Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly extra skulls are out of the altar range, I know about the area it checks. I never had instability with this setup, even while doing dangerous infusions. I didn't tested it with any KAMI stuff though.
Oh, I don't mind to run around with emergency extra items, I'm not the "automate everything" kind of player :p I like to be more active and involved, especially with magic mods. Well, when possible, because alchemy golems save lives.

Reactions: Padfoote

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Due to unforeseen complications my last world went down the tubes, I even had a thread going for it: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/eldaria-survival-build-frenzy.46654/

That was discouraging but Im finally playing again. Playing on the Eldaria map once again, only been at it for two days but I finished my starter hovel. Its not the greatest, I couldnt figure out what to do with the section of building on the left, not completely happy with how it turned out.

Used basic building materials just to establish the structure, I might change those bricks once I get a wand of equal trade. Then again, I might not.

Finding a spot for all the things can be pretty tricky when you just build randomly like this.

But its more fun to just go with it than planning ahead.

This is the only place the infusion altar would fit comfortably.

My "get stuff done" room. Its even more a mess in the basement. Once I get more established I will probably abandon this place and build around my stuff instead of the other way around.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, got a few new pics to show off. That castle was not working out for all of my tech stuff, I never intended on keeping it there anyway. Castles are for magic mods. So I built a new place across the way.

Its not quite finished, should be obvious that the brick does not belong. And the outside needs some contrast, not quite sure what color I should go with but the blue glass just made this build work for me. Oh and Im pretty happy with my ME system, it looks like an actual machine...from battlestar galactica or something, lol. Although the left and right sides seem a bit off, I need to figure out something better.

Oh and just in case you were wondering, thats four subnetworks. The left holds ingots, dust and various plant material-basically things that arent blocks that I have a lot of. The second is for blocks that dont do anything AKA building blocks. Third is for blocks that DO stuff AKA machines and pipes and the last one is for everything else. The middle one accesses everything and is for crafting. Theres a high priority ME chest there that will grab anything that isnt already on one of the other drives so its easy to find that thing I accidentally dropped off. The whole system is designed around ease of access. But every so often I empty the ME chest by manually moving items to whichever network it belongs in. Not a big deal.

Oh, and I replaced some of the Applied energistics textures because the originals do not look very good IMO.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Nope i dont build square rooms with machines on floor and all around the walls. But yea the second picture is nice.

Hmmph. I did say its unfinished, didnt I? I needed a place to put my important machines so I can work towards building a place special for them.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Hmmph. I did say its unfinished, didnt I? I needed a place to put my important machines so I can work towards building a place special for them.
No problem there. I just dont see point of sharing such shot of "temporary storage" then. Maybe to impress us with future progress? :p
(to end this peacefully: you are free to post anything you want the same way i am free to comment it)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
No problem there. I just dont see point of sharing such shot of "temporary storage" then. Maybe to impress us with future progress? :p
(to end this peacefully: you are free to post anything you want the same way i am free to comment it)

True. I posted this because a) I was hoping someone like you might give me some constructive criticism. and b) because I think it looks pretty good especially the second pic. Its not square btw, its rectangular. If not on the floor, how would you place the machines? Seems all of the pics in your thread are gone so I cant look to them for reference.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've found that vertical columns of machines fit much better in non-square rooms. Anything not needing inter-machine automation can be arranged in columns around power lines, which also gives me power running between multiple levels. Those that do have automation get buried in the basement where I'm not going to see them.

Tsori

Jul 29, 2019
While I don't agree with zh's critasizm, I'm not one to like overly 1980's scifi designs so I'm not in a massive position to comment on his standpoint. However if you do want to mix up machine placement, use the cables feeding them ( be them ME or Conduits ect) to support them from the ceiling. Quite often il have terminals coming from the roof suspended on their cable as it adds a bit of interest to the center of a room.

All that changes now I've moved on to ae2 but that's part of the excitement

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
While I don't agree with zh's critasizm, I'm not one to like overly 1980's scifi designs so I'm not in a massive position to comment on his standpoint.
Oh really?!
So E.R.A.M. look like this...
alexander%20leydenfrost.jpg

...instead of this...
ibzsnKzavPKyM5.jpg

right?

[rofl after comparing those 2 shots for a while... they actually are similar in composition xD]

Last edited:

Tsori

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing bad about it, just the vibe i get. The lack of organic flow is what sets it off, which is great as thats part of what gives it a unified theme.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Right Folks, here goes nothing.

Since I'm not much of a creative builder I figured I'd post some shots of my wizard's tower-to-be on here and ask for your opinions. I've only just started laying the ground work but the thing I'm most stuck on is what blocks go well together with the ones I'm already using (FYI, playing the DW20 pack with Chisel mod added in), in particular for the floors.

- entryways will be pillar quartz blocks with chisel's fantasy block as a "cap".
- walls will probably be marble (not the Chisel marble but the ProjectRedmarble).

From the 2nd SS you may see I'm currently trying out smooth sandstone in combination with glowstone blocks.

For the record: I intend to build quite a ways upward, adding a floor somewhere to install my infusion altar in. In an off-shoot of the main tower, I intend to create a wand recharge room. Not quite sure how I'm going to handle the jars yet as I'm not sure what the range is for the altar to draw vis from jars.

I'd appreciate any and all input and ideas from you guys...seen some incredible builds pass in this thread, making my own wizard's tower seem very insignificant.

Thanks once more,
Bel*.

View from ground to main entrance (will be 4 entryways in total btw):
http://i.imgur.com/YtAJoTu

View on "ground floor":
http://imgur.com/UiIWL5L

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I believe it's eight blocks from the central pedestal of the altar for jars. What I did was to build my floor three thick, and put the alchemical furnaces and alembics down there, so the Golem that fills them is able to run around underneath the Altar, and it can still draw from the jars. I've got something like what Direwolf uses for filling aspects into jars.

I'd suggest using the Chisel Patterned marble on the outside of your build. It'll tie it into the stone work around it better than just the outside of the Project Red Marble will.

Reactions: Beleriond01

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Well...been relatively hard at work and have to say I truly admire the awesome builders that have shown their builds here so far. I'd always wanted to try but never found it to my liking and boy, oh boy, how much time have I now spent on this build already and it's nowhere near finished.

Did want to give you a bit of an update though so here goes nothing:

As you may recall from my previous post, there wasn't much here by way of natural stuff so I created a sort of pond to place my wizard's tower in.

Front (back to my house):
http://imgur.com/Z2sVdcl

First floor:
http://imgur.com/YIu5Llt

Top floor with my wand recharging station and nodes...still need to think of something to finish the top off though some kind of arches may be nice:
http://imgur.com/ELTVBjn

View from behind towards beebuilding and my house:
http://imgur.com/ehgj6Q5

To do list:
- add more and better nodes :)
- finish off the top floor
- branch off on a side to create a separate tower/room/building for my infusion crafting

Hope you like it.

Bel*.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Rather than an off-shoot, consider making a free floating room off to one side, with Project Red inverted lamps in the base to make it appear to have some sort of magical levitation holding it up. Then use a few arcane levitators to lift you from the tower to the enchanting vessel. You can even go a little crazy with the bottom by having the underside have different lengths of pillars hanging from the bottom, so it looks like it was ripped from the ground. Remember you can go completely crazy and if you don't like it, tear it down.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
@KingTriaxx that actually sounds like a pretty marvelous idea...think I'll try that. The only thing I'm not sure about is what you mean with the levitators. AFAIK they only take you up/down but not forwards so the only way for that to work would be to have the enchanting island over the tower...

Think I'll need to think on the practical side some more, also regarding the way I could hook up AE then hmmm...challenges! I love it!

Bel*.