about this then we could start on it

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
That doesn't sound similar to crash landing, it sounds like you're making crash landing, but reversing the environmental danger.

Reactions: the_j485

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Well the environment challenge is a bit different. Water wouldn't be much of an issue, and you would die from frost a lot. But yes, essentially the same.
I was thinking of using HQM lives not sync and I would totally redo the quest system plus I was thinking of making it an ice drilling system with a little bit of adventuring to do like abandoned buildings and machines that have only little bits of power left but a few machines to use and I would end up making it easier but even more goals and story line because they were drilling for artic bees that would supply something that can be traded for coal

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I was thinking of using HQM lives not sync and I would totally redo the quest system plus I was thinking of making it an ice drilling system with a little bit of adventuring to do like abandoned buildings and machines that have only little bits of power left but a few machines to use and I would end up making it easier but even more goals and story line because they were drilling for artic bees that would supply something that can be traded for coal
You know, there's this think in grammar called a period. There are also commas, and I've heard that they are very useful

And generally I have little to no idea what you are saying. Here';s what I got from this post:

• HQM lives instead of sync shells
  • Writing quests from scratch (like no duh)
  • There's an ice drilling system. I have no idea what this means.
  • Adventuring like crash landing, though I would hope there would be like igloos or caves with TF yetis and stuff.
  • machines with a little bit of power in them- So? So what if they have a tiny amount of power? They might as well have no power. And do you mean in the city, or at the spawn, or from crafting? What?
  • Make it easier - One of the reasons crash landing is so fun is it's really hard and it's fun to overcome those challenges in creative ways.
  • The rest of it just dissolves into ambiguity.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
You know, there's this think in grammar called a period...
...The rest of it just dissolves into ambiguity.
[/LIST]
First of you miss used a semicolon their only purpose is this ;P. And it seems like you pretty much understood what I was saying except for the bees part. The story behind the map is that a team of researchers were drilling the ice to find DNA from artic bees. And then something happened and you were the only survivor. That simple. And I didn't say I would make it easy but slightly easier to start off. Progression would be very similar

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
First of you miss used a semicolon their only purpose is this ;P. And it seems like you pretty much understood what I was saying except for the bees part. The story behind the map is that a team of researchers were drilling the ice to find DNA from artic bees. And then something happened and you were the only survivor. That simple. And I didn't say I would make it easy but slightly easier to start off. Progression would be very similar
No, a semicolon definitely was not invented for the sole use of smilies. Do you GENUINELY believe that? I'm worried if you do.

Reactions: jdog1408

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I had an idea where you are stuck in the middle of an ocean with about a 3x5x3 platform made of factory blocks with a chest inside that has 1 dirt 1 oak sapling a hqm book a quest delivery system and 5 bonemeal

Mods included:
Enviromine (sanity and air disabled)
Thermal expantion
Pams harvest craft
Hunger overhaul
Sync
Hqm
Chisel
Forestry
Magical crops
Ex nilo
Ex aliquo (or however it's spelled)
TiCo
MFR
Journeymap (off by default)
Agreculture (off by default)
applied energiestics
extra bees
hunger overhaul
spice of life
And some others you can add I can't think of any more

Some of the starting quests can be like 1 oak sapling and 1 oak log = 2 jungle saplings

10 dirt and 1 wooden hammer = 5 dirty water bottles "chose one:3 string, 32 bonemeal, 3 bread"

"Re doable"
1 dirt and 1 water bottle=1 clay

1 apple sapling and 1 seed = 1 cantelope seed

4 clay blocks and 1 wooden hammer = 8 grout

10 cobblestone 1 flint and steal and 1 bucket = 1 lava bucket and 1 flint and steal
"Pick one: autominus activator, 32 seered brick, 1 item transfer node"

128 redstone dust = 1 sync shell constructor

Ect...

And of corse it would have "ultra difficult recipys" for the macienes and stuf like that
Just like cl and under the water there would kinda be a big dungeon (like an evil Atlantis kindof) and things like that

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I had an idea where you are stuck in the middle of an ocean with about a 3x5x3 platform made of factory blocks with a chest inside that has 1 dirt 1 oak sapling a hqm book a quest delivery system and 5 bonemeal

Mods included:
Enviromine (sanity and air disabled)
Thermal expantion
Pams harvest craft
Hunger overhaul
Sync
Hqm
Chisel
Forestry
Magical crops
Ex nilo
Ex aliquo (or however it's spelled)
TiCo
MFR
Journeymap (off by default)
Agreculture (off by default)
applied energiestics
extra bees
hunger overhaul
spice of life
And some others you can add I can't think of any more

Some of the starting quests can be like 1 oak sapling and 1 oak log = 2 jungle saplings

10 dirt and 1 wooden hammer = 5 dirty water bottles "chose one:3 string, 32 bonemeal, 3 bread"

"Re doable"
1 dirt and 1 water bottle=1 clay

1 apple sapling and 1 seed = 1 cantelope seed

4 clay blocks and 1 wooden hammer = 8 grout

10 cobblestone 1 flint and steal and 1 bucket = 1 lava bucket and 1 flint and steal
"Pick one: autominus activator, 32 seered brick, 1 item transfer node"

128 redstone dust = 1 sync shell constructor

Ect...

And of corse it would have "ultra difficult recipys" for the macienes and stuf like that
Just like cl and under the water there would kinda be a big dungeon (like an evil Atlantis kindof) and things like that
Great. So we have crash landing in an icy desert and in the middle of the ocean. Ooh! How about we make it a skyblock!

But seriously, people. Try making a unique suggestion instead of crash landing variants.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Great. So we have crash landing in an icy desert and in the middle of the ocean. Ooh! How about we make it a skyblock!

But seriously, people. Try making a unique suggestion instead of crash landing variants.
Like mine!
Shall I elaborate? I have some nifty ideas for it...

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Mod about restoring an advanced, but mostly destroyed base. Could be relatively easy to make - take a late-game map, vandalise it a lot, move to worldgen without natural resources, then look at what resources are required to restore it, and make them rewards for quests.

Can be vignetted as a restoration of long-abandoned/destroyed colony on surface of distant planet (or in orbit). Quest book/box is a device that connects you with orbital ship, that is also not in a very good shape. So, your bro up there is repairing it, and that's why he needs to ask stuff from your in exchange for parts instead of just sending you everything you need.

Reactions: moded guy 123

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Mod about restoring an advanced, but mostly destroyed base. Could be relatively easy to make - take a late-game map, vandalise it a lot, move to worldgen without natural resources, then look at what resources are required to restore it, and make them rewards for quests.

Can be vignetted as a restoration of long-abandoned/destroyed colony on surface of distant planet (or in orbit). Quest book/box is a device that connects you with orbital ship, that is also not in a very good shape. So, your bro up there is repairing it, and that's why he needs to ask stuff from your in exchange for parts instead of just sending you everything you need.
any specific modpack you would like this based on